Incorrect Enter By Date on Non Imm O

Hi all,

I visited Savannakhet in August last year and obtained, what I thought, was a 1 year Non-Imm O visa.

Coming through the airport today they pointed out the visa was only valid for 3 months (August through November). The Issued by date, visa type and visa cost (5000 THB) all suggest the visa should of been for 1 year and it is certainly what I applied for. The mistake is on the Enter By date, which shows only 3 months instead of a year. I compared with a previous Non O and the current visa is incorrect.

Is there any chance of getting this fixed through Bangkok Immigration or is my best bet to re-apply and next time double check the visa covers 1 year?

Thank you for any advice.

I assume they stamped you in for another 90 days. It is odd it was not noticed before.

I don't think immigration can correct the visa sticker.

You should go to the consular affairs department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. They can fix a visa error.

I assume they stamped you in for another 90 days. It is odd it was not noticed before.

You should go to the consular affairs department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. They can fix a visa error.

He didn't say if it was a single-entry or multiple-entry visa. Wouldn't that make a difference.

He didn't say if it was a single-entry or multiple-entry visa. Wouldn't that make a difference.

He wrote that everything else on the visa sticker shows it is a multiple entry visa but the enter before.date. It shows he paid a 5000 fee for it.

you can't fix this you have to go back to the same Immigration office that issued it to fix it

I had the same problem if it was issued in your country cross the boarder and get a tourists visa

only way you can stay

I assume you mean an embassy or consulate. There are no immigration offices outside the country.

Did you try to have fixed and if so where. It has been reported that the consular affairs department will correct visa errors.

whistling.gif

I visited Savannakhet in August last year and obtained, what I thought, was a 1 year Non-Imm O visa.

Are you absolutely sure of that?

Usually if is a one year multri-entry visa it should say that somewhere.

Actually, I hope you are right.......otherwise it may be that you are on overstay now.

I know it sounds like I'm being critical, but NEVER leave a consulate or embessy until you are 100% sure you actually have the visa you expected to get.

whistling.gif

Are you absolutely sure of that?

Usually if is a one year multri-entry visa it should say that somewhere.

Actually, I hope you are right.......otherwise it may be that you are on overstay now.

I know it sounds like I'm being critical, but NEVER leave a consulate or embessy until you are 100% sure you actually have the visa you expected to get.

Why would he be on an overstay?

He did a reply saying he got a 30 day entry because they noticed his enter before date was only for 3 months after the visa was issued instead of 12 months.

The visa would have an M in the entries space to show it is a multiple entry visa.

OK I am new at this but when the visa is issued you have 90 days in which to enter or the visa is null. That's why when applying for non o marriage or retirement you need to do so within 90 days of your travel to Thailand. Ubonjoe please let me know if this is correct or not. I'm getting my info from thai consulate in Los Angeles.

OK I am new at this but when the visa is issued you have 90 days in which to enter or the visa is null. That's why when applying for non o marriage or retirement you need to do so within 90 days of your travel to Thailand. Ubonjoe please let me know if this is correct or not. I'm getting my info from thai consulate in Los Angeles.

That is for a single entry visa. There are also multiple entry visa. that is what the OP paid for but got the wrong stamping.

A non imm visa stamp in the passport has the amount you paid for it on the stamp ??

Must be very different from my last stamp (admittedly a long way back now) no payment amount on mine.

It a sticker now and they do have the fee on them. Just checked my last visa sticker from 2008 and it has the the 2000 baht fee for a single entry non-o on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on the incorrect Enter by date. I was advised to go to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration / Consular division to rectify the issue. We explained the situation as above and the staff were very helpful and said they could assist. They confirmed my application with the Thai Consul in Savannakhet, which took a couple of days, then called to let me know they could make the change. I couriered my passport over and they corrected the Enter By date for me. I will need to leave soon to get a new 90 stamp which is much more preferable than having to go through the application process again.

Thank you all for your feedback. I hope this thread is helpful to future readers.

• Like 1