Help please. Where do I go for the next tourist visa?

I got a 2 month tourist visa a few months ago in Laos and last week got an extension till next month. I'm unclear as to where to go next for another tourist visa for 30 days. I want to do a retirement visa in March but need to do a visa run before. Can I still go to Rayong and go across to Myanmar for 30 days or do i nedd to go to Penang? Heads all over the place

The last report I can recall is that Ranong will not allow crossings for visa exempt entries.

You will only get a 15 day entry at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country. But can extend it for 30 days at immigration.

You could do a crossing at the Malaysian border. But not at Sadao if you can avoid it they will want you to stay overnight to get to get a new entry.

Like you say, been before to laos (vientiene?) and have a singel entry? It´s not any problem to come back to Vientiene and have a double or singel entry again.My information is that you can have 4 singel entry or 2 double entry from Thai Embassy in Vientiene with out any problem. Vientiene is one of the best places to do visa run.smile.pngclap2.gif

There is only a border crossing in Kanchanaburi. All you can get there is a visa exempt entry. The crossing and border pass will cost 900 baht.

You would have to go out to an embassy or consulate to get a tourist via.

Yes thanks .... But don't have a Egypt visa to travel and also the embassy closed... So what about Tunisia or Jordan Amman ? Thank you for your care . I love Thailand .

You would need to contact them directly. No information is available on the forum.

Yes thanks .... But don't have a Egypt visa to travel and also the embassy closed... So what about Tunisia or Jordan Amman ? Thank you for your care . I love Thailand .

You might be able to do the application by mail (courier) to the embassy in Cairo.

There is no embassy in Tunisia but there is a honorary consulate.

Tunisa

Lotissement SFERLAZZO Hammamet 8050

Mr. Mohamed Gherib

Tel/Fax (21) 61 281 408

Tel (21) 02 281 508, 09 319 834

A visa exempt entry is what you get on entry if you don't have a visa.

You will only get a 15 day entry at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country that gets a 30 day entry.

Ok Cheers for that ,,Does Ireland qualify as a G& country ,,tried to look it up online but difficult to say

You will only get a 15 day entry at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country that gets a 30 day entry.

Ok Cheers for that ,,Does Ireland qualify as a G& country ,,tried to look it up online but difficult to say

Ireland is not a G7 country. You will only get a 15 day entry but you can extend that entry for 30 days at an immigration office.

Hello ... So what about turkey to issue thai visa for libyan from over there Cuz I'm travel to Istanbul ... So can get it ? Thanks a lot ....

You have to check with the embassy to see if they will issue you a visa. See here for a list of embassies and consulates with a link for their websites :http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Normally when there is no Thai embassy in a country there is a designated embassy or consulate in a nearby country that will issue visas for that country. That designated embassy would accept applications by mail from that country.

Ireland is not a G7 country. You will only get a 15 day entry but you can extend that entry for 30 days at an immigration office.

OK thanks for that. I'm considering going to Penang for a a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business) visa. My passport is stamped to the 15th of February (Sunday). Do I have to go on Friday or will Sunday the 15th be OK? And do you know how much this visa will cost me down there?

OK thanks for that. I'm considering going to Penang for a a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business) visa. My passport is stamped to the 15th of February (Sunday). Do I have to go on Friday or will Sunday the 15th be OK? And do you know how much this visa will cost me down there?

From what you wrote above it doesn't seem to me that you qualify or can produce the paperwork for a non-imm 'B' visa. You can leave the 15th. Tourist visa is about 1,000 Bt, non-immigrant 2,000.

If he goes for the one-year multiple-entry visa (which may be unobtainable due to lack of paperwork) I believe the cost through agents in Penang is 5000 Baht. wai.gif

Hi thanks for that. Is this possible and what paperwork would I need to take with me?

TheDJMecanic

You would require documentation from your employer and a Work Permit to obtain a 'B' visa.

Judging from your posts it would seem the best you possibly obtain from Penang would be a single entry tourist visa.

I have a company that I opened a few years ago in Bangkok but haven't used in in years cos I didn't keep up the maintenance payments so I'm not sure if I can use that and I don't have a work permit.

TheDJMecanic

You would require documentation from your employer and a Work Permit to obtain a 'B' visa.

Judging from your posts it would seem the best you possibly obtain from Penang would be a single entry tourist visa.

I have a company that I opened a few years ago in Bangkok but haven't used in in years cos I didn't keep up the maintenance payments so I'm not sure if I can use that and I don't have a work permit.

You will not get a non-b visa at any nearby location without a work permit application approval letter and company paperwork.

To get a multiple entry non-b in Penang you need a work permit with at least 8 months of validity.

TheDJMecanic

You will not get a non-b visa at any nearby location without a work permit application approval letter and company paperwork.

To get a multiple entry non-b in Penang you need a work permit with at least 8 months of validity.

Ok Thanks ,,so where can I go then? How do you get the Non Imm B in the first place ,,I remember a few years ago you could get it before the WP

Ok Thanks ,,so where can I go then? How do you get the Non Imm B in the first place ,,I remember a few years ago you could get it before the WP

As I wrote you have apply for a work permit first. You can do this with a tourist visa.and company paperwork.

Once you apply for the work permit you can get the approval letter from the labor ministry then you can get a single entry non-b visa any nearby embassy or consulate.

After getting the non-b the work permit will be issued.

They changed the rules for getting a non-b some time ago.