British Man killed in South Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

British Man killed in South Pattaya Road Crash

crash-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday a fatal road crash occurred on the Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya which resulted in the death of a 50 year old British motorcyclist.

Police and medics rushed to the scene of the crash in front of the Thai Namtip Company and dealt with the incident which involved a truck and a high powered motorbike driven by Mr. Gregory Lee Simmons from Somerset, UK.

Mr. Simmons was pronounced dead-at-the-scene and was lying on the road next to his red-plated motorbike. Police surmised that the bike had rear-ended a stationary truck, driven by Khun Manit aged 41. He had parked the truck in the right-hand carriageway with his hazard lights activated and was in the process of erecting signs for the upcoming Money Expo Event.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/168780/british-man-killed-in-south-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-04

RIP, the hazard lights are not visible behind the open loading door of the truck, but off course nobody is at fault here again.....

The fault clearly lies with the rider.

If he cannot see a truck, with the use of a headlight and reflective surfaces, not to mention eyesight, he should not have been riding.

• Like 2

RIP, the hazard lights are not visible behind the open loading door of the truck, but off course nobody is at fault here again.....

The fault clearly lies with the rider.

If he cannot see a truck, with the use of a headlight and reflective surfaces, not to mention eyesight, he should not have been riding.

Can't argue with that.

I am not sure what a motocy would be doing in that lane, unless turning right/U-turning).

RIP anyway.

• Like 1

I can't see any lights on the back of that truck. If they exist, and it is still dark, why are they turned off in the photo? I doubt they exist.

The lights are on but the tailgate is covering them,,, look at the left hand side of the truck....

• Like 1

Were there warning triangles placed behind the truck at a sufficient distance?

Hazard lights on or not, 'parking' in the right hand lane surely is not permitted.....putting up advertising boards is not excuse enough.

How many lives must be lost because of such idiocy.

Hey chap, I've seen police cars parked in the fast lane looking for law breakers..............w00t.gif

RIP biker..

I can't see any lights on the back of that truck. If they exist, and it is still dark, why are they turned off in the photo? I doubt they exist.

The lights are on but the tailgate is covering them,,, look at the left hand side of the truck....

correct, the lights cannot be seen at all

and for those that are laying blame with Greg on this, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and would be better not speaking at all - there are ways to describe people who have a lot to say and find themselves generally ignored

• Like 2

and for those that are laying blame with Greg on this, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and would be better not speaking at all - there are ways to describe people who have a lot to say and find themselves generally ignored

I refer you to post #12

• Like 1

"...you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about and would be better not speaking at all..."

Does that same sentiment not apply to you also? Did you witness this accident? You omit to mention the witness who allegedly filmed him at high speed on his dash cam.

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

Hazard lights on or not, 'parking' in the right hand lane surely is not permitted.....putting up advertising boards is not excuse enough.

How many lives must be lost because of such idiocy.

Could have easily been a truck broken down, a truck turning right, or a truck just going slower than the bike.

Clearly this guy for what ever reason was not looking where he was going, or what he could see did not register until too late.

• Like 1

If they are working on the central reservation then there is no reason why they should not park on the outside lane. Better that than crossing the whole carriageway on foot endlessly.

I've driven along Sukumvit at night and it is mostly quite well-lit. Anyone driving at a reasonable speed and in control of his vehicle and senses should spot an obstacle well before hitting it. And anyone who cant see what's in front of them within stopping distance should be driving much more slowly.

• Like 2

If they are working on the central reservation then there is no reason why they should not park on the outside lane. Better that than crossing the whole carriageway on foot endlessly.

I've driven along Sukumvit at night and it is mostly quite well-lit. Anyone driving at a reasonable speed and in control of his vehicle and senses should spot an obstacle well before hitting it. And anyone who cant see what's in front of them within stopping distance should be driving much more slowly.

You may be right Kitten, but in one way or the other this partly blockage of the right-lane confuses loads of people.

A lot of "finding the correct lane actions" resulting in riders and drivers going crazy.

• Like 1

Some of these chaps riding these highly powered bikes take huge chances and drive crazily and too fast-as do the young Thais who can afford these bikes-so obviously we will get these unfortunate and terrible accidents.

Here we go AGAIN with the pansy brigade trying to tell us what we should do with our lives. If youre too scared to go faster than walking pace then stay at home and leave other people to do what they enjoy.

more people die on tiny little scooters than on nasty big motorbikes