Multiple entry Non-O visa, Ban Laem in/out visa run still possible?

I usally go out every 3 months and make a trip out of it. However this time, I will need to do a visa run and would like to go out and back in through Ban Laem or Pakkad. I used to do this many years ago but have not been back there in a while. Is it still possible to do a same day in/out crossing for Non-O visa holders? Thank you.

whistling.gif Yes.

i did a run in Decenber to Ban Laem.

Do a google or yahoo search of the web and you will find companies who will do a one day van run to Ban Laem.

The one i used cost me 2300 Baht INCLUDING the Cambodian visa.

Leave from Bangkok early morning , 6 hours to Cambodian border, 1 hour at border to get visa stamp. and 6 hours back to Bangkok.

Add another 2 hours approximately for traffic delays and it is a 14 or 15 hour day trip.

No problems at border.

I would warn you though that your visa must be up to date and without problems as your van run probbaly WILL be stopped and checked on your way to the border.

Not a problem if your visa is in order.... but do NOT make such a run if your already in overstay because they were checking visas closely.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif Yes.

i did a run in Decenber to Ban Laem.

Do a google or yahoo search of the web and you will find companies who will do a one day van run to Ban Laem.

The one i used cost me 2300 Baht INCLUDING the Cambodian visa.

Leave from Bangkok early morning , 6 hours to Cambodian border, 1 hour at border to get visa stamp. and 6 hours back to Bangkok.

Add another 2 hours approximately for traffic delays and it is a 14 or 15 hour day trip.

No problems at border.

I would warn you though that your visa must be up to date and without problems as your van run probbaly WILL be stopped and checked on your way to the border.

Not a problem if your visa is in order.... but do NOT make such a run if your already in overstay because they were checking visas closely.

Can you tell me what company you used? Can send pm if you dont want to say. I have seen one for that price but didnt include visa

Visa run vans are being stopped but if you drive to the border yourself most likely you won't be - based on my experiences of crossing overland to Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia many times over the last few years (I've also crossed overland from Thailand to Malaysia, but not since 2003). That's why I've always gone myself and will continue going myself. Ride sharing however I think would be a good idea for those interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what TTT69 means with visa runs being stopped. Their business continues as before but they have less customers. If you are in Pattaya, Normally baan pakkad / Pshar Prum is used. Leave early in the morning, back early afternoon.

I don't know what TTT69 means with visa runs being stopped. Their business continues as before but they have less customers. If you are in Pattaya, Normally baan pakkad / Pshar Prum is used. Leave early in the morning, back early afternoon.

He means they are being stopped at checkpoints on the way to the border.