Can't afford to live in Thailand anymore

theguyfromanotherforum

I am Canadian and find it is still cheaper in thailand. Try and live in Canada on the same budget as Thailand and you will find it impossible. Bottles water is 2 dollars or 52 baht now. The baht is still good. I used to get 18 to the dollar for years. Also the dollar will be up by the end of the year when oil goes back up to $70, Canadian dollar is oil based.

Cell phone costs in Canada run over $300 a month thats pushing 10,00 baht for most every one I know there it is all on contract with the companies and need to sign up for 1 to 3 year terms. A minimum monthly payment plus time used.but phone is free.

I cant remember how much be water. but go in internet...

24 * 500ml nestle pure life its 2.99 CAD.

Thailand 12* 600 its 60-50 B

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

SO what about you talking?

blink.png

OK

this is what I am talking about. Stop at any store buy a bottle of water cannot find one under $2. Not talking internet in bulk price. Can get cheaper yes even at Walmart when you buy in bulk. I was referring to one bottle purchases.

A dollar or 26 baht buys nothing in Canada and I mean nothing. I will be back in June and come back to this thread and post costs if you want.Just tell me what store,s you want priced out.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I entirely agree that good quality/luxury items are a lot more expensive here, and if we want to buy them we're in trouble even finding them.

But when it comes to 'everyday' costs, Thailand is still a lot cheaper as long as one is prepared to accept the lower quality.

SO what why i say.. I am stay in Thailand too.. because now i am poor guy.. I am not proud about this is but I am not shy too...

about "everyday" costs.. its not realy to if talking about western type life..

even some simple electric thinks ( not good qality) be more expensive..

I have almost nothing buy in Thailand . Just food.. But even this is some time buy out..

when travel out or friend come.

Any electronic and electric. Clothes if some famous brand its- HK, Europe or from US.. some from China..

If "NO NAME" its from China/Vietnam ..( in Thailand its up price an poor choice)

Just few tShirt and shorts for home work buy in Thailand and one sliper( use once).

On the other hand good quality mattresses and pillows made from natural rubber latex, primitive gold jewelry, some stone( it can say lux goods) can be bought cheaply in Thailand.

PS

how you guess H&M its qulity clothes? But its up price then in HK or London..

For Many Thailand people with they sallary its "lux" clothesclap2.gifrolleyes.gif

Just what i see

only old model some sport brand its be simular priced as in HK and some Europe.. But still highes than in US..wai.gif

YES IN THAILAND CAN LIVE some stile cheapest than in another country..

Milk is also way overpriced in Thailand. A 2L bottle is fixed at A$2 in Australian supermarkets, which equates to about 52-53 Baht. In Thailand, when you can find a 2L bottle of milk (not very common) it will cost a whopping 91-95 Baht. And no, I'm not talking about imported milk, this is Thai produced milk. An 830mL bottle will cost around 42-50 Baht.

Not sure why in such a "cheap" country, milk costs virtually double the price of Australia.

It's because Asians don't drink much milk, so no bulk sales consumer savings.

But you can buy raw milk straight from most Thai dairy for 130bht/5l bag = 26bht/liter.

Which is the same price of your Australian milk.

I usually buy 10 liter, then put it into 1 liter bottles and freeze it.

Edited by BritManToo

I am Canadian and find it is still cheaper in thailand. Try and live in Canada on the same budget as Thailand and you will find it impossible. Bottles water is 2 dollars or 52 baht now. The baht is still good. I used to get 18 to the dollar for years. Also the dollar will be up by the end of the year when oil goes back up to $70, Canadian dollar is oil based.

Cell phone costs in Canada run over $300 a month thats pushing 10,00 baht for most every one I know there it is all on contract with the companies and need to sign up for 1 to 3 year terms. A minimum monthly payment plus time used.but phone is free.

Whilst I agree that one can live more cheaply in Thailand than most Western countries, I'm incredulous that mobile 'phone charges in Canada are close to 10,000 bht p.m.! Is that really true??!

Using bottled water is not a good argument either, assuming tap water is safe to drink in Canada.

most Western coutry?

