Frenchman assaulted at South Pattaya Motel

webfact

Have i got this right or wrong? When a foreigner invites / takes back a thai girl to his hotel room, she ( or maybe he ) has to leave the thai ID card at the hotel reception desk, until they leave with the person who took them to the hotel. This was always a security thing in the past as my freinds were going on about it before in Phuket. If this is not, why, the hotel and the girls should be strung up by there---tubes

I agree but it is possible the interpretation of the story is slightly skewed, he could likely be a long term resident and in most cases it is probably up to him to ensure id cards are left, a lot of these cheap rented rooms won't even have reception or security on hand late at night to provide such a service

a few weeks ago, i was in Bangkok and had 2 ladies wink.png with deep voices , tried to follow me to my hotel...after a heated arguement 1 tried to rob me, the other tried to punch me...being as intoxicated as they were they were easy to fend off and both of them fell in a heap on the floor.... with a little help from a twitching elbow that just happened to strike out wink.png people out late at night need to stay away from these types, they are bad news... especially older gentlemen or drunken chaps , thats who they mostly go for, being the big cowards that they are

They probably promised him something, but having got back to the room, then refused and still demanded the money.

They will get the money from Farangs, one way or another.

I always get a room with a safe. I tell the girl to go and shower and lock everything in the safe, except the agreed fee. Thats all they can get, but he is an old man, and they showed no respect, thats what is wrong with Thailand in general now. No respect and a hatred for foreigners, its all about the baht.

Put yourself in a Thai's place, or imagine you are back in your home country and it is quite poor by world standards.

From your perspective all you see is thousands upon thousands of "rich" male tourists coming to your country and a fair percentage of them only visiting to f&@k your women, behave badly and generally disrespect your culture.

Would you respect them? Would you hate them?

I guess you locking everything in the safe with your girl for hire shows a lot of respect too.

A similar situation happened in World War 2 when the US servicemen came to both the UK and Australia - plenty of money so the girls flocked to them. The rest of the population despised them.

I believe there was quite a fight/battle in Queensland between the US servicemen and Aussies because of this.

From Wiki

The Battle of Brisbane was two nights of rioting between United States military personnel on one side and Australian servicemen and civilians on the other, in Brisbane,Queensland's capital city, on 26–27 November 1942, during which time the two nations were allies. By the time the violence had been quelled, one Australian soldier was dead, and hundreds of Australians and U.S. servicemen had been injured.[1] News reports of these incidents were suppressed due to the war.

• Like 1

Have i got this right or wrong? When a foreigner invites / takes back a thai girl to his hotel room, she ( or maybe he ) has to leave the thai ID card at the hotel reception desk, until they leave with the person who took them to the hotel. This was always a security thing in the past as my freinds were going on about it before in Phuket. If this is not, why, the hotel and the girls should be strung up by there---tubes

Clearly you have associated with the higher echelons of society. At the lower end of the short-time hotel or cheap motel range, ID is neither requested from nor provided by the clientele. You should acquaint yourself with the sleazier side of Thai society sometime.

You should acquaint yourself with the sleazier side of Thai society sometime.

Are we talking abouit hookers or the police??

Either way....no thanks Briggsy....

Edited by harleyclarkey

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They probably promised him something, but having got back to the room, then refused and still demanded the money.

I always get a room with a safe. I tell the girl to go and shower and lock everything in the safe, except the agreed fee. Thats all they can get, but he is an old man, and they showed no respect, thats what is wrong with Thailand in general now. No respect and a hatred for foreigners, its all about the baht.

Do you know what irony is?

You go on about respect while openly admitting to paying a woman to sleep with you- if you HAD respect you wouldn't do that.

You say it's all about the baht- yeah, funny how these 20 year old Thai girls don't want to sleep with men old enough to be their grandfathers free of charge, the cheek of it.

Think before you type in future.

Feel better for that rant do we ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you know what irony is?

You go on about respect while openly admitting to paying a woman to sleep with you- if you HAD respect you wouldn't do that.

You say it's all about the baht- yeah, funny how these 20 year old Thai girls don't want to sleep with men old enough to be their grandfathers free of charge, the cheek of it.

Think before you type in future.

Feel better for that rant do we ?

What rant? I was merely pointing out the posters hypocrisy claiming Thais hate farang and show no respect while admitting to breaking the law by paying for sex with a Thai woman.

If you think that's a rant my wife would make you cry when she's off on one.

Clearly you have associated with the higher echelons of society. At the lower end of the short-time hotel or cheap motel range, ID is neither requested from nor provided by the clientele. You should acquaint yourself with the sleazier side of Thai society sometime.

You should acquaint yourself with the sleazier side of Thai society sometime.

Are we talking abouit hookers or the police??

Either way....no thanks Briggsy....

Hotels, hotels not hookers. Who mentioned hookers or the police? Why would you want to go to a cheap hotel with the police. You are very mad.

Before the bigots chime in, French citizen / Lebanese or Algerian surname : there's a shared history between these countries, so let's not go there this time pls.

http://www.namespedia.com/details/Ksouri

I hope the old bloke recovers and they catch the pair responsible.

So not a real Frenchie then, thanks for clearing that up.

Apparently he'a half French, half Russian and half Algerian. I guess you could say that he really is larger than life.

Anybody get to the bottom of the 2 different news stories yet?

Quite a difference in age and different nationality, but the same name.

Typical kind of reporting here. I quite often read stories about the same incidents in the 2 local papers I look at online every day, and rarely are they telling the same story about what really happened.

Usually by reading both you can form a better educated guess, that by relying on one source.

Before the bigots chime in, French citizen / Lebanese or Algerian surname : there's a shared history between these countries, so let's not go there this time pls.

Apparently he'a half French, half Russian and half Algerian. I guess you could say that he really is larger than life.

reminds me of an old football commentator on scottish tv... " well, that was a goal and a half" ...so its really 1½ v 0 now ????

Europeans are disliked at the moment by many Thais. It's a pity for those of us that are just trying to live a blameless life, and show no malice to anyone. This evening out jogging I had two Thais come past me on a motorbike shouting 'eff off' and giving me the finger, I should have been left wondering - what the hell was that? But similar incidents of unpleasantness from the locals are almost a daily occurance. So, given this hostile atmosphere I would be extremely careful in nightlife areas. Certainly by the time I am too old to defend myself against a couple of girls, I hope that I will have long since lost interest in the carnal side of life.

If he was French would he not just have surrendered?

Europeans are disliked at the moment by many Thais.

Many Thais here just dislike anyone foreign (including other Asians). I dont think that Europeans get special attention in this, nor do I think there is anything temporary about it.

There is a lot of resentment also, and desire to get anything and everything they can without having to do much in return.