Two homemade bombs explode in front of Siam Paragon

george

I agree with some of the posters, looks like a false flag to me. Whom does

this benefit ? Fairly easy to see. I have thought for years, that at some

point the Muslim bombers from the south in Thailand would move up to

Bangkok for bombing activities. If so, they could bring tourism in Thailand

to a virtual halt with one real bomb.......

Robert Amsterdam has been doing plenty of stirring up online and is always condemning Prayuth many accusations also , his remarks do not help thailand at all.

His remarks are never meant to help "Thailand", only the person who employs him. He's paid to put out a very biased, one-way story that favors the Shinawatra's interests, to further dissent and unrest, all neatly packaged up as "the truth".

So where would you look for the "truth" ? In all ultra censored local news ? They are 1000 times less free than during the elected Thaksin govt.

Just look at the Freedomhouse and Reporters without Borders statistics.

• Like 2

I agree with some of the posters, looks like a false flag to me. Whom does

this benefit ? Fairly easy to see. I have thought for years, that at some

point the Muslim bombers from the south in Thailand would move up to

Bangkok for bombing activities. If so, they could bring tourism in Thailand

to a virtual halt with one real bomb.......

And it is obvious from their actions in the South that they don't bother with fireworks.

Robert Amsterdam has been doing plenty of stirring up online and is always condemning Prayuth many accusations also , his remarks do not help thailand at all.

His remarks are never meant to help "Thailand", only the person who employs him. He's paid to put out a very biased, one-way story that favors the Shinawatra's interests, to further dissent and unrest, all neatly packaged up as "the truth".

Guy is a hero IMHO, saying what needs to be said.

Guy is a hero IMHO, saying what needs to be said.

Hero,555555.He'd be a "hero" if he stepped into Thailand and started sprouting off.Online hero,like the rest of us.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone else feels like I do; that this is a warning. I will not be visiting Siam Paragon or The Emporium or any other upmarket shopping mall for that matter....or the BTS......or the MRT....or...

What happened at the 10am show?

Where is the CCTV footage?

Will this be the new normal for 2015?

I have a wife and two children and random acts like this are scary. It will affect are travelling plans.

By looking at the photos online in the one we can't mention they have done quite a bit of damage trying to downplay it and say that they weren't meant to cause harm will not work.

Since when can't we mention the Bangkok Post?

It can be mentioned but the following rule must be followed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

looks like the military have a big job to do and it will take years at this rate to even think about elections

You think someone can plant 2 homemade bombs in front of paragon undetected and also detonate them without any injuries.

I am sure the junta is over the moon that it might take years to get around to election.

Typical comment from you. Fabrication type propaganda, still sower grapes because they are not having an election that would not favour anyone at this time.

I wonder where all the posters are today that said in this thread that they felt so much safer with no more violence since the happy chappy grabbed power.

You speak ridiculous, look at all the red explosions-violence, and this also could be their disruption. Compare this last 9 months to the last 3 years.

Think before you pewk out more anti Thai governance, There is governance now, it replaced the Yingluck NON governance.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago, at this same location, I lit up a smoke (not knowing it was smoke free area). By the time I took my first puff, 2 security guys rushed up to and told me No Smoking Here. Tho, I suppose, if I'd been wearing an army uniform the security may have let me puff away. Just saying......

Bangkok Post still haven't used the word 'bomb' and nothing has been updated for over 3 hours....news service? My arse.

Looking at the BP it seems they updated their report at 3am. This is 6 hours between updates on a hot story in the Capital. Perhaps they should use Twitter more effectively. They might find themselves better informed. Double.....news service? My arse. ( You're allowed to say that?)

Prayut condemns bomb explosions at Siam Paragon

2-2-2558-10-58-31-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha this morning condemned the two bomb explosions Sunday night at Siam Paragon saying the perpetrators had no care of the lives and properties of others.

He said he also advised security officials to investigate if the explosions had any links to certain groups of people who earlier came out to speak of violence.

He ordered security officials to hunt down these ill-intention people immediately and stressed the need to retain martial law in the country.

The prime minister’s statement was given before he would leave for a one-day visit to Nakhon Ratchasima Monday morning to meet local officials to discuss assistance to farmers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-condemns-bomb-explosions-siam-paragon

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-02

I wonder where all the posters are today that said in this thread that they felt so much safer with no more violence since the happy chappy grabbed power.

You speak ridiculous, look at all the red explosions-violence, and this also could be their disruption. Compare this last 9 months to the last 3 years.

Think before you pewk out more anti Thai governance, There is governance now, it replaced the Yingluck NON governance.

Lets wait and see what the next 9 months bring, the yesterday event is either a false flag ( high possibility), or a warning to general happiness.

• Like 1

homemade boms planted behind a power transformer with very little chance of injuries or deaths

has the army written all over it just as the red shirts were starting to make a little noise this happens, if this was related to down south people we would be looking at a bomb placed at the food court or directly in the BTS station at peak hours

• Like 2

You would assume this would be all over national headlines but, its not! Prime example of the military junta controlling media.

Only thing on news today was about the stupid "dead" cat. A mummified dog and a thai walking into a police station with a python around his wrist complaining to the BIB.

YEs sir folks the junta is attempting to control everything.

• Like 1

Sky train service is normal but security tightened

2-2-2558-10-49-49-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Sky train service operated as usual Monday morning but its Siam station's walkway which connects to Siam Paragon shopping mall is cordoned off by police and soldiers to facilitate Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police to inspect the scene for more evidence.

The two bombs were later confirmed by EOD police to be pipe bombs and set to go off with digital watch at 8.05 and 8.06 pm.

But EOD police said the two improvised explosive devices (IED) made with metal pipes and nails and had low pressure explosions.

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang said Sunday night the pipe bomb was 20 centimetres in length and 10 centimetre in diameter.

One was planted behind the advertisement board of Siam Paragon and close to the electric transformer and another 6.5 metres apart at the BMA Express Service.

The two explosives were set to go off 30 seconds apart, he said.

But the explosives were not intended on lives as they were low pressure explosives which were similar to the IEDs which the police had recovered and seized from a house in Minburi last year during the anti-government protests waged by the People’s Democracy Reform Committee.

He said the police did not rule out politics and terrorism but added he had ordered investigators to find out if the explosions were linked to politics.

He said he had also ordered stepped up security at populated areas such as shopping malls railway stations and bus terminals.

The two explosions caused damages to the steel wall of the BMA Express Service, glass panels and the advertisement board.

Meanwhile police sources said they detected two suspects wearing caps and in white shirts and jeans on a video footage of a surveillance camera in the area.

They were seen walking to the scene at 7.30 pm and walking away. But one was seen returning to the place holding an orange plastic bag. He picked out something and was acting like was pressing something which the police suspected he might set the watch to detonate the time bomb and put it back to the bag.

He remained sitting there for a while and walked away at 8.00 pm.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sky-train-service-normal-security-tightened

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-02

A couple of months ago, at this same location, I lit up a smoke (not knowing it was smoke free area). By the time I took my first puff, 2 security guys rushed up to and told me No Smoking Here. Tho, I suppose, if I'd been wearing an army uniform the security may have let me puff away. Just saying......

About 6 months ago I was walking past the same location. It was hot that day. Just saying......

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/01/us-thailand-bombs-idUSKBN0L51NF20150201

False Flag anyone?

The C.I.A. must have taught them something.

BTW, where is the CCTV footage?

whistling.gif

What better way to justify? Just make a couple of loud bangs and cry wolf! Something is fishy! Edited by phrisco17
  • Like 1