British Passport Expiry - 90 day Report and Retirement Extension

Is it possible to do a 90 day report or an annual extension of a permission to stay based on retirement using an old British passport after having recently applied for a passport renewal.

Just worried that if my new passport takes a million years to come back from the UK, then I may have to do one or both of the above.

I know reports are that they are being returned fairly promptly, but forewarned is forearmed.

I did a 90 day report using a passport that was in the process of being renewed a while back, no problem at all.

Whilst they say the passport is electronically cancelled, it didn't show up on the Thai internal system which, I believe is, a stand alone system.

No problem to do a 90 day report.

You could do your extension of stay but if your passport has less than a year left the extension would only be issued up to the date your passport expires. Then you would have to apply for a new extension when the shortened extension ends.

• Like 1

No problem to do a 90 day report.

You could do your extension of stay but if your passport has less than a year left the extension would only be issued up to the date your passport expires. Then you would have to apply for a new extension when the shortened extension ends.

Thanks for that info.

My old passport will have 6 months to expiry at the time I have to do my extension of stay. In the situation you describe by doing a second extension, would I have to requalify with seasoned 800k Baht again? Or do they simply transfer the stamps and extend it automatically upon presentation of the old and new passports?

Cheers.