Prayut bets with life to stop attempts to create rift in the country

webfact

The old "democracy trap" eh....... So basically, Prayuth is no big fan of democracy in Thailand.

He is probably right. 81 years and 19 coups, I think democracy will never work here either.

I wasn't sure what he meant by that. I hope that......

Thailand was in a democracy trap,and heading nowhere.

And not.....

He is, as you say, no fan of democracy, despite some fairly successful countries giving it a try.

• Like 2

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed as well as the replies:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

That is why, I admire you Prime Minister.

You are a patriot, and a man of honour.

I believe that at the end you will succeed with your aspirations.

Thailand will be a better country with you, in charge.thumbsup.gif

typical! ends justify means. hitler claimed he was working for the good of his country too

• Like 1

it is not that difficult for families to accumulate wealth in a developing country over the span of a few decades - buying up some cheap land in places like pattaya in the early days which would now be worth a small fortune - I don't find anything unusual about this at all, I can think of many things I should have done years ago and didn't, I have friends that did and are now quite wealthy

It's actually quite difficult to accumulate tens of millions of dollars on speculatory investments, hence why there are so few multi millionaires. There do however seem to be quite a few successful "speculatory investors" within the high ranking officials of Thailand. Obviously nothing unusual about that!

Another interesting twist on the whole land deal wealth is who bought the land. The very same billionaire who was at the center of a scandal after receiving help securing their beverage monopoly and having their taxes lowered by another former premier. For some people the help just never stops.

Ok. And yet in reference to comments made about regimes elswhere that have expressed derogative issues with what is happening here there have been aggressive rebukes and denials. BS ! Hypocrasy? Your last line says a lot. "Not for the time being". But I can believe there are those who sweat daily for what may be dug up at a later tme. Most seem to have missed the early signal. "Clean up your act or we will do it for you". Prayut may not have a squeaky clean history by association but what is important now is not historical innuendo and accusation made mostly to discredit. He has taken on a task of accelerated constitutional reform...with puplic submissions from those who have the initiative left. The prevous constition was weighted in favour of an incumbent Govt. Under the scrutiny of international observation but in refusal of interference Prayut is attempting a true reform intended to introduce true electoral democracy. Those with vested interests naturally want to undermine that.

As there is no opposition in Thailand everything you said is patently nonsense. how can you create a constitution without consensus?

The First Constitution of the USA was written by consensus???? lmaoooooooooooo

There was at least an opposition and debate. It also took several years......

One concept that seems a little alien to Thais is that rooting out corruption is a pretty easy task - you just follow the money and reason whether the individual would likely have the assets given his position. Actually my statement is not true because Thailand has a law relating to just that scenario. The question then becomes why is it never used to follow up on local and national politicians, senators, police, judges and military servicemen? I wonder why?

"I will never betray my country" - then what do you call a coup?

"You are a patriot, and a man of honour."

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants – who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Well we have seen your so called elected Government and the mess of corruption that transpired,that's why the Coup was necessary!

Necessary??? Wow who or what misdirected you?

So who would you like to see running Thailand The Thaksinista mob of crooks? so don't say the PTP, that corrupt disaster has been tried to extinction already!

I´ve said this before, if your children are fighting, do you interfere or let them sort it out themselves? Interfering and forcing a compromise makes no one happy and the frustration just grows and festers with time. As for people getting paid for votes, they rep what they got paid for sooner (or more likely) later they will wake up.

Do you not at least consider the reason democracy hasn´t worked is because of the constant interference?

All of our countries had revolutions / uprisings, but we settled it ourselves.

• Like 1

Well we have seen your so called elected Government and the mess of corruption that transpired,that's why the Coup was necessary!

Necessary??? Wow who or what misdirected you?

So who would you like to see running Thailand The Thaksinista mob of crooks? so don't say the PTP, that corrupt disaster has been tried to extinction already!

Plenty of well educated people who could make a good P.M. Unfortunately Thai politics is an exclusive club for the rich elite on both sides. Politics needs to be given back to the people and make it open to all. Australia has had poor train drivers, teachers etc rise to the highest office because it is not a private exclusive club.

I agree.

Unfortunately the masses here lack the education and I wonder who is responsible for that and what is going to be done about it?

This from a man who said, “Teachers assign difficult homework to students. The other day, I had a look at homework of a por neung student (first-year elementary school). I must say that I didn’t even know how to do it. Homework is too difficult for students.”

Hmmmmmm . . .

For the reference, Google the following: pm prayuth homework is too difficult for me

(pm prayuth I am a stupid git works, too)

Edited by quandow
  • Like 1

I actually believe him and have believed in him from the start

Those that question his integrity sincerity and his motivation need to take a long hard look at themselves

The task he faces is not easy as there are so many people that will lose their rich corrupt incomes or at least not find it so easy going forward to do the same - Thailand has been in need of a stiff unforgiving environment for those that have found it easy to pillage and corrupt the people for so many years, they are the only voices that will be heard opposing such changes - I believe Prayuth Chan O Cha will prevail

Those people you talk of are the ones who do not want to share power and were so freaked out when the common working people gained power. Thus the coup.

• Like 1

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants – who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Interesting. What evidence do you have of his being "directed" by someone?

Hmmm. None I guess. Yeah, that's what I thought... coffee1.gif

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Certainly none that wouldn't result in an immediate ban from Thaivisa, should you post.

Google, Wikileaks and Amazon or large book retailer of your choice are your friends if you are truly interested.

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

Thai military combined is one-fourth of the U.S.? You must be referring to the number of infantry soldiers. Otherwise, how many aircraft carriers, F-22s, F-35s, Trident subs, etc etc etc does Thailand have?

