Benelli TNT300s

jchfriis

If we bought bikes using logic and reliability data we'd all ride a Super Cub. But all of us like to ride something a bit unique.

I've admired the looks of the Benelli 300 at shows - but I heard one today and they make a surprisingly nice sound.

Not the right bike for me - but great to have the choice.

• Like 2

People are on about reliability, Chinese built etc etc. nonsense.

See the CBR300 thread for the guy's CB300 (CB286) who's engine disintegrated at 15k km and needed a whole new bottom end.coffee1.gif

I absolutely agree, for years the character-free Japs have only ever had reliability, without it they would normally be gone, trouble is the propaganda keeps people loyal. I have read a lot of threads on the Lifan 200 and have yet to hear anything bad from owners...and the damn thing is 1/3rd the price of it's competitors.

If you read my previous posting you will notice I have changed my mind about the Benelli and some of that U turn has to do with stories like I have read here and other forums.

This Italian bike does have some character, whereas the Jap machines don't and since biking is about fun, looks and sound are important.

At 34,000 baht I still believe in the Honda Wave, but bigger bikes, no.

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

See the CBR300 thread for the guy's CB300 (CB286) who's engine disintegrated at 15k km and needed a whole new bottom end.coffee1.gif

I absolutely agree, for years the character-free Japs have only ever had reliability, without it they would normally be gone, trouble is the propaganda keeps people loyal. I have read a lot of threads on the Lifan 200 and have yet to hear anything bad from owners...and the damn thing is 1/3rd the price of it's competitors.

If you read my previous posting you will notice I have changed my mind about the Benelli and some of that U turn has to do with stories like I have read here and other forums.

This Italian bike does have some character, whereas the Jap machines don't and since biking is about fun, looks and sound are important.

Road test between Benelli TNT300 - 139,000B and KTM Duke 390 - 239,000 B.

In India, where the video is shot, the KTM is cheaper than the Benelli, but in Thailand - its a whopping 100,000 B more.

The Benneli wins by a short head:

Road test between Benelli TNT300 - 139,000B and KTM Duke 390 - 239,000 B.

In India, where the video is shot, the KTM is cheaper than the Benelli, but in Thailand - its a whopping 100,000 B more.

The Benneli wins by a short head:

It's worse than that, the KTM is only around 105k Baht in India, so at 239k here it's a rip off. If the KTM was 105k I would buy one tomorrow. Powerful bike.

Theres a BIG import tax problem that KTM need to sort out , and soon , if they wish to get a decent market share . Both of these bikes are superb , but maybe the KTM is a bit too "nutty" for everyday use . Gets my vote though , but not at that price , and im a KTM fan ! .

Theres a BIG import tax problem that KTM need to sort out , and soon , if they wish to get a decent market share . Both of these bikes are superb , but maybe the KTM is a bit too "nutty" for everyday use . Gets my vote though , but not at that price , and im a KTM fan ! .

If KTM were serious about Thailand then Thai content could easily increased.

You have a good point . India has a massive market for small / medium bikes , Thailands market has just started to embrace bikes that arent "Honda" . Without more localy produced content / labour , KTM are being priced out of the market , to all but the most serious fans . Nice , and almost supprising , to see the Benelli beat the KTM .

You have a good point . India has a massive market for small / medium bikes , Thailands market has just started to embrace bikes that arent "Honda" . Without more localy produced content / labour , KTM are being priced out of the market , to all but the most serious fans . Nice , and almost supprising , to see the Benelli beat the KTM .

I think KTM prices itself out of the market. They want to be a luxury brand like ducati. The prices have just been cut a lot (which proves that they overpriced for all these years) but there is still a ridiculous markup on most bikes.

• Like 1

This is all about tax, KTM don't really have to prove themselves here, they win races and build good bikes, that is why Boarman and McGreggor wanted them until the KTM marketing men blew them out. The 2 wallies were then forced to ride lumbering BMWs instead, who knew there would be a big backup crew when these celebrities fell off.

In the UK there is also a price differential, Benelli £3700, KTM £4500, so there are tax penalties there too, nothing to do with the manufacturers, all about "smoke filled rooms".

Both these bikes are designed in the west and built in 3rd world countries, so the taxman decides...somehow.

This is all about tax, KTM don't really have to prove themselves here, they win races and build good bikes, that is why Boarman and McGreggor wanted them until the KTM marketing men blew them out. The 2 wallies were then forced to ride lumbering BMWs instead, who knew there would be a big backup crew when these celebrities fell off.

In the UK there is also a price differential, Benelli £3700, KTM £4500, so there are tax penalties there too, nothing to do with the manufacturers, all about "smoke filled rooms".

Both these bikes are designed in the west and built in 3rd world countries, so the taxman decides...somehow.

The beemers have been selling like crazy , especially since obi wan rode one around the world. KTM made a big mistake not giving the bikes to them.

Went down to the Benelli dealers to see what all the fuss is about, as their new bikes getting rave reviews in the press....

TNT 600i (4cyl) is 295,000 B on the road, incl free 1st class insurance.

TNT 300 (2cy) is 139,000 B on the road, inlc free 1st class insurance.

They are also offering a free Benelli back pack on all bikes registered in Aug / Sept.

The pictures don't do the bikes justice - they are spot on in the flesh and look very well put together, with nice touches like twin Brembo front brakes, exposed trellice frame with adjustable Sachs rear shock and Marzocchi USD forks - No other bikes can match this spec for the price.

