90 day report at Jomtien

I am due to do a 90 day report at Jomtien on or before 23rd February. Previously I used to report at Patong and it was very straightforward.

Does Jomtien require any extra documentation such as a rental contract from my landlord to prove where I live?

I realise that Jomtien is very busy so will get there for 0800.

Unless you change you address you may not be able to report there. From reports immigration has new rules that say you must report where your extension was done. Some offices are interpreting the rule to mean you have to report there until you do an extension at the new office.

If you are traveling around the country now you have to go home to report or do it by mail.

I suggest you take some proof of residence with you when you go to report.

thanks for the replies. I am currently on a new Non-B visa issued at Chamchuri Square and this is the first report on that visa. The old visa was cancelled along with the associated WP correctly at Phuket.

I am currently renting a room month to month until I find a decent place with a kitchen and oven so don't any contract.

Joe, this is all very confusing. You say, "From reports ...". But what reports? Official, anecdotal? I was at the Jomtien office a few days ago and saw no signs or notices about any changes. Nor have I heard or read anything. You're right that OP should play it safe and take some proof of residence. But how is this possible if you're on a longish trip away from home? I was also of the opinion that the ID had moved to make 90 day reporting a little more easy, not more difficult. (yeah, I know - silly comment :) )

Last thing we need is more complication. Cheers.

Joe, this is all very confusing. You say, "From reports ...". But what reports? Official, anecdotal? I was at the Jomtien office a few days ago and saw no signs or notices about any changes. Nor have I heard or read anything. You're right that OP should play it safe and take some proof of residence. But how is this possible if you're on a longish trip away from home? I was also of the opinion that the ID had moved to make 90 day reporting a little more easy, not more difficult. (yeah, I know - silly comment smile.png )

Last thing we need is more complication. Cheers.

There have been reports of several immigration offices invoking the new rule. But the rule has not been made public by immigration.

All have been from somebody not being able to do a report and being told it had to be done at the immigration office where their extension was done.