Farang neighbour almost sets house on fire out of crowing rage

Thaivisa News

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly suspect that all those making disparaging comments about Thais in Thailand also moaned like hell about immigrants not fitting into their home countries. Amazing and myopic hypocrisy.....the spirit of colonialism and of the white man's infallibility is clearly alive and well in Thaivisa....unfortunately. But hey! It's cool to be macho in an anonymous forum, right?

You are doomed for this comment!

.......There are plenty of Thais, most I would guess, who do not like noisy hens, chickens etc.

Most Thais I've met are either stone cold deaf or are doing all they can do to get that way.

....HMMMM. Maybe that's the answer. SHoot a .44 magnum a foot away from our ears till we are deaf. Seems to be the only way to deal with noise in Thailand.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I understand to some extent your pattern of thought >>> http://news.yahoo.com/17-old-boy-shot-killed-during-russian-roulette-174617146.html

• 9 months later...

I can relate. I live in an upscale suburban area. No farms, no other livestock but <deleted>' roosters all over the place.

Are fireworks effective against roosters? I mean just the sound from the explosions, not as a means to incinerate them.

I was this close to buying a ferret I saw at a market today, at least with that running around the neighborhood the chickens would be feeding the ferret instead of making more damn roosters.

I wonder if foxes make good pets? My fox ate all your fowl again,... again? mai ben rai

Go native -Monitor lizard

Listen to this guy, pissed myself laughing

Never ceased to be amazed by the sense of entitlement certain foreigners have on these forums. Hate dogs, hate chickens, are happy when my Thai neighbours don't talk to me anymore, don't want to speak Thai, can't stand my wife's family blah blah blah and on and on it goes. Must make it a nightmare to live here... in fact if you don't like it so much why not do what most sensible people would do and just move on

We don't move on simply because we love pi××ing you off.

One wonders what he would have done if he had a karaoke joint next door,

a town dweller i suspect.

regards Worgeordie

Well he has chosen to live in Amphur Muang, which is classed as town.

I think it's really annoying to have that noise next door to you.

Exactly right. It is illegal in Thailand to have fowl in a town or any built up area due to disease etc BUT as is normal here in Thailand, to hell with the laws. I had such a rooster beside me who just didn't crow in the early morning but all day every 3 minutes. It was driving me mad.

I bought 2 speakers that you could plug a memory stick into (tesco sell them for 4000 baht) and I recorded a bull bellowing (downloaded it for free) and placed the speakers on the inside of my house window on her side. When I went to work in the morning at 7:15, I turned on the speakers and left them on until 5 pm when I returned.

She complained to the puu yai, he came to talk to me and the wife (she goes to work also) and she explained about the neighbors rooster crowing non-stop all day everyday. A compromise was reached and the neighbor gave the rooster to her son. Problem solved and the old bitch doesn't talk to us any more. Double result.

When if affects them it's a different story. Fight fire with fire but be nice. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Did you have a friendly word with the owner first or did you just go ahead with your cunning plan? It must be quite exciting for a 12 year old like you growing up in Thailand.

coffee1.gif

This is an old post but YES, the wife asked her on a number of occasions if she could remove the bird. All she got was a toothless grin and the usual &lt;deleted&gt;. This is the same neighbor who burns her trash in her garden, hacks the trees and shrubs on OUR side and built the roof of her home over 1 meter into our garden. She did it when we were on Holidays and didn't think we would notice. When asked to take it down and build it again but on her side, we got the usual 'but its finished now, can we not leave it?'

She was the neighbor from hell but now not so much. My wife no longer takes any crap from any inconsiderate neighbors.

Now I am off to play with my Tonka truck. After all I am only 12 years old.

"My poor chickens, arrest and deport this terrorist of chickens". PM Prayuth praises the heroic actions of Jurirat Pathama calling for chicken terrorists to be a main proirity for his government to eradicate them from Thailand. A pole conducted by Suckseed polytechnic says 96% agree with the PM. The new army chief has been notified and says he has sent soldiers to protect chickens nationwide. Mean while the Peoples Democratic Army for Chickens leader Suthep said ducks and geese should also recieve protection from the army as long as they paid him protection money.

Edited by Wilsonandson

I've been living for over five years in a house with crowing roosters just one door down. Have gotten used to it. In fact, not only have I gotten used to the roosters but the barking dogs too. Even the pickup trucks with the megaphones on top. This is what it's like to live here. This really is a case where the foreigner needs to get used to it or leave for quieter surroundings in a different community or country.

It's a good job she never had a big cock, then he would really be upset!

Maybe he is upset because she doesn't have a big cock. He may have misunderstood the original real estate ad that said a lady with cocks will be living next door. Now he is ticked off because he has to go into town to see some three legged ladies

It probably won`t be long before the Farlang throws poison into the bird`s pen. Hope one of his crackers explodes in his face.

So you'd rather have a human beings face blown off by a cracker than a bird poisoned. Now we know why Thailand has such a terrible human rights record.

As you`re asking, then my personal opinion is yes to those that try to lay down the law and use bullying tactics to overpower others, as in this case an elderly lady.

If the man threw fireworks at my animals on my property, endangering our lives by actions that could cause serious injury or a fire, I would walk over there and ram the thing down his throat or shove it where the sun don`t shine.

I can't stand the bloody chickens either, they start about 4am every morning then every half hour after that, combined with the melancholy droning buddhist chanting from the local temple which they kindly amplify over the loudspeakers from 5am, then my neighbour's dogs start to wake up (she has about 12) which like to howl in unison, fight (and thus yelp) and quite recently one of the younger ones has started to pester my family's cats and will just stand a few metres away from them barking continuously like a 'dog alarm' until I get out there and throw a lump of concrete from our disintergrated front path at it.... one day I might be lucky and actually hit it.

