Prayut bets with life to stop attempts to create rift in the country

webfact

Referenes to Mao, Lenin or even Hitler are ridiculous. Why not mention the French revolution? Apart from the actions of Hitler, the other revolutions came about from mass oppression. In terms of Nazi style action the US should hang its head in shame starting with the near genocide of American Indians, slavery and human rights until this very day ! Those who like to distract attention sby pointing fingers should be careful that the same finger does not end up where the sun don't shine !

Didn´t the French revolution involve violence instituted my the masses of down trodden people and end up in a democratic overthrow of the then military government ruled by the monarchy?

Just checking...

Maybe they should have had a coup cheesy.gif

Ok. And yet in reference to comments made about regimes elswhere that have expressed derogative issues with what is happening here there have been aggressive rebukes and denials. BS ! Hypocrasy? Your last line says a lot. "Not for the time being". But I can believe there are those who sweat daily for what may be dug up at a later tme. Most seem to have missed the early signal. "Clean up your act or we will do it for you". Prayut may not have a squeaky clean history by association but what is important now is not historical innuendo and accusation made mostly to discredit. He has taken on a task of accelerated constitutional reform...with puplic submissions from those who have the initiative left. The prevous constition was weighted in favour of an incumbent Govt. Under the scrutiny of international observation but in refusal of interference Prayut is attempting a true reform intended to introduce true electoral democracy. Those with vested interests naturally want to undermine that.

You didn't even read the article did you?

Well, here's another from a poster above;

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

View it as another primer.

Go away and do some research.

Learn about: Meet the new Boss. Same as the old Boss.

It's gang warfare.

You idealism is charming.

facepalm.gif

And, perhaps rethink your screen name.

Just a suggestion...

Edited by iReason

The aim of the Shins was to eliminate the voting power of the majority of Thais by indebting/owning them. The tool of democracy was manipulated by legislative advantage. THAT Regime was a REGIME .. not a Government.. Democracy was negated.

The imbalance in Thailand has become too extreme to allow it to climb. It creates the dangers of resentment and retaliation. AS the date of the open door policy of the Asian Economic Group approaches more and more Thai are beginning to understand the impact. It will possibly be a great thing for big business in Thailand but for the average Thai a possible disaster. The gambit of corrupt / action possibility/probably also will become a problem. Displacement of Thais for non Thais at a cheaper cost etc.

I agree with Pepper Me and Costas2008. I think that PM Prayut has been doing a decent job

of trying to get Thailand to change from the corruption that was present during the time of

Yingluck and Thaksin's time in office. The Democracy of Thailand was purchased in the past

with voters getting paid to vote for someone. That only served to continue

the corruption of the past.

I believe that Prayut is also loyal to the Royal family and King, and that much better than Thaksin was,

and likely Yingluck as well.

There will always be those who think the way this present PM got into power is not right, but

the political democratic votes, were more paid off votes and corrupt votes, when you really look

at how Thailand was ran the past few years.

I just hope that the Police and Military stay loyal to Thailand and will be less corrupt as well.

As a tourist, I am ever hopeful that I can enjoy my visits to Thailand and can be there

with as little red tape as possible, as little hassle from police and touts etc., and have a great vacation.

Peace to All!

post-217497-0-61584700-1422985901_thumb.

Ok. And yet in reference to comments made about regimes elswhere that have expressed derogative issues with what is happening here there have been aggressive rebukes and denials. BS ! Hypocrasy? Your last line says a lot. "Not for the time being". But I can believe there are those who sweat daily for what may be dug up at a later tme. Most seem to have missed the early signal. "Clean up your act or we will do it for you". Prayut may not have a squeaky clean history by association but what is important now is not historical innuendo and accusation made mostly to discredit. He has taken on a task of accelerated constitutional reform...with puplic submissions from those who have the initiative left. The prevous constition was weighted in favour of an incumbent Govt. Under the scrutiny of international observation but in refusal of interference Prayut is attempting a true reform intended to introduce true electoral democracy. Those with vested interests naturally want to undermine that.

You didn't even read the article did you?

Well, here's another from a poster above;

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

View it as another primer.

Go away and do some research.

Learn about: Meet the new Boss. Same as the old Boss.

It's gang warfare.

You idealism is charming.

facepalm.gif

And, perhaps rethink your screen name.

Just a suggestion...

Idealism? Ok, my screen name is a misleader. But thats suitable here. As to do research? From sources like your own. ? Sooooory. I have my own.

drive up the country to wealth because there are many greedy politicians that need to accumulate massive bank accounts for themselves and families and farmers can help make sure that the wealth is spread out equally and that one day every Thai can buy himself a English premier league football club, not just the few Thai Elite.

I didn't read the

7 pages of posts, just enough to see that the Prayuth fan club is out in force.

Some people just love authoritarian government, complete with martial law and repression of basic liberties. There's no point in reminding them of the corruption in the military, the past failures of military governments in Thailand and the rest of the world, the CDC's drafting of the most undemocratic constitution they think they can force on the Thia people, the fact that the only "good job" the general has done is repression, and all the other crap. These people love the d****tor to much to see any flaws.

Would you welcome a list of a list of the repressive acts of the self proclaimed number one democratic nation? But described as defensive actions in the interest of global stability! Including genocide ! Spare me !

Boy he's really changed his tune it seems. Don't think he would have said right after May 22, "Well, now that we have gotten out of the democracy trap we can go ahead and create a nice happy unified country."

