London's population hits 8.6m record high

webfact

neverdie Posted Today, 17:00

That's the second time you've quoted the same post both with nasty personal attacks.

Dr it ever dawn on you that not everyone would agree that sponson is the best city in the world. Sounds like you must not have travelled that much.

London is cold, wet, rainy, crowded, dirty, homeless peoplenurinate in the streets in the cbd..try walking around in dry hot weather there and you well smell it right around the CBD.

THERES plenty of nice other European cities, Anerican. Asian, Australian cities that run rings around London.

I'm not just slagging it off hecause whilst it might bea those things I mentioned it also is interesting with beautiful historic building, sights, gardens and so forth but it's far far far from the best.

So as to ur first attack, the answer is no,bIm not bored and 2 the only thing I find bitter is when some insignificant little belligerent twerp gets all uptight and starts calling someone names just because the disagree with something.

I could easily name 50 cities I'd put above London, you disagree.....build a bridge wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA8eASoOck

You want to go out on a limb and call something the BEST, then can bet someone will disagree. And yes I spent time in London.

You have obviously not travelled much if you don't realise that sponson is the best city in the world. Surely everyone knows that.

Bitter old man.

That's the second time you've quoted the same post both with nasty personal attacks.

Dr it ever dawn on you that not everyone would agree that sponson is the best city in the world. Sounds like you must not have travelled that much.

London is cold, wet, rainy, crowded, dirty, homeless peoplenurinate in the streets in the cbd..try walking around in dry hot weather there and you well smell it right around the CBD.

THERES plenty of nice other European cities, Anerican. Asian, Australian cities that run rings around London.

I'm not just slagging it off hecause whilst it might bea those things I mentioned it also is interesting with beautiful historic building, sights, gardens and so forth but it's far far far from the best.

So as to ur first attack, the answer is no,bIm not bored and 2 the only thing I find bitter is when some insignificant little belligerent twerp gets all uptight and starts calling someone names just because the disagree with something.

I could easily name 50 cities I'd put above London, you disagree.....build a bridge wink.png

You want to go out on a limb and call something the BEST, then can bet someone will disagree. And yes I spent time in London.

As a Londoner I could put up with a nice apartment overlooking one of the canals in Amsterdam and would happily live in Hong Kong or even New York. However, nowhere runs rings around London as far as culture is concerned and if you can come up with an alternative to the BFI and the BM please do let me know. PS I don't want a 'nice' city, I want an interesting city. And please save me from your silly comments about London streets or I'll invite you to use one of those nice portable pissoirs one of which is just off Shaftesbury Avenue. Spent time in London? Maybe it was a not very nice experience in some damp bedsit out in the suburbs. Still cut up about it then?

• Like 1

Bitter old man.

I could easily name 50 cities I'd put above London, you disagree.....build a bridge wink.png

As a Londoner I could put up with a nice apartment overlooking one of the canals in Amsterdam and would happily live in Hong Kong or even New York. However, nowhere runs rings around London as far as culture is concerned and if you can come up with an alternative to the BFI and the BM please do let me know. PS I don't want a 'nice' city, I want an interesting city. And please save me from your silly comments about London streets or I'll invite you to use one of those nice portable pissoirs one of which is just off Shaftesbury Avenue. Spent time in London? Maybe it was a not very nice experience in some damp bedsit out in the suburbs. Still cut up about it then?

I mean all that said I only ever got to live in the 51tty parts.

If you're a Londoner with money working in a nice environment I guess that gives a person a completely different perspective to one who lives on a remediation site in a box.

Still prefer Devon though. Ain't budging. Another poster on here knows what I'm rambling about. It's an issue right now.

When choosing a "best" city surely one has to consider weather. London has lots of that, LOL.

of course they do.

But then, where in Europe doesn't have a crap winter, even the places interspersed with snow have wind and rain.

Where is better than a warm British summer day? It is what anyone makes of it.

Sure as hell, in reality, Thai weather, if one is living and working there in a proper capacity is horrendous.

I am learning to relove British weather. Snow today, clearing up, crisp and clean, great day to be outdoors. Nice dinner and few beers. Cold and crisp day. Surely wont be missing the 35c plus trek to the sky train in a suit and tie.....

• Like 1

When choosing a "best" city surely one has to consider weather. London has lots of that, LOL.

of course they do.

But then, where in Europe doesn't have a crap winter, even the places interspersed with snow have wind and rain.

Sure as hell, in reality, Thai weather, if one is living and working there in a proper capacity is horrendous.

