Chiang Mai Australian Consulate

GG65

Hi all,

I am sure this has been asked before but I need to get a 'red tape from Australia' form signed in order to renew my drivers licence in Australia which expires in March but I will be here ... have the form but of course it requires a signature from someone worthy of sighting my photo and signing that it's me ... does the consulate here cater for this. I read they only have limited duties here ... anyone used them for document signing?

Yes i had mine signed last September. There is no fee but a donation is "well noted", in other words you don't donate it will be your last visit. I gave him 500 baht. It was either him or off to BKK....

Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai, Thailand

This post is headed by an Honorary Consul

Address

Australian Consulate,
236 Chiangmai-Doi Saket Road,
Amphur Sansai,
Chiang Mai 50210
Thailand

Telephone

+66 53 492 480

Fax

+66 53 492 426

Will be interesting to hear if he can

Hope the Aust Embassy dont do what the British Embassy did and canned all Verifications

Have to then go to Bangkok Aust Embassy

I had some Australian Immigration forms for my son (long story, stupid ex forgot to renew his passport and discovered the day they were due to fly out of Aus) witnessed by the Honorary Consul Michael Walther last year, he can witness forms, he just can't do anything with them for you, you then have to send them to Bangkok, or in your case possibly whatever State's transport department is applicable.

Nice bloke, just watch Google Maps with the address; he's not the other side of the airport, he's out past the super highway to the east in what I could best describe as some sort of landscaping/ building materials business.

Edited by lordblackader

Will be interesting to hear if he can

Hope the Aust Embassy dont do what the British Embassy did and canned all Verifications

Have to then go to Bangkok Aust Embassy

I had some Australian Immigration forms for my son (long story, stupid ex forgot to renew his passport and discovered the day they were due to fly out of Aus) witnessed by the Honorary Consul Michael Walther last year, he can witness forms, he just can't do anything with them for you, you then have to send them to Bangkok, or in your case possibly whatever State's transport department is applicable.

Nice bloke, just watch Google Maps with the address; he's not the other side of the airport, he's out past the super highway to the east in what I could best describe as some sort of landscaping/ building materials business.

Other side of the city more like it. He's on the Doi Saket road.

get the address on Google, and here's what you're looking for. on the left, a bit past the SUZUKU sign way up in the air on the right.

post-111567-0-25600500-1422609372_thumb.

Yes i had mine signed last September. There is no fee but a donation is "well noted", in other words you don't donate it will be your last visit. I gave him 500 baht. It was either him or off to BKK....

Seriously? We've been out there 4 times - he's a genuinely nice bloke and we've never even thought about making a 'donation', neither has anyone else I know who have been out to have him witness various stat dec's. I wouldn't mind in the slightest making one, he's very generous with his time, but it really hasn't ever seemed appropriate to broach the subject.

Try this bloke he should be able to help you.

"I am a Justice of the Peace (Qualified) for the State of Queensland, Australia now living in Chiang Mai. I am happy to offer my services to the local Australian community. All services are free of charge. An Australia Justice of the Peace outside of Australia can deal with many matters for Australian citizens, but not all. Please check this website to see if I may be of assistance.: jpincm.yolasite.com/ Best Wishes. Neil K.

Gee...thanks ...will check him out as Mr Walther said he cannot sign it as he is in an honorary position ... my form just says an ambassadorial or consular officer...so I thought that would be fine but he says no. He said Bnagkok.I will check out this other guy and if not try the Australian Embassy in Vientianne on any visa run. Red tape!!

The Consular Section of the Australian Embassy in Bangkok (http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/consular.html) will organise a Consular outreach visit to Chiang Mai on Friday, 27 February from 08.30 am to 12 noon and from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm at the following address:

51/2 Arrak Road

T. Phrasingh, A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

Tel. 053 903999

During this visit, they will provide the following services:

* Passport renewal applications – please ensure you bring all original documents and photocopies with you.

* Notarial services

* Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas and driving licence renewals

* Witnessing documents

Fees are payable in cash only. Please contact the Consular section (http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/consular.html) on 02 344 6300 to confirm fees payable.

Edited by NancyL

"I am a Justice of the Peace (Qualified) for the State of Queensland, Australia now living in Chiang Mai. I am happy to offer my services to the local Australian community. All services are free of charge. An Australia Justice of the Peace outside of Australia can deal with many matters for Australian citizens, but not all. Please check this website to see if I may be of assistance.: jpincm.yolasite.com/ Best Wishes. Neil K.

I am meeting Neil today ...very helpful and replied to emails immediately and offered to meet me close to where I am...thanks Saan for the info on Neil. Thank you!

I am meeting Neil today ...very helpful and replied to emails immediately and offered to meet me close to where I am...thanks Saan for the info on Neil. Thank you!