I made a post here awhile back about the Thai military. As I recall my research (and I'm not looking it up again) Thailand had a standing army greater than England, Germany & France combined. The Thai army size was roughly the size of Israel's. And what exactly is that large of a standing force suppose to do in Thailand? Well, there are 60 million mostly agrarian Thais to defend against.... ('Course they do get to reap a few baht from airships, diving rods, aircraft carriers, subs (proposed), etc)

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

bull dung

It would be interesting to know just where the 466.5 million Baht came from that Prayuth gave to family members shortly before becoming PM, or to know where the 128.6 million he kept came from. He certainly could not have earned that amount of money legally while working as a General, so did he inherit it all?

One of his first concerns as PM was inheritance tax! Clearly a pressing issue for the Junta!

the army - has more generals per capita than any other country in the world....and trying to work out exactly what their jobs are is impossible. They have a history of corruption that is easily on a par with any other institution in Thailand THey also have a unique role in the world - ill prepared to defend against outside threats they concentrate on threats they "perceive' internally and have a long tradition of meddling in politics. No democratic country tolerates this sort of thing

they are however experts in logging and cross border trade

• Like 1

bull dung

I am wondering if bull dung is the American language, equivalent to bull <deleted> in my country. ????

In Mexico it's known as El Toro poo poo.....

Hmmmm......not too sure about that. Would a man of honor sell his land for 600, million baht to a shell company registered in the British Virgin islands that had only been registered for seven days ?

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

Then there was his defense of the fake bomb detector that cost the army millions .

I could go on but if people are too blind to see or dig a little it would be pointless.

Many of the PDRC were sincere in there desire for democratic reforms. Many of them are feeling disappointed , foolish and betrayed.

Prayuth has said he will not allow attempts to cause a rift in the country. Since a democratic election would allow this we can take it that he will remain in office until removed by another clique of frustrated generals who have been left out and passed over through inferior connections.

We have not seen the last Thai coup by a long chalk yet. sad.png

Many of the PDRC were sincere in there desire for democratic reforms. Many of them are feeling disappointed , foolish and betrayed.

A friend was protesting in Bangkok with Suthep. She was livid about the corruption. When I pointed out that Suthep himself is corrupt and hardly a trustworthy leader, she replied "if he doesn't keep his promises, then we'll protest against him, too".

oops... whistling.gif

He's not actually, he's a man - not a very bright one based on his continual rants who manipulated a situation to overthrow an elected government to serve the needs of the small elite that directs him.

Certainly none that wouldn't result in an immediate ban from Thaivisa, should you post.

Google, Wikileaks and Amazon or large book retailer of your choice are your friends if you are truly interested.

clap2.gif

well, yes, almost any reasonable information source outside of Thailand will do for starters.

And if you use Thai sources of information, then you get to experience what the sources from outside of Thailand are talking about ...

What a great man. He has made a few mistakes, however, he is as you have described. Just wait for the haters with their attempts to degrade him by adding their derogatory embellishments. They'll come I can assure you.

You obviously did not understand the above post.? you really must learn the new government language that has been in place since last year? most people have clued onto it by now. ☝?

I didn't read the

7 pages of posts, just enough to see that the Prayuth fan club is out in force.

Some people just love authoritarian government, complete with martial law and repression of basic liberties. There's no point in reminding them of the corruption in the military, the past failures of military governments in Thailand and the rest of the world, the CDC's drafting of the most undemocratic constitution they think they can force on the Thia people, the fact that the only "good job" the general has done is repression, and all the other crap. These people love the d****tor to much to see any flaws.

Would you welcome a list of a list of the repressive acts of the self proclaimed number one democratic nation? But described as defensive actions in the interest of global stability! Including genocide ! Spare me !

"Would you welcome a list of a list"

Of course not.

It would be absolutely irrelevant to the topic of Thailand.

facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Oh, so you also claim there is such a someone, eh? Would that someone ALSO be a fugitive convict hiding out abroad, as was the case with the previous PM's puppeteer? 'Seems like a strange allegation for critics of the current government to be raising...

Would these "elites" you're talking about be the same "elites" that protested against the Pheu Thai abuse of power, in the streets of Bangkok back when ... the ones we saw dressed in their well-worn denims and faded t-shirts? Those "elites"?

Edited by hawker9000

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hmmm. None I guess. Yeah, that's what I thought... coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

It's hardy rocket science if you'd paid even the slightest bit of attention, but given your response it's fairly clear you've not bothered. Are you really dim enough to think that his happiness worked out this usurpation of democracy for the benefit of a minority all by his lonesome self? Based upon your posts one has to assume you are. Follow his path throughout 2013 and early 2014, his statements and his actions thereafter too and the words and actions of people I won't name here because of the clear threat for doing so.

It helps to think for a moment, but that may be a step too far for you.

Edited by Snig27

Oh, so you also claim there is such a someone, eh? Would that someone ALSO be a fugitive convict hiding out abroad, as was the case with the previous PM's puppeteer? 'Seems like a strange allegation for critics of the current government to be raising...

Would these "elites" you're talking about be the same "elites" that protested against the Pheu Thai abuse of power, in the streets of Bangkok back when ... the ones we saw dressed in their well-worn denims and faded t-shirts? Those "elites"?

Heh, nice to see the well-worn cliches trotted out yet again: "would that someone ALSO be a fugitive convict". You've not chanted "man from Dubai" yet.

Both baboon's and my response seem to elude you - you miss the obvious point rather widely. You really don't get what we are saying do you? I'm thinking that you probably get your current affairs from tabloid TV and Chang chatter but this was important: "Google, Wikileaks and Amazon or large book retailer of your choice are your friends if you are truly interested."

Edited by Snig27