Thai immigration office closure dates Chinese New Year

Hi, I need to extend my visa by Tuesday 17th February so was thinking of going on Monday 16th February.

Chinese New Year is Thursday 19th February. Does anyone know how long the immigration offices will be closed? Is it just 19th or longer? i.e. will it be open on 16th Feb?

The immigration office I'll be attending is Hua Hin.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi, I need to extend my visa by Tuesday 17th February so was thinking of going on Monday 16th February

Presumably you mean you want an extension to your permission to stay. Visas are not extended. Depending on the type of permission or extension of stay you currently have, it can be renewed or extended as much as 30 days early for retirement or marriage ( or at least a week early for a visa exempt entry or 60 day tourist entry) without losing any days. Whenever you extend, they add the extension onto the end of your current permission to stay.

Not a good idea to leave it to the last minute in case of unexpected delays in submitting the application.

I'm a little confused about this "losing days" issue if I apply too early for my extension. My 60 day tourist visa expires expires March 7th, and I want to extend it on Feb. 23rd or earlier as I'll be in Chiang Mai or earlier in Mae Hong Son. I've also thought of extending it in Chiang Khan as well around Feb. 26th or 27th.

Will they tell me if it is too early or that I will lose days - before I actually apply at the desk?

thx

I'm a little confused about this "losing days" issue if I apply too early for my extension. My 60 day tourist visa expires expires March 7th, and I want to extend it on Feb. 23rd or earlier as I'll be in Chiang Mai or earlier in Mae Hong Son. I've also thought of extending it in Chiang Khan as well around Feb. 26th or 27th.

Will they tell me if it is too early or that I will lose days - before I actually apply at the desk?

thx

It varies for each office how how early you can do it. Two weeks early is good at the majority of immigration offices.

You will never loose any days by doing it early.

• Like 1