Renewing Netherlands passport, need to renew non-b. Help?

I have to renew my Netherlands passport which expires in May. My working visa expires April 30th. I need to get another year visa. Can anyone help with what you need to do in order to avoid having to go through the whole non-b process again? What's my time-frame here? Thank you in advance for help.

You need to renew you passport first.

Immigration will transfer any relevant stamp to the new passport, make sure you get a letter from your embassy.

Once that is done, if you qualify you can obtain an one-year extension of stay at immigration, there are many postings that list all the requirements.

Edited by paz

Not aware of how long it will take to get your passport. But I suggest you do it as soon as possible.

As said after you get your new passport immigration will transfer all the relevant stamps to the new one.

Then you can apply for the new extension.

Norm for a Dutch passport is 2 weeks, but advise is to apply at least 1 month in advance.

You apply for the enw passport in bangkok, you can have it send home by EMS once the embassy receives it from the Netherlands.

(Take a self addressed envelope and stamps with you).

Next you visit immigraiton to have the details transferred to the new passport. (Take both passports with you, with copies, and a letter from the embassy regarding the new passport).

Once your WP comes up for renewal you go to the labour office as usual and later to immirgaiton for the enw extension.

Just did it this week :-)

• Go to this site: http://www.minbuza.nl/paspoortaanvraagformulier
  • 2 photo's
  • copy passport first page
  • copy visa or extension of stay
  • THB 4.810 (normal / business is SAME price so go for the business as new passport is now 10 years valid !)

Opening hours Monday till Thursday 8.30h - 11.30h, Thursday afternoon 13:30h - 15:00h

Whole process at Embassy takes about 10 minutes.
Next week (hopefully) will receive my new passport so after that have to go to Immigration to transfer stamps.
>>> make sure you get a letter from your embassy
Not sure about this, why as we get our old passport back with 'holes' in it.
Let you know later.

The letter from the embassy has been a immigration requirement for many years. But not all offices enforce it.

Some embassies give them to you with the new passport without you having to ask for it because they are aware of the rule.

The letter from the embassy has been a immigration requirement for many years. But not all offices enforce it.

Some embassies give them to you with the new passport without you having to ask for it because they are aware of the rule.

I don't recall ever receiving this letter and being asked for it by immigration. It does say in the Dutch passport 'this passport has been issued to replace passport number xxx.'

I don't recall ever receiving this letter and being asked for it by immigration. It does say in the Dutch passport 'this passport has been issued to replace passport number xxx.'

My post was about immigrations requirements and not specific for one countries passport. And as I said not all immigration offices ask for it.

My post was about immigrations requirements and not specific for one countries passport. And as I said not all immigration offices ask for it.

My post was specific for Dutch passports.

Thank you all for the informative responses, you have been a great help.

Another related question though; if I were to renew my passport outside of Thailand could I still follow the same process? Would leaving cancel my visa? Even if I had a reentry permit?

I would be back in Thailand in time before my visa or work permit expired.

Edited by MaroonSaffa

I didn't receive the letter with my last passport, but did receive it with the one before that.

February 3rd I went to the Dutch Embassy, February 10th - yesterday - they called me that I could pickup my new passport which I did today February 11th

Like Mario2008 said " 'this passport has been issued to replace passport number xxx.'" so we do NOT receive an additional letter.

Tomorrow Immigration Jomtien to transfer my extension-of-stay, after that 90 days followed by next month new extension-of-stay.

Requirements for the passport pictures are very stringent, I would advise to have them made in the small shop right opposite the embassy, they can make them exactly the right way.

Is that a new shop?

The transaltion agency nearby did make photos, but only for visa applicaitons. (They printed them on a colour printer). They said themselevs that was not acceptable for passport photos. That was some years ago, so it might have changed.