About to post my first 90 day report. What do I need to send?

About to post my first 90 day report to Kohn Kaen Immigration. What do I need to send with the form 47?

I assume at the least copies of my passport and my arrival / departure slip.

Do I need to get these witnessed etc or include anything else? Do I need to send them a paid return envelope?

My 90 day date is the 14th and I believe I can report anytime 15 days before this time. I'll send it registered and

follow up in a week to make sure they received it.

You need:

Your form 47

One copy of your passport, departure card and your last 90 day report receipt.

Sign every page of your copies

A stamped self addressed return envelope.

Send via EMS to your local immigration office - just a bit more than registered mail and you can trace it no need to call and be put on hold...

The whole procedure is simple and reliable I have been doing it for years.

• Like 1

"You need:

Your form 47

One copy of your passport, departure card and your last 90 day report receipt."

Should one send the last 90 day report receipt no matter when the date for that receipt is? I mean, if no reports were needed because of new entry stamps over an extended period, should the old last 90 day receipt still be sent?

Should one send the last 90 day report receipt no matter when the date for that receipt is? I mean, if no reports were needed because of new entry stamps over an extended period, should the old last 90 day receipt still be sent?

It would certainly be advisable, I think - at least that's what I do whenever I've not had to submit a 90-day report because I was out of the country on the due date. However, it would probably also be best if you highlighted all departure and re-entry stamps subsequent to your previous report in your passport copies, to underline the fact that your latest report is not overdue.

EDIT: have now seen ubonjoe's advice that this is not, in fact, necessary.

Edited by OJAS

I use EMS for send and return. 64 baht but worth it and traceable both ways.

It would cost me 800 baht in fuel to attend Immigration and get another 90 day report receipt if mine was lost in the post.

Due on 10/1.

Posted EMS 26/12.

Signed for 27/1

Then straight after the New Year break.

Posted by Imm 5/1

I signed for 6/1

Great service.

You can only do your report to the office where you got your extension of stay.

Hi Ubonjoe. I value your contributions always very much (usually spot-on and 100% correct), but here I have a little doubt.

Maybe this applies only to mailed-in reports?

My experience with reporting in person is that you can do it at any place where you happen to stay.

Last year I got my extension from Chaengwattana, but reported in Chiang Rai, Khorat and Imperial Ladprao BKK.

The last one can be observed as a sub-office of CW, so that would still be in accordance with your statement.

You can only do your report to the office where you got your extension of stay.

Hi Ubonjoe. I value your contributions always very much (usually spot-on and 100% correct), but here I have a little doubt.

Maybe this applies only to mailed-in reports?

My experience with reporting in person is that you can do it at any place where you happen to stay.

Last year I got my extension from Chaengwattana, but reported in Chiang Rai, Khorat and Imperial Ladprao BKK.

The last one can be observed as a sub-office of CW, so that would still be in accordance with your statement.

They was in repose to a question about mail in reports.

But it now applies for all reports. There are reports that immigration has changed the rules to where you can only do them where you got the extension. If you are traveling around the country you have to go home to do the report or mail it in.

Some offices have even refused them even if a new address has been registered after moving to an area.

If living in Bangkok you can still do them to Imperial World Lad Phrao or Major Hollywood Suksawat.

• Like 1

It all depends on the staff. I go to Phitsunluk for my visa. 90 day report by post. My last one was due 31 Dec 2014. I posted it of with a signed copy of my passport. That is all I have to send.

I had to get my wife to phone them as my new report slip had not arrived, the answer was no problem,give our number to who ever asksa and we will deal with it.

Today my 90 day report slip arrived with the date on it being 90 days from the 22nd Jan 2014. So laid back there never had a problem. Just depends on the office you report to and the attitude of the staff.