Toyota Corolla

We bought this car in June, and picked it up the end of July. I have been driving Corollas in the U.S. for the last 20 years, with great success. The same goes for this Thai built car. I have been getting great gas mileage about 37 MPG and this new engine uses 95 octane. A little more expensive in Thailand but I just want to let everyone know this is a great car for the money.

Barry

We bought this car in June, and picked it up the end of July. I have been driving Corollas in the U.S. for the last 20 years, with great success. The same goes for this Thai built car. I have been getting great gas mileage about 37 MPG and this new engine uses 95 octane. A little more expensive in Thailand but I just want to let everyone know this is a great car for the money.

Barry

Are you sure about that rating? Doesn't make sense for a 1.6L Toyota (new) to use a gas that is being phased out and at that high a rating (95).

Edited by tywais

Absolutely sure. The dealer told us to use either 95 or gasahol, and on the gas door of the car it says 95. I also have an owners manual in English and that says the same thing.

Barry

Just seemed odd to me, but as long as it says 95 on the door and certain it is gasahol compliant then should be no problem. Just saw on the website the 1.6 uses 95 and the 1.8 uses 91, just thought it would be the other way around or both using 91.

Curious as to whether you have tried the gasahol yet and what the mileage and performance difference is?

I think both the 1.6 and the 1.8 in the new G model uses 95, but i'm not 100% sure about the 1.8. Anyway it's because the introduced a new engingine in Thailand. I think it's the one they have been using in Singapore.

I've checked my mileage every time i've filled up and converted it to MPG since I am from the states and wouldn't know how many kilometres per litre are good. I'm getting 36 MPG in the city and 37.5 mpg on the highway. Not bad for an automatic.

Barry