Yingluck's lawyer cries foul over search and trail

webfact

Normal people here in Bangkok are daily stopped by police who want to study their faces, look at papers and even look inside the car. Should we tell the army to let the police do their work?

Ms. Yingluck is requested to appear at court on the 19th. Ms. Yingluck is know to exploit situations to garner support for her (like at the funeral of that dear departed red-shirt a few months back). Ms. Yingluck doesn't behave as your average normal human being, so why would she or her lawyer complain when she's not approached like one?

Maybe Ms. Yingluck's lawyer should tell the NCPO that democratic countries are exploring 'less' intrusive ways of keeping track of people and even manage the people to volunteer.

"For example, applications could expand beyond access and include employee ID and location tracking."

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2881178/office-complex-implants-rfid-chips-in-employees-hands.html?nsdr=true

Did you read the part where the military had people watching her residence at night? I guess normal people get that kind of special treatment also?

Normal people stopped, thats serious BS. The only people, stopped are farangs.

She has behaved head and shoulders with more class than her captors, and many other people

If she is convicted and jailed, this country will be exactly like its northern neighbor. And if the controllers of this country think this is the remedy, they will be surprised at what happens in the future.

Sitting in the sun on the Phuket beach too long?

It's normal for Amply Rich people to be watched over by either police or Army. Normal people only get watched over by either robbers, murderers or just before the police arrests them.

Normal people stopped. Here in Bangkok along Sawan Kholok rd. near Sukhothai Rd. between 7PM and 9PM passing on the back of a motorcy I see many Thai being stopped to the point where even the motorcy drivers like to take different routes at them time.

Ms. Yingluck behaved as if none of the 700,000,000,000 Baht was of any concern to her. Questions to be responded to with 'you prosecute me for political reasons', 'democracy had died', etc.

If she convicted and jailed justice will be seen to be served and if you think there's no need for justice for this poor Amply Rich innocent girl, you might consider going back to your beach.

Stay in the shade and keep cool,

uncle rubl

Hahahah dear unc thanks for the concern smile.png

Seriously its getting that bad about stops? I just spent a few days up north your way getting some embassy paperwork. Never saw anything different except for less motorbikes on sidewalks.

Cant get to the beach with all the jetskies smile.png

Not really worse than at other times. I forgot, the stop I wrote about is done by the police only and the not too loud murmurings of the motorcy drivers seemed only aimed at the police.

PS a bit off topic, but for jetskies you should contact the former CAPO head Pol. Captain Chalerm. He's still writing his '90 days, mission accomplished' report on his eradication of the Phuket Mafia.and might be looking forward to add another chapter.

• Like 1

If she is jailed there will be a blood bath. The Junta will get support from North Korea, China and a few T party type expats. The stories about billions stolen are nonsense and lies and even then would be small beer compared to wealth that has been drained from the country for decades by previous governments and their allies. The world did not really know what happened, how it happened and why it happened to the Thai democracy movement in the 70s. But now the world is a different place. The idea that the Junta and their supporters hold any kind of moral high ground is laughable.

• Like 2

Get used to it people, this is going to become the norm here in the future by the Junta for life.

be careful what you say....you could be next (OOps.....replace could with should )

Little threat there eh wombat6 ?

Thinking about a little bit of informing are we?

• Like 2

I think she'll get the full 10 year sentence. An example to all. Might be a few protests but these will only be small. Only a week to find out. Feel like putting a bet on it, anyone know a link to such a bet.

And I'll bet, if they dared imprison her it would quickly lead to civil war.

Nah, they're just putting the frighteners on her.

These guys aren't daft enough to start the war now.

If she is jailed there will be a blood bath. The Junta will get support from North Korea, China and a few T party type expats. The stories about billions stolen are nonsense and lies and even then would be small beer compared to wealth that has been drained from the country for decades by previous governments and their allies. The world did not really know what happened, how it happened and why it happened to the Thai democracy movement in the 70s. But now the world is a different place. The idea that the Junta and their supporters hold any kind of moral high ground is laughable.

Absolutely!

Don't they know it's somewhere in the Universal Rights for Amply rich people that they should never ever be held responsible? If someone tries surely the downtrodden masses will stand up and create a bloodbath to protect the rights of their darling Amply Rich girl.

Oh, by the way, Ms. Yingluck will only be jailed if the Supreme Court would sentence her to jail which would mean they had convicted her and in their ruling gave all the necessary reasoning how and why the court came to such ruling.

