Biggest Homepro in Chiang Mai

konisaan

I have no idea what "on the 121 to the northeast of the city" means but I assume you mean the newest one in Sansai??? Yes it is the "biggest".

I honestly don't see how it can stay in business. I've been in there 6 or 7 times now. Very nice store indeed. A couple of times I was the only customer in there - or maybe 1 of 2, while the other times there have been perhaps 6-8 customers in there total. The amount of employees in there compared to customers has to be 6/7 to 1.

Edited by elektrified

A great place to shop attentive staff , good quality stock and queries easily sorted. Look out for english speaking staff in customer services they all wear Union Jack badges.Some good offers at the moment.Slightly more expensive than Global house but a good shopping experience.

I have no idea what "on the 121 to the northeast of the city" means but I assume you mean the newest one in Sansai??? Yes it is the "biggest".

I honestly don't see how it can stay in business. I've been in there 6 or 7 times now. Very nice store indeed. A couple of times I was the only customer in there - or maybe 1 of 2, while the other times there have been perhaps 6-8 customers in there total. The amount of employees in there compared to customers has to be 6/7 to 1.

Ha! I don't know where Sansai is but we are talking about the same place. Head out of the city towards Chiang Rai on the118 then left on the outer ring road (121)

I would include this map in my original post but for some reason I don't see an edit button.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%AE%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3+@+%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88/@18.8232903,99.0004126,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x30495fb8553ceef3?hl=en-US

Ha! I don't know where Sansai is but we are talking about the same place. Head out of the city towards Chiang Rai on the118 then left on the outer ring road (121)

I would include this map in my original post but for some reason I don't see an edit button.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%AE%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3+@+%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88/@18.8232903,99.0004126,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x30495fb8553ceef3?hl=en-US

Homepro Sansai. http://www.homepro.co.th/en/store-location?section=ภาคเหนือ&province=เชียงใหม่&title=Chiangmai%20sansai

GPS18°50'03.6"N 99°02'10.7"E

The newer one in Sansai is smaller than the big one at Big C on the super highway and not quite as big as the medium sized one at the Big C complex in Mae Hia.

You sure? Maybe it's the layout and the shops in front that makes it look like the largest one to me. I've only been to the Hang Dong branch once but the new one still seems the largest to me. I could be wrong of course. Also the lack of customers makes it look large too.

The newer one in Sansai is smaller than the big one at Big C on the super highway and not quite as big as the medium sized one at the Big C complex in Mae Hia.

You sure? Maybe it's the layout and the shops in front that makes it look like the largest one to me. I've only been to the Hang Dong branch once but the new one still seems the largest to me. I could be wrong of course. Also the lack of customers makes it look large too.

No not sure, us pensioners are easily confused! One of them is definitely the biggest, and one of them is definitely the smallest, leaving one of them being mid sized.

Nah, Sansai is absolutely bigger, I'm certain of that.

This will get interesting. I live a stones throw from the new one on 121, and have been to the one in Hang Dong. I consistently find things offered in Hang Dong not found in any of the other stores, including Sansai. If, and I question that, Sansai is bigger, its only by sq.m. Hang Dong has a lot more in products. Another poster mentioned Thaiwatsadu, which was my favorite place until the last 3 visits over 6 mos. It seems the stock is dwindling, not as many customers, more idle employees. I got the impression they might be going out of business. Global House, being far from Sansai, is my first choice if looking for western tools not found or higher priced in the other stores, or if I'm going to do a large purchase. Don't take me wrong. I love the new HomePro in Sansai. I love to stop by, get a coffee and sip while I stroll the aisles ''inventorying'' their stock. Call me the male version of the mall crawler. There are not enough ''Man toy stores'' around.

Nah, Sansai is absolutely bigger, I'm certain of that.

This will get interesting. I live a stones throw from the new one on 121, and have been to the one in Hang Dong. I consistently find things offered in Hang Dong not found in any of the other stores, including Sansai. If, and I question that, Sansai is bigger, its only by sq.m. Hang Dong has a lot more in products. Another poster mentioned Thaiwatsadu, which was my favorite place until the last 3 visits over 6 mos. It seems the stock is dwindling, not as many customers, more idle employees. I got the impression they might be going out of business. Global House, being far from Sansai, is my first choice if looking for western tools not found or higher priced in the other stores, or if I'm going to do a large purchase. Don't take me wrong. I love the new HomePro in Sansai. I love to stop by, get a coffee and sip while I stroll the aisles ''inventorying'' their stock. Call me the male version of the mall crawler. There are not enough ''Man toy stores'' around.

I also am in the Sansai store frequently, perhaps pace it out next time there. Agreed about Global House and Thaiwatsadu, the latter being the owner of Bahn and Beyond which seems very active these days.

I couldn't say for sure which branch is biggest, but perhaps it's the lack of customers that makes the new branch on the 121 look bigger?

BTW, while it's not exactly a DIY place like Home Pro, the new Boonthavorn on the super highway is undoubtedly the largest home furnishing shop in CM. Go there on a weekday afternoon and you may be the only customer in sight. The variety and quality of the products there are astounding - far far better than anything I've seen elsewhere in Thailand or even Australia. There's also a huge park with a lake and fountain right behind the store where you can picnic or even take the dog for a run.