Hope all goes well

Oops i did not read correctly

So Neil is a JP and does work as well as The Australian Consulate

Can he verify a Cenrelink Pension Paperwork

Plus

Will the Thai Immigration accepts this signed by Neil

Just a thought for future

Edited by Lizard2010

For Commonwealth Departments there is a list of authorised persons that is quite lengthy (in regards to Statutory Declarations). Perhaps it would be easier if posters indicated what profession was authorised to certify documents relevant to what they are seeking as it can vary. There maybe one at a local hotel or backpackers or bar smile.png

Australian registered Pharmacists, Nurses, Police Officers, certain ADF members, and members of bodies such as Chartered Accountants of Australia can all sign Stat Decs for the Commonwealth even when in CM on holidays. I have had most of my documents in Chiang Mai certified by a "Permanent employee of the Commonwealth" who resides in CM here for several months each year for Centrelink, Immigration, ATO, and DVA paperwork with no problems for the last six years. I just save the stuff up or pre plan as best I can as to when I know he is about.

Ps...edit I imagine the Hon Consul could sign if he falls within one of these specified person categories and not solely as a result of being an honorary consul (stat dec wise anyway). Certifying true copies may be different.

http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx

Edited by mamborobert

Seriously? We've been out there 4 times - he's a genuinely nice bloke and we've never even thought about making a 'donation', neither has anyone else I know who have been out to have him witness various stat dec's. I wouldn't mind in the slightest making one, he's very generous with his time, but it really hasn't ever seemed appropriate to broach the subject.

I second that Konini.

Edited by stevecm

it is so sad to report the following

my super visa agent is in process of obtaining my ret extension,which was brought forward by a few weeks due to the following

our hon con gen in c/mai mr micheal walther will be doing no more authorisations on retire ment visas (end of march from memory)

my super visa agent said the next one (if still alive and bucking) will have to be done in bangkok

i would like to add that micheal walther over years has been a tower of strength in assisting citizens from the land down under, in a complete honoury position

he is a true blue aussie with a wonderful aura about him, he will indeed be sadly missed by aussies needing his mateship in assisting their stays inc/mai

the micheal walthers of this world do not come along everyday , be assured of that

Edited by evenstevens

my super visa agent is in process of obtaining my ret extension,which was brought forward by a few weeks due to the following

our hon con gen in c/mai mr micheal walther will be doing no more authorisations on retire ment visas (end of march from memory)

my super visa agent said the next one (if still alive and bucking) will have to be done in bangkok

i would like to add that micheal walther over years has been a tower of strength in assisting citizens from the land down under, in a complete honoury position

he is a true blue aussie with a wonderful aura about him, he will indeed be sadly missed by aussies needing his mateship in assisting their stays inc/mai

the micheal walthers of this world do not come along everyday , be assured of that

I concur with your praise of Mike.

It was not his decision to cease verifying income but the Oz embassies. I think they were moved to do this by the Thai Government.

I also understand that the embassy will hold more regular sessions in Chiang Mai. I just hope they decide to let us know about them. Posting it on Thai visa would not be a bad start.

I concur with your praise of Mike.

It was not his decision to cease verifying income but the Oz embassies. I think they were moved to do this by the Thai Government.

I also understand that the embassy will hold more regular sessions in Chiang Mai. I just hope they decide to let us know about them. Posting it on Thai visa would not be a bad start.

I would like to give my thanks to Mike, he is a true-blue good bloke. Sad news indeed, he fills a gap that the Oz Embassy and ThaiVFS can never fill.

• 2 weeks later...

following micheal wathers retirment, i paid a vist y/day to the mobile consulate section at the rim resort for a certified proof of income,for renewal of my retirement visa

i am very happy to say, it was a very pleasant experience, the two lady officers were very very nice to all ockers,they performed all their duties to the highest degree

my peice of work took a mere 20 mins,from my saddle i noticed that all ockers received the same 5 star service,in comfortable meeting room

great start by our mobile consulatesmile.png my lady said they will be coming up every 3 months,

my fee was a mere 510 baht, a very nice morning to allbiggrin.png

following micheal wathers retirment, i paid a vist y/day to the mobile consulate section at the rim resort for a certified proof of income,for renewal of my retirement visa

i am very happy to say, it was a very pleasant experience, the two lady officers were very very nice to all ockers,they performed all their duties to the highest degree

my peice of work took a mere 20 mins,from my saddle i noticed that all ockers received the same 5 star service,in comfortable meeting room

great start by our mobile consulatesmile.png my lady said they will be coming up every 3 months,

my fee was a mere 510 baht, a very nice morning to allbiggrin.png

Good to hear all went well

Also that they will come every 3 months

This will help us all

• 2 months later...

Announced today on Thai Visa that the Australian Government has opened a permanent consulate in Phuket.

Why not in Chiang Mai as well ? we might ask.

I'm told they have very efficient Immigration office as well.