Can you tell this is coutry?

And type life..

PC

Lovelomsak...

Say not TRUE... About water I give price its can easy find in internet..

about mobile phone...

also easy can find in entenet..

in Thailand i am use near 5 gb per month and domestic calls its cost me near 25k per year 4-6 time i go out Thailand per year. near 300 B per day internet in rouming + 20-60B per min call to traveling country or back call to Thailand

so its cost me near 15000B

Phone what can get free in Canada when you take cotract 2 year in Thailand cost 14-20k

so total 2 year used

Thailand 25000+15000= 40000*2= 80000 + 20000=100000K B

Canada

Phone free..

105Cad per month

unlimited call in Canada

Unlimited massege

5GB Data

Rouming in many coutry:

Data included in monthly fees(105CAD)

calling worldwide not more 10Cad per day not more 100CAD per month..

so total if I use in Canada be same as in Thailand.

105*24= 2520CAD

and rouming near 600 CAD

total 3120 CAD

Not see big difference...

Where in Thailand Cheap?

Could you please tell me which provider is so cheap in Canada all my relatives would move over to that one. Rogers is the big one where I am from.Yes the phone is free. Then there is different costs at different times.But there is a monthly fee also.If you call some one difficult to keep charge under $1.Even local calls.The discount times are when you are sleeping.or working. Most of my relatives pay from $250 to $400 a month for phone service in total.$300 is pretty average.If it was cheap do you think they could afford to give free phones. There is no pay as you go providers. you need to get locked into a provider or you donot have a cell phone.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

this is what I am talking about. Stop at any store buy a bottle of water cannot find one under $2. Not talking internet in bulk price. Can get cheaper yes even at Walmart when you buy in bulk. I was referring to one bottle purchases.

A dollar or 26 baht buys nothing in Canada and I mean nothing. I will be back in June and come back to this thread and post costs if you want.Just tell me what store,s you want priced out.

Yes, I am sure if there were 7/11 stores on every corner like in Thailand the price of water would be cheap. And since we are comparing junk anyway, let me compare the price of kitkat which you can get in Canada for 59 cents at every dollarama vs 30 baht in Thailand rolleyes.gif Btw, water in Canada is almost free.

So, what's cheaper in Canada?

Price of electronics, cars, condos, houses (comparing good locations in major cities vs good location in Bangkok), medicare (but not medication), taxes (yes, taxes..... because I was comparing the tax and misc. costs I would pay in Canada vs a foreigner in Thailand), most quality food (chicken and fruit being an exception) and most importantly if you have kids.... schools.

Whilst I agree that one can live more cheaply in Thailand than most Western countries, I'm incredulous that mobile 'phone charges in Canada are close to 10,000 bht p.m.! Is that really true??!

Using bottled water is not a good argument either, assuming tap water is safe to drink in Canada.

most Western coutry?

And type life..

PC

Lovelomsak...

about mobile phone...

in Thailand i am use near 5 gb per month and domestic calls its cost me near 25k per year 4-6 time i go out Thailand per year. near 300 B per day internet in rouming + 20-60B per min call to traveling country or back call to Thailand

Phone what can get free in Canada when you take cotract 2 year in Thailand cost 14-20k

so total 2 year used

Canada

Phone free..

105Cad per month

unlimited call in Canada

Unlimited massege

5GB Data

Rouming in many coutry:

105*24= 2520CAD

and rouming near 600 CAD

total 3120 CAD

Where in Thailand Cheap?

Could you please tell me which provider is so cheap in Canada all my relatives would move over to that one. Rogers is the big one where I am from.Yes the phone is free. Then there is different costs at different times.But there is a monthly fee also.If you call some one difficult to keep charge under $1.Even local calls.The discount times are when you are sleeping.or working. Most of my relatives pay from $250 to $400 a month for phone service in total.$300 is pretty average.If it was cheap do you think they could afford to give free phones. There is no pay as you go providers. you need to get locked into a provider or you donot have a cell phone.

The phone is not "free," it's baked into the monthly 24 or 36 month phone service contract.

