NACC reveals net assets of 490 former Thai MPs

webfact

NACC reveals net assets of 490 former MPs

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was richer, holding net assets worth 586,757,419 baht, or 11 million baht higher than she declared, one year after her parliamentary term ended.

Former opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and his family had 55,022,675 baht in assets. With no debt, his assets dropped by 726,469 baht from he earlier declared in December 9, 2013.

Former prime minister Chuan Leekpai had assets higher than debt of 6,121,583 baht.

The three former prime ministers were among 490 former MPs who declared their assets and liabilities with the National Anti-Corruption Commission one year after their House terms ended.

Yingluck declared 617,320,127 baht in assets and 30,562,708 baht in debt.

Her net assets amounted to 586,757,419 baht, about 11 million baht more than declared at the end of her MP term.

Former deputy agriculture minister Nattawut Saikuar and family had 32,435,662 baht in assets and 15,027,970 baht in debt. His net assets fell by 1,833,925 baht from a year ago to 17,407,691 baht.

Former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom had 17,828,911 baht in assets and 242,582 baht in debt. His net assets dropped by 452,880 baht from the past year to stay at 17,586,329 baht.

Mrs Yaowapa Wongsawat, the sister of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, had 123,861,586 baht in assets higher than debts.

Former deputy prime minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung had 123,861,586 net assets, while former Pheu Thai party spokesman Mr Prompong Nopparit had 16,345,227 baht.

Former deputy commerce minister Poom Sarapol and his spouse had 39,377,047 baht in assets.

Former Rak Prathet Thai party leader Chuvit Kamolvisit had 345,556,371 baht, Newin Chidchob 88,714,090 baht, and former coup keader Gen Sonthi Boonyaratklin 63,421,665 baht in net assets.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-reveals-net-assets-490-former-mps

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-03

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yaowapa Wongsawat and Chalerm had exactly the same amount of net assets... to the last baht... really?

And one was a former police officer how many police officers do we know that have millions or even billions, just thought I'd ask.

What a nonsense article. " Abhisit Vejjajiva and his family" Are the assets in the article all include with family members or just Abhisit? And who is exaclty the family? mother, father, sisters, children, uncles.... Yingluck has really 600mio assets only on her own?!

I think this country can only uproot out its political instability if it is not only govern by the upper 1% ..!!

• Like 2

I tend not to talk about Thai politics as I don't really understand it.

But I can see why everyone wants to get involved in it. What a way to make money. Second only to being in the Police force.

Look at most countries and name me a poor politician, not saying all countries are corrupt but usually politicians are rich.

But most countries defence and police forces are not in it for the money. You would much rather be a General here and not have to justify where your fortune came from.

only 11 million baht richer, pretty poor considering a lowly "chosen" Police General was able to have what? 300,000,000 baht go into shares that still didn't put him into debt.

The interest alone of her assets would be a lot more than 11 million baht ?

It's absolutely disgusting how mere civil servants can supposedly accumulate millions of dollars worth of assets in a country where the pay scales would simply take hundreds of years to even begin to save those types of numbers. Rotten to the core

I hope you're also classing Police and Military as civil servants too? ;)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder if the current incumbents will be furnishing their 'financials' for scrutiny?

11 millions only? Man, I would make better use of that 617 mils to make more money. When is the good junta going to declare their assets to the public?

They did last October.

• Like 1

I wonder if the current incumbents will be furnishing their 'financials' for scrutiny?

Pray tell, who would those 'current' incumbents be ?

Now, now, you know as well as I do that it's illegal to criticize the junta.

Mrs Yaowapa Wongsawat, the sister of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, had 123,861,586 baht in assets higher than debts.
Former deputy prime minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yubamrung had 123,861,586 net assets, while former Pheu Thai party spokesman Mr Prompong Nopparit had 16,345,227 baht.

Both declare to have 123,861,586 Baht as net assets?

Same Same?

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif
  • Like 1

Pray tell, who would those 'current' incumbents be ?

Now, now, you know as well as I do that it's illegal to criticize the junta.

Well thank you for your kind words.

Mind you, I fail to see what those have to do with my question. Furthermore I'm still waiting for an answer on who these 'incumbents' are. Some may have missed this but the NLA, the cabinet members and even NRC/CDC members have submitted asset declarations. The NACC has reported on them as well.

• Like 2

Yingluck Bt11m better off after her stint as MP
THE NATION

30253311-01_big.jpg
Members of the media check out the asset declarations submitted by MPs one year after they left their posts.

BANGKOK: -- IN FORMER PM Yingluck Shinawatra's declaration of assets to the National Anti-Corruption Commission in December, she said she borrowed Bt30 million from her older brother and ex-PM Thaksin on December 8, 2014.

The ex-PM submitted the declaration one year after leaving her MP post as required by law, and it showed that her assets had increased by Bt11 million.

Her declaration stated that she and her son had Bt615 million in assets and some Bt30 million in liabilities, based on the money she owes her brother.

She did not include the assets of her unregistered partner in the declaration.

Politicians from Pheu Thai Party declared their assets as follows:

 Former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom Bt17 million; Bt452,880 less than when he stepped down as MP.

Deputy commerce minister Poom Sarapol Bt39 million.

Yaowapa Wongsawat Bt123 million, marking a Bt670,000 rise.

Ex-foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul Bt35 million, Bt6 million less than when he stepped down as MP..

Pichit Chuenban Bt11 million.

Korkaew Pikulthong Bt100 million.

Udomdej Ratanasatien Bt21 million.

Worachai Hema Bt7 million.

Nattawut Saikua Bt17 million.

Dr Weng Tojirakarn Bt26 million.

Chalerm Yoobamrung Bt170 million.

Prompong Nopparit Bt16 million.

Khattiya Sawasdipol and her spouse Bt6 million.

Somsak Kiatsuranont Bt1 million.

Those from the Democrat |Party issued their assets as follows:

Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, his spouse and their underage children have Bt55 million; Bt720,000 more.

Chuan Leekpai Bt6 million.

Former finance minister Korn Chatikavanij Bt893 million.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-Bt11m-better-off-after-her-stint-as-MP-30253311.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-04

BANGKOK: -- IN FORMER PM Yingluck Shinawatra's declaration of assets to the National Anti-Corruption Commission in December, she said she borrowed Bt30 million from her older brother and ex-PM Thaksin on December 8, 2014.

There was no need for her to bother her brother for money, she could easily have asked his gardener for cash.

• Like 1