2 French nationals arrested for ATM skimming in Pattaya

webfact

2 French Men Arrested For ATM Skimming in Pattaya
By Khaosod English

14228768581422876937l.jpg
The skimming device allegedly used by 2 French men to steal information from the ATM cards of foreign tourists in Pattaya.

CHONBURI — Police say they have arrested two French men who allegedly stole data from foreign tourists' ATM cards in Pattaya.

Police identify the suspects as Bassem, 35, and Hamin, 29. They were reportedly arrested with eight fake ATM cards and one “skimming” device.

According to Pol.Col. Prachaya Prasarnsuk, deputy commander of Chonburi police, the two men preyed on elderly foreign tourists in Pattaya by pretending to assist them when they withdrew cash from ATMs.

Pol.Col. Prachaya said one of the suspects would place a skimming device inside the ATM, while the other would look at the PIN number the victims typed on the machine.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422876858&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-03

According to Pol.Col. Prachaya Prasarnsuk, deputy commander of Chonburi police, the two men preyed on elderly foreign tourists in Pattaya by pretending to assist them when they withdrew cash from ATMs.

Seriously, if you're that old you might like to consider the state-sponsored healthcare back in your home country - Chuck Norris is about 110 and he would have kicked their <deleted> eight ways from Sunday. Bassem and Hamin, it might be time to think seriously about a career change - it would seem that the BiB do show some interest in activity around ATMs. They cant find Thailand's most infamous 'fugitive' - a confirmed cop killer - but they dont seem to waste any time getting ATM skimmers back to the station for a photo op.

• Like 2

Seriously, if you're that old you might like to consider the state-sponsored healthcare back in your home country - Chuck Norris is about 110 and he would have kicked their <deleted> eight ways from Sunday. Bassem and Hamin, it might be time to think seriously about a career change - it would seem that the BiB do show some interest in activity around ATMs. They cant find Thailand's most infamous 'fugitive' - a confirmed cop killer - but they dont seem to waste any time getting ATM skimmers back to the station for a photo op.

Totally agree - accept I think the BiB know exactly where Thailand's biggest most serious fugitives from justice reside. They simply don't want to do anything about it. The "top 2" certainly don't do much to hide. One seemingly tries to keep a very low profile whilst the other does and doesn't dependent on what suits him.

Sacre Bleu!

I have no idea what that means, it just sounds cool to say when I hear about French things - even though these two are about as French as "Ali Baba & His Band of 40 Thieves".

I spent 10 years in the Middle East (Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Jordan, Qatar, Oman etc). I wonder why I never, ever heard of a Kuwaiti named Jones, Smith, Rodriquez or LeBlanc?

I did meet one, mind you only one, Lebanese guy with the first name of Michelle which was a throw-back to French colonization I'm sure.

• Like 2

Those morons are just holding a French passport alas but they are nothing French.

Au contraire, all part of the new face of France...

Personally, I believe the laws of their faith should be applied... If caught stealing, lop off a hand...

I second this motion!!! Lop the hand or a head off!!!

• Like 1

"Pol.Col. Prachaya said one of the suspects would place a skimming device inside the ATM, while the other would look at the PIN number the victims typed on the machine."

The device is rather large.

How do you hide such a thing INSIDE an ATM?

How can you even open one? And without anyone noticing?.

All looks impossible to me.

French, Dutch, Brit, Us or from somewhere else doesn't matter.

Criminals are in every country. It's only bad that they do it outside their home place.

Sometimes, when I read such news or see how tourists or expats act, I shame to be a Farang.

• Like 1

Never heard once that an ATM skimmer was actually sentence to prison. We have weekly news of those arrests but I wonder if they actually go to jail or share their ill gotten money.

Wonder how many of the 'skimmer' machines are destroyed ?

Pol.Col. Prachaya said one of the suspects would place a skimming device inside the ATM, while the other would look at the PIN number the victims typed on the machine.

Got to be a load of French Crap(aud).

Litterally (very) translated as toadshit.

That device can never have been inserted inside an ATM. those types of skimmer are wafer thin.

But, as one of the suspects " assisted" elderly tourists, this could be a hand held card reader that they used to "skim' the cards and then return them to the tourist, plus kibitzing on the pin entries.