OK

Ha ha

I be in Canada near 5 year ago. But part of my Family still living in Canada..

So guess if some changed they let me know whe we phone talking..

I am not realy remembe how much is in store as 7/11 in Canada.

but i am sure 2cad or may be litle more its be price for brand as Fijy..

about nothing buy at 1CAD!!!

haha i am sure coffe in 7/11 and many thinks can buy..

and i am not talking about internet bulk price. in this is site 2.5 for internet bulk price then 3.99 in supermarcet.whistling.gif

Now just try look in internet 7/11

hot dog( beef meat) + ised softdrink 2CADblink.png ?

so water 2CAD still donno what about you talking??blink.png

most Western coutry?
And type life..
PC
Lovelomsak...

about mobile phone...

so total 2 year used

Canada
Phone free..
105Cad per month
unlimited call in Canada
Unlimited massege
5GB Data
Rouming in many coutry:
105*24= 2520CAD
and rouming near 600 CAD
total 3120 CAD
Where in Thailand Cheap?

The phone is not "free," it's baked into the monthly 24 or 36 month phone service contract.

good point

Yes i am talking about Rogers

Share Everything +

5 gb Data + unlimeted call in Canada 105$

Rouming call wordvide not more 10CAD per day

not more 100CAD per month bills.

Roiming Data included in plan 5GB extra 5cad per 100mb

375CAD its top plan with 60gb data..

may be some used in phone this is traficc but many people its 2-5 gb only..

and if for share data to computer why no buy modem?

and 100GB it price 145CAD...

I donno what your family used for 400CAD per month one people.

Not is FREE.

becouse if without service cotract its not be cheapest payment per month ..

Or... its be cheapest???

rolleyes.gif

NOT

So you pay SAME price as month 2 month payment.. but if you promise stay with company 24 month..

They give you FREE as gift phone or discount for buy phone or service..\

IS it?

Anyway..

have plan 75Cad per month for 4 gb..

and FREE iPhone6SE 16 gb

so its be 1875CAD

how much in Thailand IPhone 6SE 16 gb with 4 gb data per month for 24 month?

and can I pay itsall together monthly if got contract?whistling.gif

But what's really eating into budget: School fees. If you have many children it is getting so expensive while in Germany it's absolutely free, on a higher level.

Government school is free in Thailand too and a very small cost for foreign children.

Now if you want to compare private schools in Germany and Thailand, I suspect Thailand will be cheaper.

As for German government schools being on a higher level, just try one where 30% of the kids are from Syria.

Private schools are cheaper in Germany. You don't think that, me neither. Also, the whole "private school" sector isn't that established. The gov schools have high reputation. You can easily go to a gov school and then to a gov university and get bachelor/master and they want to get you as employee everywhere in the world because of the quality. And then you compare it to the miserable education in Thailand. Yeah, yeah.

You're living in the past, Germany and it's schools aren't like you remember any more.

Yeah right, I have kids in Germany going to those schools.

After four years I would have to say for me anyway...

Electricity here is much cheaper.

Eating out at restaurants is much cheaper

Housing is a wash as we own our home back where we came from

& we own our condo here ( actually just sold as we decided to move back for a few years)

But yes housing here is 3x cheaper than where I hail from at least

But other than that I would have to say freedom is much cheaper here

I also think if most are honest this is what attracts them ( well for single guys I am sure girls are high on list but I am married) smile.png

But yes freedom here is cheaper...

Freedom from taxes

Freedom from Nanny States

Freedom from excessive cops on roads laying in wait to ticket you etc

( But of course this has a high cost with Thailand roads being 2nd most dangerous in world)

I don't know about others but it is not so much prices that I love about Thailand as much as the freedoms

& the Thai people I also enjoy very very much.

Thai people IMHO are just basically nice (yes put them behind tinted windows & a steering wheel & that changes a bunch) But overall great nice people. For me a joy to live with

& interact with. I love having conversations with them & they are always so curious about where I am from how we lived there, what we ate etc.etc.

So yes I have not found Thailand too expensive Financially.

But like any place of course it has its good & bad points.