Of course, we're still waiting for the charging on the 19th this month, so it might be a wee bit too early to talk about jailing. Mind you, you might be prejudiced against Ms. Yingluck.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck and her administration deserves prosecution. To fleece this nation of up to 700 billion baht is horrendous. However, instead of some BS charge such as lack of oversight, the current regime needs to publicize the trail and follow the money trail. Doubt if few members of parliament, the upper echelon of the police force or military as well as most of the "hi/so" class would survive a true probe. For this much money to have been squandered without the involvement of all sides is ridiculous.

However at best the Thai people will get a secret plea bargain deal that will lack any form of transparency. Even though Thaksin and his cronies were involved with their secret G to G deals, most of the rice mills and business is owned by the other color of the elite. That side will never receive justice in any case.

Similar to the massive corruption uncovered thus far under the current regime, most of the charges are based on LM violations. There is no effort in this country to get to the bottom of anything. The sitting government as well as all previous governments lack and will continue to lack transparency.

"There is no effort in this country to get to the bottom of anything."

Have you been asleep for the last year or so?

Please give us an example where the bottom of anything has been found. A one liner statement from you lacks credibility. You can call me asleep but in response I would call you dead. Where has there been transparency? Every time we get figures on the rice scandal or anything else the numbers never add up. It is just more blah, blah, blah from you and the rest of the elite and the idiots that support them.

Edited by bassman
  • Like 2

Her incompetence led to billions in theft/loss/ graft so she is getting the treatment she deserves

Add that people in her family have set an example they are runners ...

No sympathy from me

Hope she gets locked up for life

if someone wasted her the fools on here would say why no protection from the army..you cant please a trolling vegetable...your right lew shes lucky shes still free..and why a motorcade..she aint that special if she ever was..

Edited by winstonc

Yingluck and her administration deserves prosecution. To fleece this nation of up to 700 billion baht is horrendous. However, instead of some BS charge such as lack of oversight, the current regime needs to publicize the trail and follow the money trail. Doubt if few members of parliament, the upper echelon of the police force or military as well as most of the "hi/so" class would survive a true probe. For this much money to have been squandered without the involvement of all sides is ridiculous.

However at best the Thai people will get a secret plea bargain deal that will lack any form of transparency. Even though Thaksin and his cronies were involved with their secret G to G deals, most of the rice mills and business is owned by the other color of the elite. That side will never receive justice in any case.

Similar to the massive corruption uncovered thus far under the current regime, most of the charges are based on LM violations. There is no effort in this country to get to the bottom of anything. The sitting government as well as all previous governments lack and will continue to lack transparency.

"There is no effort in this country to get to the bottom of anything."

Have you been asleep for the last year or so?

Please give us an example where the bottom of anything has been found. A one liner statement from you lacks credibility. You can call me asleep but in response I would call you dead. Where has there been transparency? Every time we get figures on the rice scandal or anything else the numbers never add up. It is just more blah, blah, blah from you and the rest of the elite and the idiots that support them.

Well, example please, before you lose (self proclaimed) status on this site!!! Just one example is that too much to ask? Hey I love to fish also, or are you just going to troll on????

Hahahah dear unc thanks for the concern smile.png

Seriously its getting that bad about stops? I just spent a few days up north your way getting some embassy paperwork. Never saw anything different except for less motorbikes on sidewalks.

Cant get to the beach with all the jetskies smile.png

Ahh the tactic of trying to sideline the point of the discussion.

Attempt failed.

Can't see what the fuss is about. It would be more surprising if they did not keep an eye on her movements. Methinks they are just trying to play the victim (laughable) as white knights will be outraged just because she is female.

Wont be long before she appears on TV pretending to choke back tears and fluttering her eyelashes hoping that people will overlook she presided over a scam that cost the country over 600 billion baht.

Edited by longway
  • Like 2

Hahahah dear unc thanks for the concern

Cant get to the beach with all the jetskies

Ahh the tactic of trying to sideline the point of the discussion.

Attempt failed.

One example please?

I may have posted negative comments about former PM Yingluck Shinawatra, but I do respect that she did alot for women in politics in Thailand and that anyone commenting on her underage children are wrong to do so. Yes I have commented on Thaksins children but they are over 18 and are adults. Leave the little kids out of the discussions, children are innocent always.

Her incompetence led to billions in theft/loss/ graft so she is getting the treatment she deserves

Add that people in her family have set an example they are runners ...

No sympathy from me

Hope she gets locked up for life

"Her incompetence led to billions in theft/loss/ graft "

I doubt it's just incompetence

• Like 2

You know, at the risk of being contentious, may I suggest that just maybe Yingluck is not so worried about jail?

