Bartender arrested for selling shisha, hookah

Lite Beer

Bartender arrested for selling shisha, hookah
Eakkapop Thongtub

1423379078_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Kathu police officers raided a shisha service shop in Patong, Kathu early Saturday morning (February 7) and arrested the 26-year-old Burmese worker behind the counter.

Police arrested shop worker, Tern Zer Oo, 26 of Myanmar, shortly after 2am Saturday (Feb 7) for operating a shop that sells the tobacco-flavored product, shisha (baraku in Thai) which is prohibited in Phuket. The import of shisha is also prohibited in all of Thailand.

Confiscted items included 3 boxes of shisha and other smoking equipment like hookahs. Though the shop, which sits on Sirirat Rd, also sells alcohol police say it's focus was the sale of the banned product.

All over Thailand, police have been cracking down the sale of shisha.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bartender-arrested-for-selling-shisha-hookah-50934.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-08

Doesn't seem to be any crackdown in Pattaya.

It is rampant all over the entertainment district, and lately they are starting to smoke it inside enclosed Go Go bars, which smells terrible and makes you want to choke when you walk in. If it is going to be tolerated, then it should at least be confined to outdoor areas where it will not be a fire hazard, or health hazard to non smokers.

The Go Go bars that are selling / allowing consumption on the premises are losing customers because of it. Mind you they seem to think that they will be able to make up the lost business by serving the middle eastern crowd. Wrong!!!

• Like 2

Is this not the work of our brave junta ? Reconciliation by banning some tobacco and sex enhancement products ? The new government has done the unthinkable. One can now use the word "prudish" in the same sentence as "Thailand". Even Singapore has hookahs. It would be funny if were not so sad.

• Like 1

Is this not the work of our brave junta ? Reconciliation by banning some tobacco and sex enhancement products ? The new government has done the unthinkable. One can now use the word "prudish" in the same sentence as "Thailand". Even Singapore has hookahs. It would be funny if were not so sad.

Actually, it was banned in Singapore last year: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sale-import-of-shisha-to/1497082.html (though there's a phase out period)

It is rampant all over the entertainment district, and lately they are starting to smoke it inside enclosed Go Go bars, which smells terrible and makes you want to choke when you walk in. If it is going to be tolerated, then it should at least be confined to outdoor areas where it will not be a fire hazard, or health hazard to non smokers.

The Go Go bars that are selling / allowing consumption on the premises are losing customers because of it. Mind you they seem to think that they will be able to make up the lost business by serving the middle eastern crowd. Wrong!!!

There must be 2 different things going on here then.

I was introduced to my electronic cigarette in Loei. I buy the juice from a local guy but one of the main suppliers is from Israel.

I have been online and checked out all of the ingredients thoroughly and none of them are hazardous to your health.

This has enabled me to give up tobacco and I feel much better about that and save a boatload of money.

I fail to see where this is a health hazard to non smokers any more than eating pork is a health hazard to a muslim. It is a knee jerk reaction without thought.

I use a grape flavour and everyone says how nice it smells.

This is overreaction in its infancy.

• Like 1

Shisha is a flavoured tobacco, not a tobacco flavoured product - big difference. I don't smoke, and never have, but what on earth is wrong with shisha? It is not a drug, just flavoured tobacco...

So a completely different thing from what is sold online as shisha?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I was introduced to my electronic cigarette in Loei. I buy the juice from a local guy but one of the main suppliers is from Israel.

I have been online and checked out all of the ingredients thoroughly and none of them are hazardous to your health.

This has enabled me to give up tobacco and I feel much better about that and save a boatload of money.

I fail to see where this is a health hazard to non smokers any more than eating pork is a health hazard to a muslim. It is a knee jerk reaction without thought.

shisha tobacco and electronic cigarette juice are two different things. For over 7 years, many academic and governmental studies by EU member states have scientifically proven that a shisha is more harmful than a cigarette. Hence many countries banned or regulated the use of shishas already. and no, forget about a lobby by the tobacco industry to put shisha tobacco in a bad spotlight. I know this for a fact.
Regarding the e-cig fuel, I'm less certain about the facts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

shisha tobacco and electronic cigarette juice are two different things. For over 7 years, many academic and governmental studies by EU member states have scientifically proven that a shisha is more harmful than a cigarette. Hence many countries banned or regulated the use of shishas already. and no, forget about a lobby by the tobacco industry to put shisha tobacco in a bad spotlight. I know this for a fact.

Can you buy tobacco flavor juice in Phuket????

The worst thing for me is the motorbike delivery men who charge up and down a one-way street wielding braziers of hot coals, showering sparks on to my clothes. It is said one helping of shishais worse for your health than 20 cigarettes.

E-cigs are still toxic:

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20150121/high-levels-of-cancer-linked-chemical-in-e-cigarette-vapor-study-finds

Nicotine is a CNS toxin and carcinogenic. Ganja is not a toxin, and is an anti-carcinogenic.

O-vape pins with THC is the safest drug in the world. Safer than aspirin, tobbaco (any form, including patches), alcohol and all prescription drugs.

Nicotine is certainly not carcinogenic and is only toxic if you take too much of it. If you take too much water you can die of water intoxification too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Misinformation at its finest as usual in here

E-cigs are still toxic:
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20150121/high-levels-of-cancer-linked-chemical-in-e-cigarette-vapor-study-finds

Nicotine is a CNS toxin and carcinogenic. Ganja is not a toxin, and is an anti-carcinogenic.

O-vape pins with THC is the safest drug in the world. Safer than aspirin, tobbaco (any form, including patches), alcohol and all prescription drugs.

E-cigs are still toxic:

Says a stoner.....haha we get where you are coming from.

No, the previous government declared it illegal.

E-cigs are still toxic:

This "study" was the equivalent of saying a steak contains a high dose of carcinogens if you let it burn on a BBQ for a few hours in a row. Same study didn't find any trace of harmful substances under normal condition of e-cig usage.

Please don't relay the propaganda financed by tobacco industry.

Mu‘assel (Arabic: معسل‎ which means "honeyed"), or shisha, is a syrupy tobacco mix containing molasses and vegetable glycerol which is smoked in a hookah.

Very dangerous substance indeed......

Soo... "Normal" tobacco is allowed but scented or flavored tobacco is illegal??? I mean both substances kill people every year by just being tobacco. So if one kills a little more than the other it is illegal. So where is the limit of how many dies that it becomes illegal??

The logic......

Edited by AlQaholic