Termite 'mounds'

brjh123

Yes go to your local firework shop and buy the biggest bangers you can get, then go to your local hardware shop and find a drill to match the diameter of your bangers.

Pop in to the 7/11 and buy some toothpicks. When your home drill holes in the mound and place the bangers in, I've found that drilling in a spiral upwards around the mound has the best effect. Gather up all the local children and give them a tooth pick each, light the bangers and watch the mound shatter to smithereens. Tell the toothpick kids that you'll give 50 bhat to the one that fills there toothpick up with live termites first.

When the winner comes with a full toothpick tell the kid he could of got a few more on and just give 20bhat, the kid will still be happy and no more termeits and a saving of 30 bhat.

Gather up all the local children and give them a tooth pick each, light the bangers and watch the mound shatter to smithereens. Tell the toothpick kids that you'll give 50 bhat to the one that fills there toothpick up with live termites first.

When the winner comes with a full toothpick tell the kid he could of got a few more on and just give 20bhat, the kid will still be happy and no more termeits and a saving of 30 bhat.

And I thought I was a cheap sh*t.

• Like 1

Gather up all the local children and give them a tooth pick each, light the bangers and watch the mound shatter to smithereens. Tell the toothpick kids that you'll give 50 bhat to the one that fills there toothpick up with live termites first.

And I thought I was a cheap sh*t.
The drills are expensive.

To expand on my earlier post.

There is a knack to removing them. I was shown it by an old railway ganger and removed 50 or more as a 12 year old/early teen.

Cut all around the base using an axe just where the mound meets the ground. You can then position crowbars to tip the mound over.

The area under the mound is a crumbly honeycomb of crunchy dirt and will require fill after the mound is removed.

We would then use sledgehammers to bust up the mound. The powdered mounds were then used like a poor mans concrete to make dirt tennis court and carport surfaces. It was a case of spreading it out, lightly watering it then rolling with a heavy roller.