Wipers up: why?

chingmai331

Not for me, I speak my mind, anyone who really knows me knows that to be the truth. I will say, sounds a lot like a threat though?

Only if you're feeling vulnerable :) I enjoy a good conversation based on mutual respect and honesty, and that includes not making assumptions about the person I am talking to. To imply that my information was concocted and badly researched merely highlights a lack of respect and honesty. In real life this conversation could have been quite interesting as you appear to have some experience. It was the frankly rude tone of your responses that cause me to write this -- my last comment on the matter.

Leaving a vehicles lights off as late as possible until its virtually pitch black before they're tuned on...

Ensuring the wheels are perfectly straight when parked... even to the point a security guard will tell you to straighten them...

Reverse parking everywhere (except parallel)... to the point they can't access the boot to get the shopping on...

Lifting up the Windscreen wipers...

Much of the above is done without any thought or consciousness at all... Society simply reflects itself and people do these things because they see others do it...

Thinking more about it or why would lead to a reaction from a Thai of 'don't think too much'...

These practices may have started from reasonable reasons which no longer exist... but have already been answered...

i.e.

Windscreen wipers - Poorer quality rubber left a mark on the Windscreen once it got hot. And in dusty areas the fine silica build up on the wipers could scratch the Windscreen...

• Like 1

Well I have to admit that I lift my wiper blades most mornings _when I wash the front windscreen. I find that it's usually covered in dust and dead flies. I wouldn't dream of operating the wiper blades ... with washer or not ... on a dirty screen.

And I'm one of the ..lift the bonnet (hood to some of you) after stopping whenever practical as I've measured the temperature around the battery and it's much cooler with the bonnet open.

I wonder how many more posts there will be on this topic .....

• Like 1

As you grow older, you dont give a rats ass what some idiots do or say.Whats it matter if one enjoys looking a Chump with wipers standing to attention, up to you.biggrin.png

...or those throwbacks that think 10 minutes of raised-bonnet engine 'cooling' will make a hill of beans difference to the longevity of the [insert the bit of the engine you gaze wistfully upon the most here].

As you grow older, you dont give a rats ass what some idiots do or say.Whats it matter if one enjoys looking a Chump with wipers standing to attention, up to you.biggrin.png

...or those throwbacks that think 10 minutes of raised-bonnet engine 'cooling' will make a hill of beans difference to the longevity of the [insert the bit of the engine you gaze wistfully upon the most here].

some guys run these turbo timer thingys - supposed to extend the life?

Not for me, I speak my mind, anyone who really knows me knows that to be the truth. I will say, sounds a lot like a threat though?

Sounds more like road rage.

You got tinted windows?

Are those allowed in the USA then?

The answer to this question is simple... TIGHT WALLETS and laziness

They just don't want to shell out 100฿ every couple of years!

That's how I see it... TO SAVE MONEY

A 10 year old could change the rubbers on wipers!

My wallet is far from tight but I do lift my wipers so that in the off chance it snows over night they will not freeze to the windscreen.

• Like 1

My wallet is far from tight but I do lift my wipers so that in the off chance it snows over night they will not freeze to the windscreen.

Blimey, I remember those days................sad.png

• Like 1

Has not happened yet but with all this climate change malarky there is a possibility it may snow in Pattaya one day.... better to be safe than sorry.

Has not happened yet but with all this climate change malarky there is a possibility it may snow in Pattaya one day.... better to be safe than sorry.

It has been snowing every Christmas Day for the past 30-odd years at the TQ on Beach. Drop by next year and get your 'wipers lifted' for free.... and other malarkey.

Edited by NanLaew