I'm getting milked dry by issan family

"I just met a nice Thai lady who is from issan." cue money problems.... Same old <deleted>, different sucker posting.

Don't you be jumping on the band wagon too, you know quite well there's good and bad everywhere.

I know, let's tar every bird from Isaan with the same brush because we've heard stories on the internet or a mate of a mate told me he'd been ripped off.

Let's face it, exactly how many times have you heard this story, 20, 50 or even a 100 times?

Its the same old sh!te from posters like you and the other soft lad who keep regurgitating it.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This mostly happens when guys grub around at the bottom of the barrel for their partners.

I've never had any of that nonsense from a girl or her folks.

Cos you hand over the cash.......................intheclub.gif

Says the guy who admits to paying his wife a stipend every month laugh.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This mostly happens when guys grub around at the bottom of the barrel for their partners.

I've never had any of that nonsense from a girl or her folks.

Cos you hand over the cash.......................intheclub.gif

Says the guy who admits to paying his wife a stipend every month laugh.png

What is "stipend"......?.......w00t.gif

I hope to read some expert insights on this matter here on this Thai forum.

Never, and I mean NEVER! Date a person who makes less money than you.

Never, and I mean NEVER! Date a person with a dependent family.

I don't mind paying

That is your biggest mistake. You are now only an object that supplies money. That will never change (and no, love will not conquer it).

i quote,

never and i mean never date a person who makes less then you!!!

do you know how daft that is,?

do you know how much some of us earn here,?

i would of been masturbating for the rest of my life if i had listened to you,,

i make over 500,000bht a month

im more then happy with my poor farmers daughter,

clap2.gif

• Like 1

im sure there was a post about my spelling again,

telling me to take lessons,

it only gets mentioned on here, so im not really botherd,

im 54, done ok for myself through hard work not spelling,

mind you thats gone against all my grandad used to say,

he used to say hard work kills horses and f ucks tractors,,lol

there are good women all over thailand, i my view you just have to tell them from the start how its going to be, sound hard i know, but some thais have to be led by the hand, and ive worked with them too, you have to tell them many times what and how you want them to do something,

but these are just my thoughts, and im far from an expert

Chum, I have known you here for a long time..............Dismiss crap from some.......OK.....smile.png

• Like 1

Very often the girl is between two stools (fires). Most of the time the financial pressure of the family is always looming. The more you give in, the more they will ask/expect/want. This is a reality which is a disturbing element in many relationships. We hear this more often from Issaan girls because 1) Issaan girls are very popular and 2) because many Issaan families have financial problems. Most common advice on this topic is "run" which in many cases is probably the best advice..if you have money to spend, make sure you are in control. You can make your GF and her family very happy when you can ease their financial burden. My advice, do it with "cold" money (money you absolutely will not miss once it is gone) don't expect gratitude. I remember I was once in Buriram and invited her family and some friends in a restaurant. The whole village showed up and on top they ordered additional food to take home!

This aint her first rodeo.

Despite her telling you "you're the first", there is a long line of broke guys ahead of you.

They have learnt this behavior. They be fishing. You took the bait.

Stop paying and see what happens.

Never did see a dog bite a battery before.

• Like 2

Try this, by all means go out to the restaurant with the family, order up the usual amount of food and just wait for the bill to arrive.

Let it sit on the table and DO NOT pay it.

When asked just say "I have no money" and stick to it.

I've done it with the extended family, it didn't happen again.

• Like 1

If she truly loved and cared for you, she would have absolutely forbid her parents to exploit you from day one.

Clearly, you have the financial means to move to Bangkok and rent a modest condo as you are bleeding money in a matter of moments. Leave Isaan now.

Leave her. She does not respect you. Stop paying them. Make a decision. It's your choice now.

Take the dog with you and leave that unnecessary drama behind you.

Edited by Swampypoom

If she truly loved and cared for you, she would have absolutely forbid her parents to xl

Ou

Do you know anything about Thai families.................................at all ?

I don't need to. I care about my bank account. Thai Parents won't pay his bills or support him based on the manner of living they are now accustomed to since his arrival into that family.

Go and buy the book

PRIVATE DANCER

and read it on the bus out of there.

If you dont you will end up dead one way or anothersaai.gifhit-the-fan.gifcrazy.gif

I read an online extract of this book ( only 43 pages, is it the complete book ? ) ; I am at the page 31, very interesting and so true, it reminds me some situations and girls I have met before, specially the fact that the bar girl has already a Thai boy friend, and she pays everything for him with the farang money, who really thinks she is in love with him

for the OP, first thing to do is to live somewhere else, 400 kms from the family, maybe there will be less pression

If she truly loved and cared for you, she would have absolutely forbid her parents to xl

Ou

Do you know anything about Thai families.................................at all ?

I don't need to. I care about my bank account. Thai Parents won't pay his bills or support him based on the manner of living they are now accustomed to since his arrival into that family.

As I thought...................................

As well as Private Dancer, mentioned above, have a read of Thailand Fever.

Thanks for the very helpful insights. It gave me some perspective on this matter.

However, I really like it here in the issan town, so much relaxed than the other Thai cities. I guess I will start being frugal and just don't pay anything for them, though that would make them lose face(?) And then see how they react, more importantly is how my gf would react and take it from there. IfIf she choses her family above me then its bye bye baby and I'll look for a place to stay and find a "good girl".

Ou

As I thought...................................

As well as Private Dancer, mentioned above, have a read of Thailand Fever.

Which does not necessarily mean I am unfamiliar with Thai Families. I am speaking in terms of having to protect your assets at any cost and if saving his income will cost him his relationship, then he has come out ahead. Retirement doesn't pay for itself.

Thanks for the very helpful insights. It gave me some perspective on this matter.

However, I really like it here in the issan town, so much relaxed than the other Thai cities. I guess I will start being frugal and just don't pay anything for them, though that would make them lose face(?) And then see how they react, more importantly is how my gf would react and take it from there. If she choses her family above me then its bye bye baby and I'll look for a place to stay and find a "good girl".

I have never travelled to Isaan, so I cannot offer an opinion with your peaceful comforts of this town. With that being said, there are other towns around the country to explore and start a new adventure in your life. And that is always exciting, I believe for most. Alternatively, reside in Bangkok and take nice long weekends away to someplace quiet. You'll appreciate those special moments even more.

And you won't have to live frugally, only comfortably.