Has anyone tried coconut oil from makro?

zeekgarcia

I have seen at Makro a Thep brand and a dok mai brand coconut oil in 13+ liter metal containers for 599 baht.

Has anyone used these coconut oil brands?

Which brand do you use and what are your thoughts about it?

What all have you used it for?

Thanks

*added ?'s to see how the oil is

Edited by draftvader

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes

Yes that is an answer. A friend of mine that lives here says it's all "considered organic" too.

Which brand do you use and what are your thoughts about it?

What all have you used the oil for?

Thanks

Haven't bought any yet but want to use it for "pulls" holding it in the mouth for good gum and teeth health. Very well documented. Also the only oils I use have been that and olive. The Olive is a bit pricey Bertolli's but fresh.

It's great for cooking and also great for the heart.

Please refrain from using different font sizes, colours or weights. This is rule #1 in Forum Netiquette.

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

If you equate this to the real world it is the same as raising your voice. Eventually, to be heard, everyone is shouting. Once people are shouting it becomes much easier to offend and we're onto the more serious forum rules. If we all keep our voices at the same level and speak in turn we'll keep Stevie Wonder happy and that is, as we'll all agree, a good thing.

Music is a world within itself
With a language we all understand
With an equal opportunity
For all to sing, dance and clap their hands

Stevie Wonder - Duke

• Like 1

Yes that is an answer. A friend of mine that lives here says it's all "considered organic" too.

Everything that is carbon based is organic.

But in the food industry "organic" is generally used as a marketing device to get people to spend more for the same food.

Everything that is carbon based is organic.

But in the food industry "organic" is generally used as a marketing device to get people to spend more for the same food.

I did not know that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes

Great for skin.
We use it for my daughter she gets a little eczema.

It is great for so much stuff. I used in on my skin, I drink a tiny bit most mornings along with my apple cider vinegar and I use it to condition my hair. It excels at all of them.

Yes good for you

As the op asks which brand of coconut oil did you buy and use from Makro? The Thep or dok mai brand?

Have you used it for cooking, baking? if so how was it?

Do you think it is a high quality pure coconut oil?

As the op asks which brand of coconut oil did you buy and use from Makro? The Thep or dok mai brand?

Have you used it for cooking, baking? if so how was it?

Do you think it is a high quality pure coconut oil?

Very good point. No I haven't bought mine from Makro. I tend not to go in there as I have much better options available locally (even though I have a local Makro). Any photos of the product?

I use Natural Happiness and would not use anything else. Once you’ve eaten bananas deep-fried in their extra virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil nothing else will do.

Great in salad dressings and for cooking French-fries for my kid as well.

• 1 month later...

Natural Happiness (from the Philippines I believe) looks like a very good brand, they are not all the same even when stated as "organic extra virgin"

we really like a Thai product by Thai Pure Coconut Co. - image below

organic-extra-virgin-coconut-oil.jpg

It is great for so much stuff. I used in on my skin, I drink a tiny bit most mornings along with my apple cider vinegar and I use it to condition my hair. It excels at all of them.

Crikey, you must smell like Bounty Bar, Drafty.