Israeli leader faces pressure to cancel US Congress speech

webfact

I did not miss it. The guy makes valid points. Do you think his political opponents are going to do anything but rip him apart, right before an election?

I think that you are not aware of the chain of events which led to his Paris visit.

I think that quoting a henchman as proof that the trip and Netanyahu's conduct were seen in a positive light is misleading.

I think that not accepting that the whole trip was part of an election campaign is naive at best.

• Like 2

I kind of liked the Paris visit. I think he needed to be there because the parade was almost all about Charlie Hebdo and people were ignoring the antisemitic murders at the grocery store. Maybe French Jews didn't like it ... I don't know. When he visited the Paris synagogue, he seemed welcome. I do think he went overboard on the migration based on fear push though.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

More voices to Bibi -- Do not come!

Reich, too, called on Netanyahu to “bite the bullet and postpone his address.”

Jacobs explained that his call for Netanyahu to cancel the planned visit stems from his concern that it would not serve the broader goal of making sure a deal signed with Iran does not endanger Israel. It also reflects his fear that the controversy surrounding Netanyahu’s speech could turn Israel into a partisan issue in American politics.

“This is something we in the Jewish community cannot afford,” Jacobs said. “That’s what’s in stake.”

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/214346/reforms-rick-jacobs-presses-benjamin-netanyahu-to/?p=all#ixzz3RGwrmx8Y