Pattaya 'Naked Sushi' Restaurant makes national news headlines

webfact

"... degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects ..."

OK, so equal it up by having a spread of sushi on a naked man next to her.

And, in future, have a 3rd spread if the 3rd sex is officially recognized by the Constitution.

Somehow I think the name 'naked sushi & Sai Krok isan' restaurant might be a bit of a mouthful..

Do you think they mean Soi Korpai, rather than Korpia? If so, this is where I have a house, but I've never seen this sushi bar. Anyone actually been?

It is the red one (looks Japanese to me) just before the football stadium.. it is a private club and is quite expensive but worth it from what my mates say.

Regards,

Kurt

• Like 1

Do you think they mean Soi Korpai, rather than Korpia? If so, this is where I have a house, but I've never seen this sushi bar. Anyone actually been?

It is the red one (looks Japanese to me) just before the football stadium.. it is a private club and is quite expensive but worth it from what my mates say.

Regards,

Kurt

I don't understand why eating Sushi from a naked body would be worth anything more than the eating Sushi at a regular place, unless of course also other services are provided.

• Like 1

And, in future, have a 3rd spread if the 3rd sex is officially recognized by the Constitution.

Absolutely. The LGBT community still has some distance to go in Thailand when it comes to constitutional rights, and having an equal opportunity at being dinner plates for Sushi would be another step in the right direction. thumbsup.gif

Complete with strategically-placed spicy tuna roll?

• Like 1

creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists.

geeez i certainly didnt get any bad images, only nice ones

This "image of Thailand" bs really gets up my nose.

Most of the tourists who visit Thailand are well aware of the red light districts and what goes on there, some of them haunt these places and some avoid them.

I meet tourists all the time who stay in nice hotels, go shopping and on tours, eat cheap Thai food, never step foot in a bar, and go home happy. The fact there are places like Pataya and Nana does not stop them from holidaying in Thailand.

Neither does the political cage of monkeys who run the country (both past and present) biggrin.png

• Like 1

Are white people allowed in ? I have seen a few Japanese clubs where non

Japanese are barred..

Imagine if they refused entry of a Mexican mafia type, he would probably say - " I don't want your steenking fish anyway gringo" ! clap2.gif

Being Pattaya, perhaps Dunkin Donuts should use men, It would go down well in some Sois. rolleyes.gif

The “Tokyo Kids” Restaurant is located in Soi Khopia in South Pattaya and made national news headlines on Wednesday when details of the naked sushi service were circulated on social media, which was then picked-up by National News outlets who have been less than complimentary about the service they offer

Wonder who put this up on social media and tipped of the press, maybe some one at TAT who actually knows a thing or two about marketing... giggle.gif

Edited by Basil B

The Tokyo Kids Restaurant is located in Soi Khopia in South Pattaya and made national news headlines on Wednesday when details of the naked sushi service were circulated on social media, which was then picked-up by National News outlets who have been less than complimentary about the service they offer

Wonder who put this up on social media and tipped of the press, maybe some one at TAT who actually knows a thing or two about marketing... giggle.gif

For your more discerning sex tourist.

UPDATE:

Police seek arrest of Australian owner of South Pattaya “Naked Sushi” Restaurant

sushi-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday afternoon, and in response to complaints via social media regarding a “Naked Sushi” Restaurant in South Pattaya, over 50 officials from various Police Divisions and Government Departments, conducted a raid on the venue.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/797950-pattaya-sushi-shop-manager-charged-over-nude-menu/#entry9034449

had a place in leederville perth. you could eat off naked women. l think that beats thailand for once.

The idea of eating sushi off some Aussie Sheila does not seem that appetising to me... xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vrViiesVr

not sushi mate but good aussie tucker

Regards,

Kurt

I don't understand why eating Sushi from a naked body would be worth anything more than the eating Sushi at a regular place, unless of course also other services are provided.

It is a Karaoke of sorts.. if that answers your question.. wink wink

Kurt

Regards,

Kurt

It is a Karaoke of sorts.. if that answers your question.. wink wink

Kurt

Yeah, but you don't go to a karaoke to eat, do you? Nod nod.

"Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists."

What a terrible thing to do to Pattaya.

It's actually interesting, because it shows that most Thai people have absolutely no clue about the stuff that goes on in Pattaya.

At first I thought it was just hypocrisy combined with 'don't care' and 'mai pen rai', but I'm coming to the realization that people actually don't know.

(And long may it remain so. wink.png )

I think you'll find that every Thai knows exactly what goes on in Pattaya and other places, they just don't/won't acknowledge it and hate it when it's "publicised" or thrown in their faces. There's a whole slew of girls there working in "bars" as "waitresses" and that's all the family will acknowledge as long as the money keeps coming.

Absolutely spot on. As long as the activity is kept under the radar, alot of people are fine with it. But, as soon as it is advertised, brought out into the open or shown on the media, all of a sudden it is no longer correct behavior, and is something that is completely unacceptable. Funny how prudish some Thai people can be about this. Although, my guess is that the majority of the Thai people have nothing to do with the "industry", and do not like it much. They just kind of tolerate it. I would also guess that most of this kind of criticism is being brought either by religious authorities or the government, which loves to pretend the place is squeaky clean, and the people are a very wholesome, honest, law abiding, respectful, and honorable lot. "What, our women banging strangers for money?"

"Naked Sushi is degrading to women and portrays them as sex objects and also creates a bad image of Thailand to foreign tourists."

What a terrible thing to do to Pattaya.

It's actually interesting, because it shows that most Thai people have absolutely no clue about the stuff that goes on in Pattaya.

At first I thought it was just hypocrisy combined with 'don't care' and 'mai pen rai', but I'm coming to the realization that people actually don't know.

(And long may it remain so. wink.png )

I think you'll find that every Thai knows exactly what goes on in Pattaya and other places, they just don't/won't acknowledge it and hate it when it's "publicised" or thrown in their faces. There's a whole slew of girls there working in "bars" as "waitresses" and that's all the family will acknowledge as long as the money keeps coming.

Absolutely spot on. As long as the activity is kept under the radar, alot of people are fine with it. But, as soon as it is advertised, brought out into the open or shown on the media, all of a sudden it is no longer correct behavior, and is something that is completely unacceptable. Funny how prudish some Thai people can be about this. Although, my guess is that the majority of the Thai people have nothing to do with the "industry", and do not like it much. They just kind of tolerate it. I would also guess that most of this kind of criticism is being brought either by religious authorities or the government, which loves to pretend the place is squeaky clean, and the people are a very wholesome, honest, law abiding, respectful, and honorable lot. "What, our women banging strangers for money?"

At the end of the day, the one big unacknowledged fact is that the "visible" prostitution here in Thailand (i.e. the foreign areas) account for maybe 10% of all prostitution here. The rest is for Thai's, and they all know where they are at, and probably 80% of the Thai guys actually use the places, married or not, they just won't admit it. Everyone knows it goes on, everyone likes it to stay the way it is, they just don't want to actually have to say so and face up to it publicly.