Don't Forget the Beeping and Mumbling Loudspeaker guy selling items out of his truck

It probably won`t be long before the Farlang throws poison into the bird`s pen. Hope one of his crackers explodes in his face.

So you'd rather have a human beings face blown off by a cracker than a bird poisoned. Now we know why Thailand has such a terrible human rights record.

As you`re asking, then my personal opinion is yes to those that try to lay down the law and use bullying tactics to overpower others, as in this case an elderly lady.

If the man threw fireworks at my animals on my property, endangering our lives by actions that could cause serious injury or a fire, I would walk over there and ram the thing down his throat or shove it where the sun don`t shine.

so, this case apart, you uphold the right to annoy and disturb your neighbours without any thought to 'your animals' causing them distress?

This topic is eight months old? Amazed no one mentioned using 'white noise' i.e. a couple of fans going in the bedroom, or even downloadable white noise from the internet. It will cover up most noises, chickens, cars, bikes, talking, music. If your bedroom is completely silent at night, you will be disturbed by every little noise.

Chickens in a mooban. Why?

For the same reason as having dogs.

Just simply to have them.

Just like every 5 year old wants to have a goldfish in a small bowl.

When the 5 year old feels like it, he will look at it, talk to it, show it to his friends, or even feed it.

But he will never refresh the water.

I've been living for over five years in a house with crowing roosters just one door down. Have gotten used to it. In fact, not only have I gotten used to the roosters but the barking dogs too. Even the pickup trucks with the megaphones on top. This is what it's like to live here. This really is a case where the foreigner needs to get used to it or leave for quieter surroundings in a different community or country.

So wise!

Have you ever tried to share your wisdom with a Thai that has lived some years in Farangland?

So wise!

Have you ever tried to share your wisdom with a Thai that has lived some years in Farangland?

Please stop with the Thai bashing ! It reminds me of this story a couple of years ago in my home country. This city girl, a journalist, moved to the country side and soon started a conflict with the local farmers because of a smelly pig den that was there long before she moved there, actually was there even before she was even born. She wrote a column in her newspaper to complain how the locals were backwater uneducated inconsiderate deeply annoying people. Then she started garnering the support of her fellow big city intellectuals in her fight against the "peasants". She was so successful that she managed to alienate everybody in the small village where she has decided to moved in that she had to move out before the end of the year.

And there is even more stories of hippies in the seventies who moved to rural communities to come back to the city within a couple of years because they couldn't fit in.

Urban ignorance and stupidity when it comes to rural life knows no border.

"My poor chickens, arrest and deport this terrorist of chickens". PM Prayuth praises the heroic actions of Jurirat Pathama calling for chicken terrorists to be a main proirity for his government to eradicate them from Thailand. A pole conducted by Suckseed polytechnic says 96% agree with the PM. The new army chief has been notified and says he has sent soldiers to protect chickens nationwide. Mean while the Peoples Democratic Army for Chickens leader Suthep said ducks and geese should also recieve protection from the army as long as they paid him protection money.

News Update! Must read!

Meanwhile in a new development, The Earthworm Liberation Front ( provisonals) has released a press communique in which they denounce this blatant form of racism.

"We may not have the poison of our snake relatives, but there are many of us" a spokesworm was quoted to have said. "We do a lot of useful work in soil improvement, and anyway this is a matter of principle" he added.

The PM has not commented yet, as he has some urgent statue-issues to take of.

The ex PM has also not commented yet, as she has some urgent rice-issues to take care of.

"That clearly shows where their priorities are" the spokesworm fulminated.

The chickens can be annoying at timrs, but trying to burn them down is a bit extreme - not to mention dangerous.

Imagine if the lady's house had caught fire and she perished in it. All of that for the sake of a few chickens. Not worth it.

If something annoys you to the point that you start doing crazy things, then it's time to seriously consider moving.

I can't stand the bloody chickens either, they start about 4am every morning then every half hour after that, combined with the melancholy droning buddhist chanting from the local temple which they kindly amplify over the loudspeakers from 5am, then my neighbour's dogs start to wake up (she has about 12) which like to howl in unison, fight (and thus yelp) and quite recently one of the younger ones has started to pester my family's cats and will just stand a few metres away from them barking continuously like a 'dog alarm' until I get out there and throw a lump of concrete from our disintergrated front path at it.... one day I might be lucky and actually hit it.

living the dream. whistling.gif

So wise!

Please stop with the Thai bashing ! It reminds me of this story a couple of years ago in my home country. This city girl, a journalist, moved to the country side and soon started a conflict with the local farmers because of a smelly pig den that was there long before she moved there, actually was there even before she was even born. She wrote a column in her newspaper to complain how the locals were backwater uneducated inconsiderate deeply annoying people. Then she started garnering the support of her fellow big city intellectuals in her fight against the "peasants". She was so successful that she managed to alienate everybody in the small village where she has decided to moved in that she had to move out before the end of the year.

And there is even more stories of hippies in the seventies who moved to rural communities to come back to the city within a couple of years because they couldn't fit in.

You never liked them commie hippies did you?

So wise!

+1 spot on! I couldn't agree more.

So wise!

+1 spot on! I couldn't agree more.

Will you 2 stop the Thai bashing?

Not all Thai are hillbillies.

You are grossly generalizing.