A sense of ownership.

sipi

I find it hilarious that either one of you think you have any control of what happens in Oz!! lol

Even funnier that the OP could even contemplate the prospect of Farangs voting in Thailand,

"foreign born citizens" are somewhere behind the family dog in the order of importance, so I doubt that voting rights would be a priority.

• Like 2

Sipi ol' mate...the right to vote is currently taken away from Thais though i doubt "foreign born citizens" has any rights either...sadly.

but on the other hand i would like to get treated in the same way as my wife gets treated in my home country:can work where i want,don't need to report,be part of medical health care... i don't need to vote here wouldn't know for whom anyway...

In the village come vote time they all get excited cause everyone gets money.

Funny thing is even the guy who no one's voting for gives them money!

Anyway you can vote in Thailand if you get Thai citizenship. Just like Australia.

• Like 1

Sipi ol' mate...the right to vote is currently taken away from Thais though i doubt "foreign born citizens" has any rights either...sadly.

but on the other hand i would like to get treated in the same way as my wife gets treated in my home country:can work where i want,don't need to report,be part of medical health care... i don't need to vote here wouldn't know for whom anyway...

Thanks CC for your sensible reply.

The title is "A sense of ownership". A feeling of "belonging". Not the actual ownership. That will never happen for us in Thailand.

But it can happen for Thai abroad.

Yes, it would do Thais good if the laws of immigration allowed eligible foreign born citizens to vote because they'd then have the perfect excuse for when everything goes tit's up... whitey's fault jing jing! But you and I both know that there is as much chance as non-Thais being allowed to have a say-so in how this place is run as there is in Mugabe committing harikari on live TV and saving the rest of the world the utter misery at watching the plick celebrate his centenary.

• Like 2

Thanks CC for your sensible reply.

The title is "A sense of ownership". A feeling of "belonging". Not the actual ownership. That will never happen for us in Thailand.

But it can happen for Thai abroad.

in my Country after 3 years...but haven't been there since more than 5 years...

Its always exciting to do something for the first time. The best way to celebrate her new acquired citizenship is probably by voting. Who did she vote for lol?

She voted "Labour". We live in a safe "Liberal" seat, so her vote probably won't matter. But that is besides the point, she had the opportunity to express her feelings..

WE are Aliens,why would they give Aliens a vote.

Speak for yourself...........by the way witch planet you were born on?

I come from planet Earth and I would have liked to be able to vote in the country I live.

What would Greeks know about democracy?

Ok, You possibly invented it, and recently overthrew your government by election; but so what?

• Like 1

I come from planet Earth and I would have liked to be able to vote in the country I live.

as youre someone not too adept at english usage, its probably to be expected that you dont realize youre an alien

as youre someone not too adept at english usage, its probably to be expected that you dont realize youre an alien

Still young and learning.......read my posts in 30 years time.........you will notice the difference........

• Like 2

I do not think most Thais I know pay much attention to what is going on in their country.

Mai pen rai.

Maybe because they feel they do not have much influence.

There only concern at election time seems to be " who will pay the most for my vote".

My Thai wife, while living with me in America, became very interested in the US government system and elections.

She could not vote there, but we would always discuss and agree on how I would vote....for both of us.

P.S., she still follows U.S. politics on the news each night.

• Like 2

I find it hilarious that either one of you think you have any control of what happens in Oz!! lol

And I should also explain to my Thai wife that her registered Australian vote is irrelevant?

No matter which country offers her citizenship, she will forever live under a dictatorship???

Edited by sipi

I lived in Central America for a few year during voting time I got on a bus that stop at ever Bar bought drinks for everybody handed money and tee shirt out even thou I couldn't vote they gave me a tee shirt and money the one hour bus ride lasted about 6 hours and I got really drunk lol

AYJAYDEE. OK, so there are some mistakes in Costas's English, but he does well for a non English native speaker, and all his posts are easy to understand, you never seem to have anything decent to say about anyone.

I agree possum 1931.

I have no problem understanding Costa's English and value his input.

On the other hand, I understand AYJAYEE as well and tired of his negative input so much that I put him on ignore months ago.

• Like 2