Dogs in restaurants: on the table!

chingmai331

Imagine the uproar if one were to put his own shoes on the counter or a table. That would pretty much send all patrons running for the doors, never to return.

And these dog lovers think their dogs' feet are cleaner than the bottoms of my (or their own) shoes? Highly unlikely.

Edited by MrBrad
  • Like 2

Pet dog, not too big so he can stay under the table should be no problem to anybody. My dog always knew his place was under the table.

thanks for your input, so this already rules out the baby elephant and the danish dog and the big goat

When you see rats,thats when its time to complain,

these people with the little dogs are all trying to be

Paris Hilton,with a role model like that what can you

expect.

regards Worgeordie

with a role model like that I expect to see more sex tapes on the interweb biggrin.png

Dont bring pets to restaurants or for that matter any other public place.

Take your hat off at the table

Dont touch your cellphone at the table

Dont talk with your mouth full

Dont chew with your mouth open

Dont smack your gum

Wear shirts and shoes in public places

Say yes/no sir/mamm, thank you, please, excuse me

Listen to your elders

Dont let your children run around in public like yard apes

If your children pitch a fit, take them outside

and the pump don't work cause the vandals took the handle

• Like 1

Reminds me of an incident in Geneva. The lady who had invited us to dinner at a well-known restaurant on the lake turned up with her poodle. As we were studying the menu she ordered the poodle's dinner - " tenderloin stake chopped in small pieces and cooked gently (rough translation from French). The dog, with a napkin wrapped round his neck, was served before anyone else by the caring head waiter. The conversation too was naturally about the poodle. We were a bit surprised but it seemed nobody at the other tables showed any interest or concern. It probably happened quite frequently. Is this the height of civilization (according to one OP few days ago)?

Dogs, or any other pets shouldn't be on the table, but in my experience the benefit of having a dog that customers like and can interact with far outweighs the disadvantage of upsetting the odd customer that doesn't like animals or the odd hygiene freak. The use of the word 'odd' is intentional.

I think pets in restaurants should be allowed. In Switzerland, where I come from it is allowed.

Last time I was in England I spent a few days in the magnificent Yorkshire Dales. In some of the pubs I remarked to my sister that I was surprised that they served us. When she asked why, I said that we were the only pair that didn't have a dog. My impression was that bringing a dog to the pub was compulsory!

Dogs are not allowed in restaurants and shouldn't be. At home chasing the cats is his job. not sitting on restaurant tables.

Where aren't they allowed in restaurants? We're talking about Chiang Mai here. I might be wrong, but I think it is at the discretion of the owner in most restaurants, in most countries. As has been pointed out, if a guide dog is deemed to be hygienically acceptable, why would other dogs be banned?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/pets-health/9583690/Pet-subjects-What-is-the-law-on-allowing-dogs-in-bars-restaurants-and-shops.html

I wonder what the law is on ferrets..... Any Yorkshiremen out there?

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

If you think dogs on the table is bad, you should go and look at the kitchen where your food is stored and cooked. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-

While you're there, observe the "chef" exit the toilet and proceed directly to grab your steak off the tray where it's been sitting amongst the fish and prawns for a few hours and throw it in the pan after scaring off the flies and the cat that were having a free appetizer.

The dog will be the least of your worries.

Anytime your ready please start a forum thread outlining all the restaurants you know of with these atrocious sanitary habits so others can add on to it. SOS

"The first time i thought, 'oops a one-off'. Now i've seen small dogs perched up on the restaurant table twice, both being cuddled and pampered by the young women dog owners. The restaurant staff not seeming to care"

Next time point at the dog and say in a loud voice: " How much for the dog? It would go well with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!"

Every restaurant should have a sign on the door, pets welcome or pets not welcome, and everyone abides by those rules.

I will spend my money in the pets not welcome establishments. Nothing against your animals, but I don't want them around my food.

• Like 2

Every restaurant should have a sign on the door, pets welcome or pets not welcome, and everyone abides by those rules.

I will spend my money in the pets not welcome establishments. Nothing against your animals, but I don't want them around my food.

Everyone should abide by rules? Where? Here? That's a good one. Keep them coming.

I apologise, but somehow I fail to understand why a dog for a blind person is okay in a restaurant whereas if its owned by anyone else it becomes a health hazard. If you don't like dogs in restaurants then why would you share it with a dog for the blind? It has to be as unsanitary as any other dog. Not that I think that dogs constitute a health risk. However I would not frequent a restaurant that allows dogs on the table, just my call. I'm sure if the table was washed down afterwards if would be cleaner than many tables that I sit at.

I apologise, but somehow I fail to understand why a dog for a blind person is okay in a restaurant whereas if its owned by anyone else it becomes a health hazard. If you don't like dogs in restaurants then why would you share it with a dog for the blind? It has to be as unsanitary as any other dog. Not that I think that dogs constitute a health risk. However I would not frequent a restaurant that allows dogs on the table, just my call. I'm sure if the table was washed down afterwards if would be cleaner than many tables that I sit at.

these are the exceptions on the rules. We need to be understanding in such cases. Julie, can you agree on this?