CM bars closing at midnight, What's your experience?

piewarmer

Monkey Club has quite a bit of land including at least one big parking lot (it I am not mistaken.) It will be interesting to see what happens with it.

LivinLOS, walk around Warm UP Pub or Infinity around 2 AM this morning. You will find them going strong, not closing at midnight.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest 3rd person rumours as of today... sorry I wasn't there but It's worth a mention.

Top of Loi Kroh visited mid afternoon last week ..maybe Thursday. ID's checked, warnings about smoking inside and of course no alcohol sales between 2 and 5pm.

Another rumor is UN Irish had a nasty visit for selling booze mid afternoon, the apparently plan to be no alcohol sales until 5pm (for a coupla weeks)

Same story at the Blue Sky.

Couldn't sleep a few nights ago so I went out for a walk around 3:30 AM. I was shocked to hear the "thump, thump" noise still coming from Infinity, and the 100+ motorbikes parked everywhere. This was last Wednesday or Thursday night.

Once the new condos open next door I wonder how that's going to turn out.

Walking around any city at 3:30 AM is not something that is generally recommended, but your stroll does seem to reflect well upon Chiang Mai! Anyway, let's hope that you had a large dog to keep you company!

Otherwise, there does seem to be an effort --- certainly not everywhere, or at the same time --- by the local gendarme to keep things relatively cool so that Chiang Mai is never considered the "Sin City of the North." (We all know where that city to the South is!) During the "high season" BIB do seem to focus on the more "touristy" area." What area is that? Draw a short radius around Thapae Gate. Fair enough. Chiang Mai is a family place to visit!

Now, isn't the "heat" generally off ?

The latest 3rd person rumours as of today... sorry I wasn't there but It's worth a mention.

Top of Loi Kroh visited mid afternoon last week ..maybe Thursday. ID's checked, warnings about smoking inside and of course no alcohol sales between 2 and 5pm.

Another rumor is UN Irish had a nasty visit for selling booze mid afternoon, the apparently plan to be no alcohol sales until 5pm (for a coupla weeks)

Same story at the Blue Sky.

Big C at Mae Hia stopped selling alcohol between 2pm and 5pm a couple of weeks or so ago in the food court just for a few days but its back on

Dragged some visiting friends to the Brasserie feb.27 hoping to catch Tok who normally takes to stage around midnight. The warm-up band stepped down and Tok's mates were setting-up then suddenly the waiter came over and apologetically asked to clear the bill and said "police,sorry"..... I didn't notice any cops around, no time sooner the place was cleared out.

So after enduring 3hrs of wandering around the night bazaar the hoped for high-light of the evening was kiboshed. Oh Well.

Edited by HaleySabai

Closing bars at midnight is just stupid and backward, that's when the night BEGINS!

If ChiangMai wants to be a part of the real world they should not close before 3 or 4AM.

Chiang Mai is special, at least in their own head and that is the real world to themwhistling.gif

Closing bars at midnight is just stupid and backward, that's when the night BEGINS!

If ChiangMai wants to be a part of the real world they should not close before 3 or 4AM.

Tons of discos and bars around PP Condo. You will be fine there. It's also a nice way to save a few bucks.