But as far as I can tell prices was not one of them...yet anyways & I am not a rich person per se'

Word. The freedom. The freedom this country gives oneself is rarely and sadly diminishing but will be still there forever because the mentality/culture is different than our subservient to authority.

You think the Thais aren't subservient when faced with someone in authority? They are even more obsequious than us Westerners in our home countries when having to deal with police/'important' people!

True. But how to explain it? Yes, there is the same bureaucracy but there is always a way around to gain personal freedom back. Let's say I can enjoy my unsafe ride on a motorbike without a helmet.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

Yes, I am sure if there were 7/11 stores on every corner like in Thailand the price of water would be cheap. And since we are comparing junk anyway, let me compare the price of kitkat which you can get in Canada for 59 cents at every dollarama vs 30 baht in Thailand rolleyes.gif Btw, water in Canada is almost free.

Price of electronics, cars, condos, houses (comparing good locations in major cities vs good location in Bangkok), medicare (but not medication), taxes (yes, taxes..... because I was comparing the tax and misc. costs I would pay in Canada vs a foreigner in Thailand), most quality food (chicken and fruit being an exception) and most importantly if you have kids.... schools.

... but the main difference is that you don't need that in Thailand whereas you are forced to need it in Canada.

Cars? Nowadays you can have a five year old 2nd hand car which isn't wrecked for 40% of the initial value. Look at 2011 Pajeros, full spec, 500k. Doubt it would be cheaper in EU/CA/US.

Condos? Not sure where you living, but the places I compare are either at the same level (EU vs Bangkok) or Thailand is cheaper (everywhere vs. everywhere in Thailand except Bangkok).

Houses? See above.

Health care? Well, Paying 10,000-20,000 THB per month as a 65 year old for private health insurance is kind of VERY VERY cheap.

Taxes? 7% VAT vs. 19%-25% VAT in Europe. Personal income tax = progressive flat tax = much, much lower than in Europe.

Quality food? I think the food industry wants to kill us all, regardless where on the Earth you are living. But the supply of fresh fruit in Thailand is really nice, including all the spices and herbs. I can recommend Graviola.

Schools? Yes. Absolutely true. The education system in Thailand is really miserable, regardless if you look at gov or private schools. Yeah, right, you are paying the 1mb / year for your kid's university education in Bangkok. And after that, who in the world wants to hire them? Nobody, because they are poorly educated.

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

You are right about cars and electronics being cheaper but that.s about where it ends. Comparable condos are similar in price.Good condos in Canada start about $300,000 or 8 million baht.Houses are way more expensive in Canada.I do not know one person with a house worth less than $500,000 Canadian.or 13 million baht. Most people in my family and friends it is more like 1 million dollars a house or 26 million baht. That is common unless you live in a very rural place. Food prices I do not know at the moment but will check when I go back.

Every province has tax on sales.about 7% and federal is 7%. So every thing you buy has 14% added. Buy something for 10 dollars and pay $11.40. Buy a cheap car $20,000 you pay 2,800 extra in tax.By a fridge $1000 dollars pay 1140 dollars. Buy a TV for $700 pay $798 .Get the picture.

Can drink the tap water which is a big plus.

Property tax which you donot have in Thailand. Most homes $5000 a year and it goes up from there. Many people pay over $10,000 a year for tax. So even when you own the house you are still paying..

Car insurance is more than twice as expensive.Try and get a decent policy for any one under $1000 a year.Young people pay $3 thousand or more.a year for insurance,or do not drive. I personally know some young people who are paying 4,500 a year.

Beef has gotten so expensive most people do not buy it any more.

Heating bills go well into the hundreds every month in the winter. $300 a month is very common and considered reasonable.

In Canada $3,000 a month gets you very basic life. In Thailand that is 78,000 baht and gives you a little more.

By the way where do get 59 cent Kitkats. Last time I was in Canada they were $2.