Let's face it, the conditions will not be too onerous, and by banging her up the Junta will create an instant martyr, within Thailand and internationally. She will always be the last democratically elected Prime Minister of Thailand, jailed by a Junta which overthrew her elected government. That is how it would be seen, and how it will continue to be seen. It will also guarantee her political future, and I have rather suspected for a while that she has more ambition there than many here are prepared to accept. Its a win win situation for Pheu Thai, they get a focus for opposition and the Junta stumble into a heffalump trap they have dug themselves .

Even bumbling around hassling her on her trips home will only serve to increase her support and her profile internationally. Whilst I understand that many recoil from comparing her with Au Sang Sui Key the Junta do seem determined to create an "ASSK light" if I can coin a phrase.

And, of course, if(when) the Red shirts do regain power in the future, after the political landscape has inevitably changed, then what better justification could there be for drawing the political teeth of the military rhan a newly freed Yingluck, complete with a striped sun tan!

When you think about it it is quite a heffalump trap, and the men in tight green are goose stepping straight into it!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Ms Yingluck understands that she should have the right to take the overseas trip from February 10-22, he said.

If they keep watching her movements, she won't be able to exercise her right to flee prosecution.

it was tantamount to putting her in custody

Lock her up until the court date and then ask her if being followed is 'tantamount' to being in custody.

Her brother is no doubt still offering advice as her 'caddy' and he may, at any time, tell her to do a runner. She, being 'nong', will no doubt obey. If I were Prayut, I would have every Shinawatra and close Shinawatra associate followed, wire tapped, and harassed so their criminal enterprise is disrupted. I would keep an especially close eye on Thaksin's sister with the large profile. The sooner the Shinawatras are in jail or exile, the sooner Thailand will have a chance to recover and get back on the road to democracy.

I think she'll get the full 10 year sentence. An example to all. Might be a few protests but these will only be small. Only a week to find out. Feel like putting a bet on it, anyone know a link to such a bet.

She may initially receive a lengthy sentence, which will be cut back on first appeal, cut back again on appeal to the Supreme Court and then suspended. HiSo elites don't do jail time. They either get embroiled in appeals which never seem to get heard, or get suspended sentences or do a runner and don't get extradited.

They think that will be enough to scare the rest.

Wonder if Tarit is still being investigated? And all the other muppets?

They won't be able to reduce her sentence because she, being a Shinawatra, will be unable to admit guilt. One has to confess their crime(s) to get a reduced sentence. She is probably so brain-washed by her brother's hand-picked advisors that she truly believe she is 'innocent'. No one has ever accused her of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

They think that will be enough to scare the rest.

Locking up the (relatively young and beautiful) former PM for the full ten years and proving that there will be accountability for politicians who use the public trust to line their pockets is the only way to scare the rest. Wrist slapping, deferred punishment, suspended sentences, etc. just leads to more bad behavior. It's going to take a lot to scare politicians with the way things used to be. The need to fully understand there is a new sheriff in town and he isn't like the old sheriff. There's going to be a lot more whining on this forum before the General is done with his purge.

Wonder if Tarit is still being investigated? And all the other muppets?

There will be prosecutions of co-conspirators of the Thaksin puppet government criminal enterprise over the next several years. They've begun prosecution of Mr. T's brother-in-law, ex PM Somchai, already. Prayut is enough of a patriot to not leave the job half done as his coup-leading predecessor, Gen. Sondti, did.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 2

No more was lost to graft than through any other previous corrupt governments. But the Taksins won votes and taught the Thais to expect more. As for the Plastic Thais, the Farang who live in Thailand on their expat salaries and have use of their democracy western based educations but yet support a military ****orship. Go back to The USA. You are an enemy of the Thai people.

You show your true colors: Every Farang is from the USA and we are all enemies of the Thai people? Are you insane? Or just another red troll being paid to make stupid remarks.

"No more was lost to graft....." Bull, you don't know how to count, there is a slight difference between million and billion.

Billions of baht - chickenfeed! What really put the wind up was when Yingluk decided (was told) to borrow trillions.

What really put the wind up was when Yingluk decided (was told) to borrow trillions.

And all of it off-budget with no oversight!

• Like 1

run yingluck run

Get while you still can

NLA, NCAC = Kangaroo court

Well, for your information it's actually

NLA = National Legislative Assembly

NACC = National Anti-Corruption Commission

Poor Ms. Yingluck and her Lawyer, are they getting treated

the same as us regular folk?

I have been stopped quite often when I am in country.

I guess she is getting treated the same way that most of us

have been, and are still getting treated.

If the former PM and her brother and family don't have their

high status any more, it is just as well. It is time that

their family and other richy, rich , families feel the same as

the regular class.

I guess I am just a cynical old geezer who does not have

much sympathy for rich people in general.

• Like 2