How early can I apply for extension of stay

I have a single entry non imm b ( and a WP) which expires on 26th Feb. I want to get a yearly extension based on marriage but it looks like i will be out of the country from 14th Feb till after the visa expires. Tried at immigration to get the extension but they said come back 10 days before visa expires. But I will have already left. Any ideas?

You can apply for an extension up to 30 days and at some locations even 45 days early. But in case of an extension based upon marriage you will need to come back after 30 days for the extension to be approved. At that time you must be in the country to recieve the extension.

You could aply for a 60 day extension and get a re-entry permit. Then once you come back apply for the extension based upo marriage.

For the 60 day extension tyou would need to bring along the misses, with her ID-card, household registration book or proof of actual residence, marriage certificate and of course your own passport.

You can apply for an extension up to 30 days and at some locations even 45 days early. But in case of an extension based upon marriage you will need to come back after 30 days for the extension to be approved. At that time you must be in the country to recieve the extension.

You could aply for a 60 day extension and get a re-entry permit. Then once you come back apply for the extension based upo marriage.

For the 60 day extension tyou would need to bring along the misses, with her ID-card, household registration book or proof of actual residence, marriage certificate and of course your own passport.

My "retirement" visa needs renewing on or before the 26th April-how soon before this date may I apply-my 800,000 baht savings was deposited on the 23rd January and as it must be seasoned for 3 months so can I assume they will not accept an application before the 23rd April?

My "retirement" visa needs renewing on or before the 26th April-how soon before this date may I apply-my 800,000 baht savings was deposited on the 23rd January and as it must be seasoned for 3 months so can I assume they will not accept an application before the 23rd April?

Correct.

Thanks Mario, looks like the immigration officer is just being difficult, good to know there is another option.

Seasoning is only required for 2 months if this is the very first time you are "renewing your 'retirement' visa" (or, more to the point, seeking an annual extension of stay).

If you mean you already have an extension of stay (not visa) that you are renewing, if you only use the Baht 800,000 in a bank method, it must be in for a full three months. If this is your first extension following a non-imm O-A or non-imm O visa entry and permission to stay, then only two months.

BUT if you can get an income verification letter from your embassy for even a small monthly amount (as long as the income and bank deposit add up to the Baht 800,000 for the year), then you can combine the "money in the bank" and "income method." When you combine the two there should be no seasoning requirement for the money in the bank at most immigrations offices (although I think some offices are sticky about that).

Edited by Suradit69

hi,,i reported for my 90 stamp on 5th oct so my next 90 day was beginning of jan 2015,,,but my 12 month extension of stay,[retirement] ran out 1st dec 2014 so I renewed it,,so does that mean I report 90 days after the day I renewed it,as the last one had ran out and this id a new one..reason is I have not been to immigration on the day of reporting as I have taken the date from making a new extention so that would mean reporting about 1st march,am I right??/thanks.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font

hi,,i reported for my 90 stamp on 5th oct so my next 90 day was beginning of jan 2015,,,but my 12 month extension of stay,[retirement] ran out 1st dec 2014 so I renewed it,,so does that mean I report 90 days after the day I renewed it,as the last one had ran out and this id a new one..reason is I have not been to immigration on the day of reporting as I have taken the date from making a new extention so that would mean reporting about 1st march,am I right??/thanks.

You are now late for your report unless the immigration officer changed your report date when you did the extension.

Getting an extension does not count as a report unless it is the first one.

thanx ubon joe,so what happens now,i will go on Monday..
carnt I just throw the white slip away and just go 1st march,90 days after doing extention of stay 1st dec 2014..

and if they say anything I could just say it wasn't there when I got my passport back?what ya think.

Edited by davjensteph

thanx ubon joe,so what happens now,i will go on Monday..

carnt I just throw the white slip away and just go 1st march,90 days after doing extention of stay 1st dec 2014..

and if they say anything I could just say it wasn't there when I got my passport back?what ya think.

Either way you will have to pay a 2000 baht fine for reporting late.

I don't think they will accept your story about the slip going missing and would check their computer for when you did your last report.

Hi Joe,,just to let you know,i went to the hospital and they did an official letter for me to say I had been sick and couldn't attend immigration,when I got to immigration this morning I gave him my passport and when he saw I had missed my report date he said you must pay,,i showed him the letter from hospital and he didn't want to know,he said I should have come earlier,,i said I didn't know I was going to catch dengue fever or I would have,,ha ha...then he said I should have got someone to go for me,i told him I was very sick and didn't think about immigration,,he said must pay 5000 thb,he showed me the fine on a form,,failier to report 5000thb so I knew he wasn't just trying it on...I just kept saying sorry and I didn't know I could send someone to report for me,i told him I had renewed my extention of stay on the 1st dec 2014,,why 90 day not start then?/ I was trying everything,desperation setting in,the office was packed,[jomtien] in the end he said I will help you this time but next time you have to pay,,,YES RESULT,,,i know I am very lucky,first time ever I have got away without paying a thai when they have said 'you must pay'...

Anyway happy ending,,,,might have one of those now...ha ha....thanks for your comments joe....