Want to talk rent.I owned 10 house there and have a very good grasp on this I feel.The cheapest you can usually find is basement suite. Yes living under some else in their basement. These start at $500 and go up as the comforts go up.$500 is what 13,000. And still pay heat ,electric,water sewer.,cable. which will run another 2 to

3 hundred. so the cheapest you could rent for would be around $800 a month in a hole living under some one else.for 20,000 baht. In a hole like this you could afford to get out and do things yes. But rent a decent place and it will run a minimum of $1500. So then after you pay water etc you have food money not a lot extra. on $3,000 a month..

I should also mention try and find a job with out contacts and education paying $ 3,000 after tax in Canada is not easy either. Labour is finished. Jobs are in the service industry. serving coffee at Star Bucks will not get you $3000 a month.

You guys on this thread who think you know about what you speak are fooling your selves.

I love the bit about comparing house prices, Thailand v the west.

I wonder how many expats in Thailand fund or have funded their life in Thailand on the back of proffits they made, or are making on wedtern house ownership?

Compare that with a house in Thailand, which with very few exceptions westerners in Thailand cannot own.

Anything costing Bht3million that you pay for but cannot own is expensive.

A point that is not missed on significant numbers of expats in Thailand who have lost their life savings by buying houses in Thailand that are registered in someone elses name.

Edited by GuestHouse

Yes i am talking about Rogers

Share Everything +

5 gb Data + unlimeted call in Canada 105$

Rouming call wordvide not more 10CAD per day

not more 100CAD per month bills.

Roiming Data included in plan 5GB extra 5cad per 100mb

375CAD its top plan with 60gb data..

may be some used in phone this is traficc but many people its 2-5 gb only..

and if for share data to computer why no buy modem?

and 100GB it price 145CAD...

I donno what your family used for 400CAD per month one people.

With everything you said here i still do not know how much a month you are saying you pay. Looks to me like this.

Canada unlimited $105

Roaming World wide $100

60gb $375

share to computer $145

Total $725

you are right i was way off only half of what you pay.and that is without roaming data at 5 cad per 100mb

Edited by lovelomsak

You are right about cars and electronics being cheaper but that.s about where it ends. Comparable condos are similar in price.Good condos in Canada start about $300,000 or 8 million baht.Houses are way more expensive in Canada.I do not know one person with a house worth less than $500,000 Canadian.or 13 million baht. Most people in my family and friends it is more like 1 million dollars a house or 26 million baht. That is common unless you live in a very rural place. Food prices I do not know at the moment but will check when I go back.

Every province has tax on sales.about 7% and federal is 7%. So every thing you buy has 14% added. Buy something for 10 dollars and pay $11.40. Buy a cheap car $20,000 you pay 2,800 extra in tax.By a fridge $1000 dollars pay 1140 dollars. Buy a TV for $700 pay $798 .Get the picture.

Can drink the tap water which is a big plus.

Property tax which you donot have in Thailand. Most homes $5000 a year and it goes up from there. Many people pay over $10,000 a year for tax. So even when you own the house you are still paying..

Car insurance is more than twice as expensive.Try and get a decent policy for any one under $1000 a year.Young people pay $3 thousand or more.a year for insurance,or do not drive. I personally know some young people who are paying 4,500 a year.

Beef has gotten so expensive most people do not buy it any more.

Heating bills go well into the hundreds every month in the winter. $300 a month is very common and considered reasonable.

In Canada $3,000 a month gets you very basic life. In Thailand that is 78,000 baht and gives you a little more.

By the way where do get 59 cent Kitkats. Last time I was in Canada they were $2.

Want to talk rent.I owned 10 house there and have a very good grasp on this I feel.The cheapest you can usually find is basement suite. Yes living under some else in their basement. These start at $500 and go up as the comforts go up.$500 is what 13,000. And still pay heat ,electric,water sewer.,cable. which will run another 2 to

3 hundred. so the cheapest you could rent for would be around $800 a month in a hole living under some one else.for 20,000 baht. In a hole like this you could afford to get out and do things yes. But rent a decent place and it will run a minimum of $1500. So then after you pay water etc you have food money not a lot extra. on $3,000 a month..

I should also mention try and find a job with out contacts and education paying $ 3,000 after tax in Canada is not easy either. Labour is finished. Jobs are in the service industry. serving coffee at Star Bucks will not get you $3000 a month.