Sat on them both and can report a nice comfortable riding position, well positioned foot pegs and nicely padded seats with contrasting stitching.

I was impressed.....

post-95864-0-86925900-1440845303_thumb.j

post-95864-0-61579800-1440845342_thumb.j

post-95864-0-41255600-1440845364_thumb.j

post-95864-0-38923700-1440845412_thumb.j

• Like 1

The beemers have been selling like crazy , especially since obi wan rode one around the world. KTM made a big mistake not giving the bikes to them.

They should have realised that celebrity matters more than ability when it comes to TV, just look at all the talentless young people on the TV.

Went down to the Benelli dealers to see what all the fuss is about, as their new bikes getting rave reviews in the press....

They are also offering a free Benelli back pack on all bikes registered in Aug / Sept.

The pictures don't do the bikes justice - they are spot on in the flesh and look very well put together, with nice touches like twin Brembo front brakes, exposed trellice frame with adjustable Sachs rear shock and Marzocchi USD forks - No other bikes can match this spec for the price.

Sat on them both and can report a nice comfortable riding position, well positioned foot pegs and nicely padded seats with contrasting stitching.

I was impressed.....

attachicon.gifa6.jpg

attachicon.gifa3.jpg

attachicon.gifa11.jpg

attachicon.gifa7.jpg

Where is this dealership and when you said it was comfortable riding position, how tall are you and what build?

I was impressed.....

attachicon.gifa6.jpg

attachicon.gifa3.jpg

attachicon.gifa11.jpg

attachicon.gifa7.jpg

Where is this dealership and when you said it was comfortable riding position, how tall are you and what build?

have many dealerships throughout THailand, per dealers map below:

http://www.benelli-thailand.co.th/%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2/

Mate just purchased a tnt300 has 100ks on it.. Took it for a spin around the block... Its a heavy bike.. Feels heavier then my cbr600rr.

Also feels like th back of the bike is too low for me... 6'1..

The engine sounds nice..

Sent from my c64

'twin Brembo front brakes, exposed trellice frame with adjustable Sachs rear shock and Marzocchi USD forks'

Are you sure about that mate I am sure I went and had a look and was told the version with those components was only for the Euro market, when I looked the brake's on the ones in the showroom said benelli and not brembo same with the forks, still looked nice though but just a shame there is not an ABS option....

edit, talking about the 600 not the 300!

Edited by mark131v

Sachs shock and Marzocchi forks are <deleted> anyways (speaking from experience with the same components on my Diavel.

Diavel and Benelli 600 use same components?

?

Not the same parts (shocks and forks) obviously but from the same manufacturers and they're &lt;deleted&gt;!

I can't say that having Sachs shock and Marzocchi forks is a bonus and that it increase the bike's value, quite the opposite. The cheap stock ninja 300 suspension performs way better and not even adjustable (other than shock preload).

yes but at least those people go buy a honda and have problems with it.

and no one buys benelli and no problems.

for every Benelli sold maybe 100s or maybe 1000s of hondas leave the dealers.

so, anyone here bought one? Any real life reviews?

or just talking the talk: how great benelli is? without any idea or any test ride?

I passed by one of them recently and it really sounds good but get close it looks really low quality. upside down fork or steel brake hoses does not mean anything or not a guarantee for quality or for a better ride.

and it is very heavy at 200 KG when i checked specs.

definitely prefer to pay 40 000 more and get the new mt 03. lighter, more powerful , better looking and it is a yamaha. At least you know what you are riding with Yamaha but Benelli...?

Edited by maykilceksin
  • Like 1

I like the Yamaha as well but a close look shows a lot of corner cutting too finish wise

Agree.

People are on about buying budget, low spec, beginner bikes, and honestly expect top-end specs and finish, etc?

Look at the little chopstick forks and swing arm on the 286cc Thai manufactured Honda (One that hasn't blown up.)

But then you just need to go to any Honda dealership and look at the level of the employees they hire, and it is quite amazing that people give them any sort of credit.

coffee1.gif

yes but at least those people go buy a honda and have problems with it.

and no one buys benelli and no problems.

for every Benelli sold maybe 100s or maybe 1000s of hondas leave the dealers.

so, anyone here bought one? Any real life reviews?

or just talking the talk: how great benelli is? without any idea or any test ride?

I passed by one of them recently and it really sounds good but get close it looks really low quality. upside down fork or steel brake hoses does not mean anything or not a guarantee for quality or for a better ride.

and it is very heavy at 200 KG when i checked specs.

definitely prefer to pay 40 000 more and get the new mt 03. lighter, more powerful , better looking and it is a yamaha. At least you know what you are riding with Yamaha but Benelli...?

Thats what's the appeal of the Benneli - Hondas are everywhere, people doing the same old same old jollying them up...

Having gone down the local Benneli dealers and given the 300 a good looking over, i would say you are looking at a decent quality product for the price.....

Edited by metisdead
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

To many Farangs , these type of bikes are beginner bikes , but to many , they are "big" bikes . Not built to the quality of say a Ducati , but not the price either . The components on the Italian Benelli do indeed look much better than those on the India / Thai Honda . I agree the standard of workmanship at Honda dealerships is appaling , but the sub-standard work now stands out more at the Honda dealerships , as in previous years their products , and workmanship , was much better . Maybe this ongoing lowering of Honda standards just stands out more .

• Like 1