Looking for a few FBAR pointers (Muricans or US green card holders only)

I need to file FBAR this year, not happy.

Is there any form/s that needs to accompany this related to my 1040 filing?

I have joint acct with wife, what info will I need from her? She is non citizen, does not hold immigrant vusa, never held green card. Only B2 ten year.

Do I need address of branch or corporate office?

Anything else please advise. Thx

It must be done on-line. There are no extra forms required. Yes you will require full information on bank address as part of the reporting. I had ITIN and wife name/address as principle co-owner last year so expect that will be required if you filed as married (joint return) on 1040 - not sure what would be required otherwise.

You may have to use Adobe Reader to complete the filing process (alternatives did not allow signature last year).

It's not hard to submit now...you must submit online...no more mailing in a completed form.

Just go to this webpage, download the FBAR pdf document from the Prepare FBAR icon and complete it offline. When finished completing it, just click the Submit FBAR icon to upload the document. You no longer need a BSA User ID/password to do these individual FBAR submissions. You'll get a couple of email confirmations over the coming hours/days that it's been submitted/accepted...good to go for another year. On above webpage there are also form completion instructions, FAQs, etc, which covers your questions about the wife. It's really not hard at all.

You can save your filing for reference when you file next year.

Adobe version used in form can be downloaded from the government web site.

You can have a 3rd party file for you if you find the form is too challenging.

You can save your filing for reference when you file next year.

Adobe version used in form can be downloaded from the government web site.

You can have a 3rd party file for you if you find the form is too challenging.

Just be sure the form version has not changed as in the past FBAR forms have changed slightly.