Oh well, I think it is pretty clear now what the little change over was all about last May. Not that letting the Thaksins gut the democracy out of Thai democracy via scams and legislation would have been much different or even better imho.

All pretty sad. I wish the rest of the world knew or understood or even cared. But the way things are everywhere these days...still I always hoped Thailand could be a place that was different, and of course it is not.

"I will never betray my country" - then what do you call a coup?

"You are a patriot, and a man of honour."

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants – who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Interesting. What evidence do you have of his being "directed" by someone?

I didn't read the

7 pages of posts, just enough to see that the Prayuth fan club is out in force.

Some people just love authoritarian government, complete with martial law and repression of basic liberties. There's no point in reminding them of the corruption in the military, the past failures of military governments in Thailand and the rest of the world, the CDC's drafting of the most undemocratic constitution they think they can force on the Thia people, the fact that the only "good job" the general has done is repression, and all the other crap. These people love the d****tor to much to see any flaws.

Would you welcome a list of a list of the repressive acts of the self proclaimed number one democratic nation? But described as defensive actions in the interest of global stability! Including genocide ! Spare me !

Are you referring to the Yingluck government toppled in the coup? Did it suspend the constitution, disband all democratic institutions, cancel elections and ban calls for new elections, impose martial law and a nationwide curfew, detain people incommunicado without charge, ban political gatherings of more than four people, censor the press, etc?

Edited by heybruce

Warmly welcomed by the farmers ?

i suppose all his military and police minders might have just helped with that and the thought that even the slightest, even innocuous, sign of being less than happy would result in attitude adjustment.

At least the farmers are no longer hanging themselves
Apparently they they still are but not being reported here on Thai Visa. Reported on Thai news that 12 have committed suicide in the last two weeks, one even tried murder suicide on his family but botched his own life. All being blamed on the drought.
  • Like 1

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants – who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Well we have seen your so called elected Government and the mess of corruption that transpired,that's why the Coup was necessary!

That is why, I admire you Prime Minister.

You are a patriot, and a man of honour.

I believe that at the end you will succeed with your aspirations.

Thailand will be a better country with you, in charge.thumbsup.gif

love is so blind.
  • Like 2

You must be joking Sir..cheesy.gif Are you praising a person who says this or are you being sarcastic?> He said he decided to come into power to drive the country forward, and not to let it fall into “democracy trap” any further, with promise to restore a good government with good governance and integrity."< Anyone that calls democracy a trap is to be watched very closely. Are we doomed to live here under Military Law indefinitely? I will give it to 2016 and that will be it for me.

love is so blind.

and so is sarcasm if Costas2008 is using it hopefully.

Well we have seen your so called elected Government and the mess of corruption that transpired,that's why the Coup was necessary!

Necessary??? Wow who or what misdirected you?

Referenes to Mao, Lenin or even Hitler are ridiculous. Why not mention the French revolution? Apart from the actions of Hitler, the other revolutions came about from mass oppression. In terms of Nazi style action the US should hang its head in shame starting with the near genocide of American Indians, slavery and human rights until this very day ! Those who like to distract attention sby pointing fingers should be careful that the same finger does not end up where the sun don't shine !

Didn´t the French revolution involve violence instituted my the masses of down trodden people and end up in a democratic overthrow of the then military government ruled by the monarchy?

Just checking...

Maybe they should have had a coup cheesy.gif

Wait for the movie as the script is still being written.

So who would you like to see running Thailand The Thaksinista mob of crooks? so don't say the PTP, that corrupt disaster has been tried to extinction already!

So who would you like to see running Thailand The Thaksinista mob of crooks? so don't say the PTP, that corrupt disaster has been tried to extinction already!

Coups are never necessary. Democracy is the way to go in the civilized world but then again 3rd world is third world is third world.

• Like 2

You must be joking Sir..cheesy.gif Are you praising a person who says this or are you being sarcastic?> He said he decided to come into power to drive the country forward, and not to let it fall into “democracy trap” any further, with promise to restore a good government with good governance and integrity."< Anyone that calls democracy a trap is to be watched very closely. Are we doomed to live here under Military Law indefinitely? I will give it to 2016 and that will be it for me.

The Democracy trap is selling your vote and pretending you are a supporter of Democracy,and let's hope Military law will be lifted sooner rather than later! but I doubt it,drastic remedies,call for drastic decisions! and the Prime Minister knows Thai people better than you or I,and knows the decisions he needs to make.And I don't think Expats are included in the equation!

Sleep well!

• Like 1

that is why, I admire you Costas

you are a FARANG, and a Greek moron

I believe that at the end GREECE will go bankrupt with your absence

Greece will be a better country without you and you can PRETEND you are a pseudo Thai in your Right Wing Paradise! (enjoy it while you can)

that, dear Greek, will be your Tragedy

Did you just say right wing and Greek in the same sentence?

I enjoy Costas' banter.

Half the time I agree with him & half the time I don't. I never attacked the guy though.

I'm a Libertarian, Right Wing, Gun Slinging Redneck from Georgia, and the Greeks, my friend, are not right wingers.

They do have some smoking hot women though, when young.

Thought I was going to break my neck looking and leering as I made way thru the Athens airport once.

A couple days later I saw a pack of old crones having lunch & it reminded me of the wives on Goodfellas. SCARY!!!!

Leave Costas alone. He's a nice guy....Probably wears a toga & is therefore quite philosophical. biggrin.png

@Costas....Love ya Buddy!

• Like 1