Thailand and Japan ink railway development agreement

webfact

Thailand and Japan ink railway development agreement

BANGKOK: -- Thailand and Japan yesterday agreements to promote cooperation between the two countries.

The cooperation was inked on the second day of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha’s 3-day visit to Japan

Yesterday Gen Prayut had a bilateral meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to discuss the elimination of obstacles to trade and investment between both countries.

According to NNT, The two leaders also touched on the investment in the East-West Corridor project, with Thailand at the centre of the implementation.

The project will facilitate Japan in expanding trade and investment into the ASEAN region.

In addition, Gen Prayut asked his Japanese counterpart to speed up the negotiation of the ASEAN-Japan Free Trade Area while inviting Japan to increase its support for Thailand’s agricultural sector as well as engage more in the railway development project and the Dawei special economic zone project.

The two leaders later witnessed the signing of a memorandum of intent on the joint Thailand-Japan rail system development and a memorandum of understanding on the promotion of Thailand’s trade and investment in Japan.

Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha also met Japan Business Federation or Keidanren yesterday where he promised to take care of Japanese businesses in Thailand.

At the meeting, the powerful Japanese business federation also raised the issue of a return to civilian rule with Gen Prayut who explained the reasons for the May 22 coup and reiterated a return to civilian rule would occur late this year or early next.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-japan-ink-railway-development-agreement

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-10

PM observing Shinkanzen system in Tokyo today

TOKYO, 10 February 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha was scheduled today to travel to Tokyo’s train station to observe the high speed train system or ‘Shinkanzen’.

General Prayut and his wife have been scheduled to visit Tokyo to observe high-speed railway operations. They will later travel to Osaka by Shinkanzen train to attend a dinner with 5 economic agencies in Kanzai, before returning to Bangkok tonight.

General Prayut’s official visit to Japan is aimed at establishing a strategic partnership between the two nations. He has met Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to discuss several cooperative efforts during their meeting yesterday. These joint projects included rail system developments, economic corridors, the Dawei project and special economic zones in the border provinces.

General Prayut also expressed his gratitude for Japan’s sympathies towards the political situation in Thailand. He claimed that general elections could be held in early 2016, after passing the draft constitution.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-10 footer_n.gif

General Prayut also expressed his gratitude for Japan’s sympathies towards the political situation in Thailand. He claimed that general elections could be held in early 2016, after passing the draft constitution.

Are you listening, dear members?

Only a year to go before Democracy is back in Thailand.

I wonder, if you can survive such a long time but I'm sure you will manage somehow.

Anyway, reading your comments in other political threads and the foul language and mockery you are using, I'm sorry to see how much your right of free speech has been oppressed by this government.

• Like 1

I wonder, if you can survive such a long time but I'm sure you will manage somehow.

Anyway, reading your comments in other political threads and the foul language and mockery you are using, I'm sorry to see how much your right of free speech has been oppressed by this government.

' Could be ' leaves a massive amount of wiggle room and is by no means something set in stone.

in 2016 or whenever it's so easy to say something like the conditions are not conducive so the election, even a decision on the election. has to be held over until the time is ' right '.

Somehow I don't think the good general explained what this "Democracy" will look like:

military appointed senate

military appointed People's Assembly

military appointed NACC

military appointed EC

military appointed Constitutional Court

military appointed Civil Service

most likely the NCPO overseeing the whole thing,

and, one gerrymandered, neutered elected House of Representatives.

• Like 2

When these people gonna understand that a memorandum of intent or memorandum of understanding are a completely different kind of animal from an agreement or a contract, and in fact at the end of the day have no value at all.

Yet again another misleading headline. The usual mouthing of platitudes to make everyone feel the warmth. If only the authorities put as much energy into actually doing something as they do to just talking then we could see positive & meaningful progress.

I still have a wait and see attitude, but the way the wind is blowing the end result seems at this point to be more exclusive than inclusive in scope..

Nonetheless, I will wait and see. Neither I, nor anyone here on TVF, has a crystal ball that works very well....no matter if you like wearing Yellow Sunshades or Red Sunglasses.tongue.png

Also, I think the PM is making the Chinese rethink some financing strategies (+1).

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

"Only a year to go before Democracy is back in Thailand"

Democracy! is that what they call it?

Somehow I don't think the good general explained what this "Democracy" will look like:

military appointed NACC

military appointed EC

correct, the good PM wouldn't describe your fantasies

military appointed NACC

military appointed EC

No thread would be complete without an unsubstantiated, obstinate contrarian post from rubl

military appointed NACC

military appointed EC

No thread would be complete without an unsubstantiated, obstinate contrarian post from rubl

you missed me, admit it rolleyes.gif

Mind you, not sure what all this has to do with understanding or intentions in memorandii wink.png