I am learning to relove British weather. Snow today, clearing up, crisp and clean, great day to be outdoors. Nice dinner and few beers. Cold and crisp day. Surely wont be missing the 35c plus trek to the sky train in a suit and tie.....

Yeah but Devon's still better. tongue.png

^^ Thanks for making my case that you are a bitter old man.

Print out your posting history when you get a chance - and ask yourself if I'm wrong.

I'm probably younger than u u miserable sod.

Lol.

I never said I was bored of London I happily accept it has many interesting aspects, I even listed some.....but the best, to your displeasure I say NOT SO.

You seem very bitter.....get out and see some other parts of the world which you probably can't afford, sad to be you.

I can think of 5 American cities that run rings around London. Everyone has a different ideas, it's funny mine are so upsetting for you.

As far as beauty goes, Sydney leaves London for dead.

I haven't even mentioned the skungy English eho don't bathe regularly or those scary Brit chicks that run around the London streets at night haunting anything that catches an eyeful.

What about the weather. ...... Terrible.

Sad to be you ;)

• Like 1

^^ Thanks for making my case that you are a bitter old man.

Print out your posting history when you get a chance - and ask yourself if I'm wrong.

I'm probably younger than u u miserable sod.

Lol.

I never said I was bored of London I happily accept it has many interesting aspects, I even listed some.....but the best, to your displeasure I say NOT SO.

You seem very bitter.....get out and see some other parts of the world which you probably can't afford, sad to be you.

I can think of 5 American cities that run rings around London. Everyone has a different ideas, it's funny mine are so upsetting for you.

As far as beauty goes, Sydney leaves London for dead.

I haven't even mentioned the skungy English eho don't bathe regularly or those scary Brit chicks that run around the London streets at night haunting anything that catches an eyeful.

What about the weather. ...... Terrible.

Sad to be you wink.png

I'm under 50 - as if that makes any difference,

I agree that Sydney is a beautiful city - Sydney Harbour on any sunny day looks like a film set. Hyde Park is decent enough, as are the Botanical Gardens, Outside of that it's well over-rated, and well over-priced. It's a bit hilarious you think it''s on a par with London.

I'm delighted and over the moon to be me - thanks for your pitiful concern.

Edited by phrodan

Sydney looks nice in pictures but in my opinion having spent some time there it is like all Australian cities pretty soulless.

When you walk the streets of London Paris or Rome the streets and buildings ooze history and there is a great feeling of vibrancy.

I lived in Perth in Western Australia which has a great climate and wonderful beaches but totally lacks soul.

The most remote major city on the planet you might as well be on the moon.

If I had to nominate a place that comes anywhere near London in the USA it would be San. Francisco.

Walking out of the Blind Beggar in Whitechapel the Krays would not recognise that part of London if they were around now.

They just had Maltese then to deal with...........whistling.gif

Now there is the Finsbury Park Mosque who's alumni include a 9/11 terrorist,Richard Read the shoe bomber

and Captain Hook otherwise known as Abu Hamza plus lots of others.

Given a choice I would prefer to try my luck with the Krays and their cronies.

• Like 1

If the Krays could walk out of a pub in Whitechapel and see Finsbury Park mosque, they had bloody good eyesight.

Poetic licence. In Whitechapel of course leaving the Blind Beggar the nearest on the other side of the road is the East London mosque.

Edited by Jay Sata

of course they do.

I lived in London and didn't really take to the weather that well, I don't mind cold I guess, though it isn't my favourite, but what I do not like is the darkeness of winter nor the overcast skies.

Living in BKK people say to me the weather must be lovely. Sure it can be, but for large stretches of the year it can be pretty bloody overcast and you spend as much time inside as you do in the UK, if not more. And yes, there is nothing better than a warm British summers day, mostly cause there aren't that many...and that is coming from someone who adores 35 degree australian summers days.

Having said that, BKK works for me now and we moved back from the UK when my wife got pregnant. Love london to visit but it would be hard yakka raising a family there.

Bitter old man.

I mean all that said I only ever got to live in the 51tty parts.

If you're a Londoner with money working in a nice environment I guess that gives a person a completely different perspective to one who lives on a remediation site in a box.

Still prefer Devon though. Ain't budging. Another poster on here knows what I'm rambling about. It's an issue right now.

Don't disagree with you re the awful parts (and there are a lot of them). I'm extremely fortunate to have a place in a very nice part of town..which reminds me of a joke for the cognoscenti amongst us : Question: What do you call a man who lives outside of London? Answer: Zone 2.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1