Robbed In Sukhumvit

chandraM

These little crappy men who try to be women. I have had similar experiences, i don't make it an issue. I ask them politely to leave me alone. If they don't understand it that's too bad. Anyone in the way goes down.

Edited by A1Str8

Hell they even steal from each other, I bought my Wife's Mother a nice 2 Bath necklace and she was at Big C on Rama II road across from Central Rama II. She was carrying her young Grandson and another Thai man proceeded to rip her necklace off and run with it.

This a "Have little/nothing Country" so they think it is alright to steal from the more fortunate, Now you know !!

These little crappy men who try to be women. I have had similar experiences, i don't make it an issue. I ask them politely to leave me alone. If they don't understand it that's too bad. Anyone in the way goes down.

That i can believe...just drop your draws and let em at it right tough guy !!

• Like 1

Never wear a gold chain or any valuables that is visible, simple as that. It happens all the time, both in Bangkok and Pattaya.

and just about every major city in the world - I was robbed like this in Barcelona by two prostitutes

i have been debating this for awhile and am now confident in saying something as to my conclusions

most of this childish and immature behavior (somewhat like what virgins would act like in the US, if you grew up there you may know to what I am referring),

by asian males, is the result of small penis size as compared to farangs of either white or black. it results in a giddy childish behavior due to low self-esteem. it manifests not as overt aggression, but rather a type of ridicule, or behind the back type negative behavior like that.

You've seen too many action movies.

Your bravado is ridiculous and dangerous.

Anybody who gets into a street fight in Bangkok will get some lessons he won't forget anytime soon.

Hard to imagine a man who is hurriedly walking, being stopped cold, surrounded, having his head pushed into the breasts of what clearly had to be transvestite prostitutes

and not suspecting he is about to get robbed.

And the reason he was there a few minutes?

Negotiations taking longer than usual?

Personally i don't think jewlery looks very good on males, so personally i don't have other accessories than a wedding ring and a expensive watch. But a small question, to all the careful persons in this thread...that own expensive gold chains etc. and keep them in the bank/a home or other places:

Whats the point, in buying gold chains - if you are not wearing it? For investment purposes gold is rather silly IMOH, as there is no ROI, unless you cash out (such as dividend or rental income on real real estate) And if you really want to invest in gold, it would be far better to do it at a broker or buying goldbars and not ornaments.

I'm not bashing any one, i simply don't understand why, if you don't like "flash your bling-bling" smile.png

On another note, its a shame Thai police do not take this more seriously - maybe I can understand the lack of investigation, on already committed pocket thefts - but street robbery? That should carry a hefty penalty and investigated thoroughly.

Never wear a gold chain or any valuables that is visible, simple as that. It happens all the time, both in Bangkok and Pattaya.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but why do some men want to wear anything round their neck?

Makes me Hansum, like the thousand baht bill on my forehead when I walk into a bar. - I have been wearing the same Gold necklace and Dragon emulate for 17 years and haven't lost it 'Yet' Must because I am short, and with a natural mean looking face when I walk the streets, they leave me alone - one time in pattaya, two Katoey's tried what they did to the op, a quick elbow to the ribs of the one with his arm around my neck solved that, the 2d one backed off and I continued on my way.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Exactly right. There was some discussion in another thread here not too long back about the pros & cons of "displaying wealth" while on holiday in Thailand. Yours is an object lesson in why NOT to do it. It's also an object lesson in the uselessness (to foreigners anyway) in depending on the police for your safety or any real assistance. You were in a commonly trafficked public area, filed a formal report, offered every assistance and item of first-person information, and the police still proved to be of very little help, due mainly to their sheer unwillingness to be of any help! The criminals concerned were self-secure and bold enough to be in the same area the following day (and no doubt most days...), unhindered in any way by the police. As a foreigner on the street, the police are really NOT your friend (no surprise to many or most of us), so maintain full responsibility for your own safety & well-being, and try to inform yourself and avoid unnecessary risks.

Personally i don't think jewlery looks very good on males, so personally i don't have other accessories than a wedding ring and a expensive watch. But a small question, to all the careful persons in this thread...that own expensive gold chains etc. and keep them in the bank/a home or other places:

Whats the point, in buying gold chains - if you are not wearing it? For investment purposes gold is rather silly IMOH, as there is no ROI, unless you cash out (such as dividend or rental income on real real estate) And if you really want to invest in gold, it would be far better to do it at a broker or buying goldbars and not ornaments.

I'm not bashing any one, i simply don't understand why, if you don't like "flash your bling-bling" smile.png

Why do you wear an expensive watch ?