You guys on this thread who think you know about what you speak are fooling your selves.

Buy a cheap car $20,000 you pay 2,800 extra in tax

cheesy.gif

You so unny

Acura TL, BMW 328, Infinity G37?? 2-3 year old.

ok extra tax.. how much you pay extra for this is in Thailand?

And another thinks simular. Not important tax important how much it cost for you..

Ontario North also 7% tax?whistling.gif

.I do not know one person with a house worth less than $500,000 Canadian.or 13 million baht. Most people in my family and friends it is more like 1 million dollars a house or 26 million baht

House with out ground it nothing.. In Thailand possible owner foreigner ground if investment in Thai economic 40 ml bath.. you just can apply ,, but i do not know any guys who get it..

lishold its not owner it as rent.

And please not compare 1 ml CAD I am sure its have NORMAL standarts house with qality material even maybe It can be a good brick walls.. window with double gluses .. etc..

have groud for electracity etc..

cheesy.gif

you get WESTERN very basic life.. in Thailand you cant get it even for 150000 bath..

As example my young cousin have income near 75k per year

And can live in studio have bmw 335 i donno how much its life cost in Thailand?

why You say this is?

You guess in Thailand foreigner get 3000CAD for serving coffe?

or easy find Job with out contacts and education?cheesy.gif

PS

Construction worker i guess can near 3000 or even morecoffee1.gifwhistling.gif

in Thailand can?whistling.gif

Edited by ardokano

I wonder how many expats in Thailand fund or have funded their life in Thailand on the back of proffits they made, or are making on wedtern house ownership?

Compare that with a house in Thailand, which with very few exceptions westerners in Thailand cannot own.

A point that is not missed on significant numbers of expats in Thailand who have lost their life savings by buying houses in Thailand that are registered in someone elses name.

Never been interested in owning land of any kind, either back home or here. The land was here long before we were born, and will be there long after. Kidding yourself that you own it seems ridiculous.

Never been interested in owning land of any kind, either back home or here. The land was here long before we were born, and will be there long after. Kidding yourself that you own it seems ridiculous.

It's a ridiculous concept that has been the foundation of that other ridiculous conceot for so many, 'wealth' abd the even more ridiculous concept of 'the independance that comes with wealth'.

So what does this have to do with this thread? I see nothing here relating to the thread. Off a bit are we not?

With everything you said here i still do not know how much a month you are saying you pay. Looks to me like this.

Canada unlimited $105

Roaming World wide $100

60gb $375

share to computer $145

Total $725

you are right i was way off only half of what you pay.and that is without roaming data at 5 cad per 100mb

its 3 different package for 3 sim card

1. 105CAD = its 5GB data( canada and any in rouming) any extra 10mb its 5CAD+ unlimit call and massage in Canada+ if use rouming wordvide its not more than 10 per day (unlimeted call) not more whan 100CAD per month+some free movie or another bonus

2.375CAD = its 60GB data( canada and any in rouming) any extra 10mb its 5CAD+ unlimit call and massage in Canada+ if use rouming wordvide its not more than 10 per day (unlimeted call) not more whan 100CAD per month+ some free movie or another bonus

3.145CAD = its simcard for internet Top plan for 100GB any axtra data +5Cad for 1GB if call+ 15CAD for unlimitad province call or +35 for unlimited ALL Canada call

I compare my Thailand used mobile service with firts plan,, so its be near 40000 b per year in Thailand for simular plan..

in Canada its 1560CCAD per yearrolleyes.gif

A good job meaning how much?

In the USA for instance we are seeing many states increase minimum wage to US $15 an hour. That is US $600 a week or 21,00 thb a week or 84,000 thb per month.

That is minimum wage with no education or skill.

So if she has education and skill what can of income can she earn in Canada?

These might be answers that can persuade her to move.

Long term, the third world is not looking like a good choice.

Floods or droughts, politics, economy, you name it. Is anything in Thailand going in the right direction these days?

