A slight variation on the Nigerian Scam

pitrevie

A friend of mine recently advertised his camera for sale and received the following reply.

Thanks for your quick response to me email, I am Bxxxy Kxxe by name ,I am from England and i want to buy this camera for my Friend daughter schooling in Nigeria as useful for her project ,I would prefer to pay for the camera via Bank to Bank transfer,I will offer you 19,000THB for the camera including the shipping fee via Ems Post Office to my friend daughter address below,If you agree with my offer,kindly get back to me with your full bank details below for the payment to be made asap...

BANK INFORMATION.
Bank Name........
Account Name..........
Account Number...............
Swift Code........................
Bank Branch...........

I hope to hear from you soonest .....

Thank

I don't know how they can scam you.

If you give them the bank details and don't send until the money is on your account. I seriously miss something.....(but I clearly know it is scam)

If you are a honest person in Nigeria it must be very hard to purchase something as everyone will think it is another scam.

I don't know how anyone would be so stupid to get scammed by these types of emails, a rule I told my mum (she isnt great with pcs and got targetted by fake paypal emails) any email asking you to login to your account weather that by ebay, paypal, bank whatever delete it... anyone asking for any details via email delete it.

when I get these I usually play with the scammer for sometime, I once had a scammer repeatedly going to western union daily with fake MTCN details, think I had him going for about a month until I blew it by offering him nigerian gold delivered by pigeon, he then told me to f*** off...

If you give them the bank details and don't send until the money is on your account. I seriously miss something.....(but I clearly know it is scam)

If you are a honest person in Nigeria it must be very hard to purchase something as everyone will think it is another scam.

I agree but I think its just the start of information they are trying to build up against you, once they have this info they will then try to get more.. then again banks usually ask for certain letters of a password now

Well its suspect in a number of ways. The English isn't that good but leave that aside, they want a camera sent without first wanting to inspect it. Would you part with 19k of your money without first wanting to see the product?

In fact no address was attached and the story itself rings alarm bells.

I don't know how anyone would be so stupid to get scammed by these types of emails, a rule I told my mum (she isnt great with pcs and got targetted by fake paypal emails) any email asking you to login to your account weather that by ebay, paypal, bank whatever delete it... anyone asking for any details via email delete it.

when I get these I usually play with the scammer for sometime, I once had a scammer repeatedly going to western union daily with fake MTCN details, think I had him going for about a month until I blew it by offering him nigerian gold delivered by pigeon, he then told me to f*** off...

I agree but I think its just the start of information they are trying to build up against you, once they have this info they will then try to get more.. then again banks usually ask for certain letters of a password now

Well I had 3 (out of hundreds or thousands) who were real. Two were something like Western Union paid by an embassy and the address was something like government house (for a game). And the second one was a real furniture company German owned there.

Well its suspect in a number of ways. The English isn't that good but leave that aside, they want a camera sent without first wanting to inspect it. Would you part with 19k of your money without first wanting to see the product?

In fact no address was attached and the story itself rings alarm bells.

I agree - the more people know about you from different sources, the bigger the picture they have and sooner or later.......

If they're genuine, they might agree to a Western Union transfer - you might lose a few quid, but it's a one-off and no personal details are lurking.

if they say they cannot do that, alarm bells should start ringing!!

Edited by VBF

As I have posted many times previously, this phrase:

... get back to me ...

is present in perhaps 90% of these scam emails.

It maybe sounds crazy, but go check your past scam emails and that phrase will probably be in the text

I never put Nigeria as the end user's address when I reply to these ads.

Seems very silly to me, especially when it comes from someone called Bxxxy Kxxe .....................tongue.png

Edited by chrisinth