Anybody who gets into a street fight in Bangkok will get some lessons he won't forget anytime soon.

this typical response is laughable.

thais dont have superhuman powers in fact, also they cant fight better then whitey. in addition, a fight in bkk does not guarantee a loss and the hoards dont arrive to neat up on the poor lone farang.

its more a reflection of you being uncomfortable and nervous in a strange environment. your projecting your fears snd insecurities.

Why do you wear an expensive watch ?

It was gift from my late granddad, I would never have bought something in this price range, my self - and it's by no means "an investment". But i do wear it so it comes to use, and is not locked away in a safe, even though its more expensive than most cars.

thais dont have superhuman powers in fact, also they cant fight better then whitey. in addition, a fight in bkk does not guarantee a loss and the hoards dont arrive to neat up on the poor lone farang.

its more a reflection of you being uncomfortable and nervous in a strange environment. your projecting your fears snd insecurities.

I once watched a ladyboy beat an Australian guy repeatedly over the back with a baseball bat, this was a revenge attack as one of his friends had punched the ladyboy in the face about an hour before, I have no idea what they initially argued over. Note the revenge attack was on his friend, not the guy who did the punching, the tough guy had left the scene after the initial incident.

There were punches, glasses and bottles flying through the air before the bat eventually came out.

I was sitting a couple of meters away having a few beers and found the whole thing quite amusing.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but why do some men want to wear anything round their neck?

Because they can't afford a car

Exactly right. There was some discussion in another thread here not too long back about the pros & cons of "displaying wealth" while on holiday in Thailand. Yours is an object lesson in why NOT to do it. It's also an object lesson in the uselessness (to foreigners anyway) in depending on the police for your safety or any real assistance. You were in a commonly trafficked public area, filed a formal report, offered every assistance and item of first-person information, and the police still proved to be of very little help, due mainly to their sheer unwillingness to be of any help! The criminals concerned were self-secure and bold enough to be in the same area the following day (and no doubt most days...), unhindered in any way by the police. As a foreigner on the street, the police are really NOT your friend (no surprise to many or most of us), so maintain full responsibility for your own safety & well-being, and try to inform yourself and avoid unnecessary risks.

How much help would the police be if you suffered a random street robbery in any other country?

Environment has nothing to do with it. Some people seek to solve problems with their fists, some don't. The latter tend to live longer.

• Like 1

They've been there for at least 15 years that I know of.

Usually by the footbridge.

They usually roam looking for drunks - touch them up and whip out their wallets.

They are really good at it....got my phone years ago...3 times

If everyone knows who they are and where they operate from ...why not do something about it ???

I once watched a ladyboy beat an Australian guy repeatedly over the back with a baseball bat, this was a revenge attack as one of his friends had punched the ladyboy in the face about an hour before, I have no idea what they initially argued over. Note the revenge attack was on his friend, not the guy who did the punching, the tough guy had left the scene after the initial incident.

There were punches, glasses and bottles flying through the air before the bat eventually came out.

I was sitting a couple of meters away having a few beers and found the whole thing quite amusing.

Amusing? Really. ..I'm glad you don't have my back... !

• Like 1

If everyone knows who they are and where they operate from ...why not do something about it ???

It would be good to organize a TV posse to set up a sting operation. Have a guy walk down the street with some gold chains or an iPhone 6 - when the robbers try to rob him, make sure to catch everything on camera and come out in numbers to confront them on video. No need to get physical, but would be good to have numbers on our side for once. Take the video evidence and upload to YouTube - this seems to be the most effective way getting the police to take action.

Thank goodness never been robbed or had any issues with a Katoey. But, once was walking around Suk soi 7 to 11, a young guy that may have been a street person jumped in front of me holding a an extremely small pipe that looked like a pencil. I think he thought he was going to catch me off guard and panic, but I just looked at him, then the pipe and he did the same; he actually looked embarrassed. I just turned around and walked the other way looking back at him just in case he followed me.

I'm always wary in the African soi's, (3/5), as there always seems to be an angle when one strikes up a conversation or acknowledges you.

Just be careful out there guys.

These middle eastern and south asian guys better smarten up with their flaunting of bling around the city.

The cops know the ladyboys are there , and they do not care ......they probably know which ladyboy it is if you had a photo.....

I was in front of K bank by Soi 6 and 3 ladyboys swarmed a Japanese guy , I yelled something and got my phone out to take a photo ,

and of course they scattered., I doubt the Japanese guy had any idea what was happening......

I never walk on the even side of Sukhumvit at night , but then I also do not look like I have any money, gold chains or an iPhone

What happened to all the police cameras that were supposed to watch the tourist areas ?

Is that really such a mystery to you? It's not like you're right and they are wrong. Don't you know that everyone else isn't like you and can have different styles, tastes, desires, needs, etc.?

I just gave my opinion which is partly what this forums about, nobodys right and nobodys wrong, There is a need to wear things on other parts of your body in public, but not round their neck?

• Like 1