750 m Perrier 1.24CAD

Thailand

750ml its 80..

blink.png

OK

I fail to see what your problem is if you can afford good locations in Vancouver you should have no problem living in Thailand. What you are saying is you are well off and can afford every thing you have mentioned. It is the same now as when you came here why did you come?

So what does this have to do with this thread? I see nothing here relating to the thread. Off a bit are we not?

There's a clue in the first sentence.

You should have stopped there.

The only reason a Farong has lost a house here is because they were stupid.

True you can not own land but you can own a house sitting on land that you have a 30 year lease on.

There's a clue in the first sentence.

You should have stopped there.

The only reason a Farong has lost a house here is because they were stupid.

True you can not own land but you can own a house sitting on land that you have a 30 year lease on.

House without land is a set of secondhand materials.

Leasehold for 30 years its as RENT!!

So compare rent, not own house.biggrin.png

Live in Canada and find a Canadian GF/wife?

Possible, but it would be an ass thing to do.

The bigger issue is that I have nothing in common with a typical Canadian woman.

Not judging, but it is what it is.

Ummm.

You have less in common with women that grew up in the same environment you grew up in? With similar experiences, a common language and culture? Than someone raised in an Eastern culture?

I suspect the reality is that you have no attraction toward Canadian women that are available to you. Can't say I blame you.

Better to concede the truth than fool yourself and end up another trapped foreigner who chose his mate on an internal lie...

I'd recommend every western guy spend some time in Thailand (or SEA) before choosing a wife from the slim pickings available "back home" to guys that look like me. My life would look very different had I done it. I'd love to get back 1/4 of the time, effort, money and heartache I wasted pursuing the elusive babes back home.

But be honest about why. It ain't about "nothing in common". More like "no spark".

Not judging. It is what it is.

Okay.

First of all I am from Europe (call me a typical Euro trash), so your argument that I should somehow be immersed into Canadian culture and have a lot of things in common with a typical Canadian woman is wrong. I immigrated to Canada at 19.

But to put it simply. bars, hockey, office life and talking about work 24/7 simply does not interest me. This has nothing to do with the type of woman available to me as slim/fat/pretty/ugly woman would normally be the same all over Canada.

Yes, I am the problem. But it is what it is.

Europe? Like where exactly... we want the specifics man - what's your Nationality? Euro trash means you are of a very mixed European origin - not one ethnic group specifically. Albania is Europe for example, so is Norway... Istanbul is also in Europe btw That's a big stretch there wouldn't you agree?

Also what is that you don't have in common with the Canadian women that you do have in common with Thai women :)?

There's also this possibility that your girl might go after whatever else is available to her once she arrives in Canada, especially if she's good looking. She sounds like a decent girl, but you know, could you afford the same level of luxury in Canada as you have in Thailand - I mean the quality of food, accommodations, going to restaurants, and so on. A lot of women when they are not happy with the quality of life that a man can afford them start looking for any better options available around them. In Canada I imagine it would be very easy to find a guy who's single and very loaded. She might start getting ideas when she sees how easy it to is to pick up guys in Canada, for her it might be like moving to a Candy store - she can get as many guys as she likes when she likes and so on... She may not be like this from the start - but she can always change after she sees how completely spoiled all the girls around her are in Canada.

There's also this possibility that your girl might go after whatever else is available to her once she arrives in Canada, especially if she's good looking. She sounds like a decent girl, but you know, could you afford the same level of luxury in Canada as you have in Thailand - I mean the quality of food, accommodations, going to restaurants, and so on. A lot of women when they are not happy with the quality of life that a man can afford them start looking for any better options available around them. In Canada I imagine it would be very easy to find a guy who's single and very loaded. She might start getting ideas when she sees how easy it to is to pick up guys in Canada, for her it might be like moving to a Candy store - she can get as many guys as she likes when she likes and so on... She may not be like this from the start - but she can always change after she sees how completely spoiled all the girls around her are in Canada.

Trust me, I am aware of this scenario. Even my fat and penniless ex found a single loaded guy in Toronto.

She is not spoiled at all, she works here in an international company and does ok in general. She does not like going out and spending money. However, I am aware that in Canada hew views may change and then who knows.