Thai Minister asserts respect for rights of individuals summoned for 'attitudinal discussion

webfact

Interior Minister asserts respect for rights of individuals summoned for 'attitudinal discussions'
By Digital Content

14236202271280-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 11 -- Thialand's government and its National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has not infringed on the rights of any individual summoned for attitudinal discussions, said Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paojinda.

He also said that the martial law was enforced only to the necessary extent as the new constitution was being drafted to pave the way for the next general election.

Gen Anupong responded to the statement of Rupert Abbott, Amnesty International’s Research Director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, who said he was concerned by soldiers’ efforts to expand their detention authority.

The minister said that depended on different perspectives but that and the NCPO did not violate people’s rights. It took action only to ensure national peace and order.

“I assert that soldiers are not increasing their own power,' he said. "They have not issued any additional regulation and martial law is exercised only when it is necessary,” the interior minister said.

“The demonstration against the prime minister in Japan showed different opinions that we must listen to, but the overall situation in the country must be considered too,” he added.

Gen Anupong said that all Thai people hoped for true democracy and said that it was not different from the demand of the United States. He said that the democracy would have to be sustainable and have legal foundations.

The new constitution would lead to an election and true democracy, he said.

The interior minister said that the NCPO and the government were determined to follow their national reform roadmap to introduce true democracy in Thailand. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-02-11

I dont believe it in the least. Every person that has gone there has come back and not said anything since. They were threatened, coerced whatever you want to call it.

That is the whole idea of attitude adjustment.......to keep their mouths shut and not cause distraction to the building of the road to Democracy by the Government..

Either you like it or not you have to accept it.

Although, you can keep on shouting as you have no affect on the political situation in Thailand.

Bless you.

I dont believe it in the least. Every person that has gone there has come back and not said anything since. They were threatened, coerced whatever you want to call it.

That is the whole idea of attitude adjustment.......to keep their mouths shut and not cause distraction to the building of the road to Democracy by the Government..

Although, you can keep on shouting as you have no affect on the political situation in Thailand.

Bless you.

Seldom read such an super intelligent comment like yours Costas..

I wonder where you come from.. must be a very low developped place, shure NOT democratic,

more some way of dictatorship. I guess you also cheer IS and Boko-haram! They live and

make People have to live exactly same way as your words in this comment...

"You do what I want or I have to treat you in the way I want..."

"You keep your mouth shut - or I have to do it for you... "

Promise, in the democracy I come from you would not survive long time with that gentle attitude..

Edited by Hardy99
  • Like 1

One did. She had to leave the country first though.

If you read only TV.. about the current political situation they are more single sided

then most yellow lads I know...

Taffy123 you should read some other news too.. not just here, so you get to know that call in for

"Setting or adjust attitide" did also include signing special documents and much more..

Annulling the double putschist is either incredible stupid or incredibly naif. His "true democracy" is of course nothing more than a sham to keep the people that made Thailand a backward country for most of its history in power and he doesn't do any man in uniform any good if he believes that locking up people in re-education camps to make them think like a soldier with half a brain that must act and not think is not an infringement on personal rights. Annulling finds it okay when he is taken hostage. It is not an infringement on his individual rights. Stupidity is clearly world's biggest commodity.

• Like 1

They have not issued any new regulation he said. That would be apart from the new interim constitution with its amnesty and article 44 we can do what we like clause.

Has no one asked why marshal law is necessary when every few years the army overthrows the government if the elite monopolists don't like free enterprise and democracy?

• Like 1

Bless you.

I think its time for your attitude adjustment !

Is this not the absolutely most absurd thing on earth.

They are asserting your right to attend a closed interrogation without a lawyer present, and no right to explain to anyone afterwards what has happened.

Only in Thailand could something so patently in violation of a persons normal rights be painted as something normal.

• Like 1

Bless you.

You are a disgusting individual.

• Like 1

Do you think this might have something to do with it?

"Hundreds of people have been summoned and forced to sign documents that allow the junta to seize their assets if they become involved with “any political movement.”"http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/10/world/asia/thailand-junta-drowning-the-opposition-in-paperwork.html?_r=3

• Like 1

They also have to sign some kind of documents. Can you clarify what are on these documents Mr Minister?

As indicated about, documents explaining that if they open their mouths they can lose everything they own.

It seems peace and reconciliation are to be achieved through threats and asset seizure.

Summonsing for AA and then detention for AA are impossible to fight under the current heavily loaded rules.

The old test for being under arrest or not was the ability to leave when the subject person wanted. I can imagine under AA the subject is told they are not under arrest but not free to go until their attitude has been deemed adjusted.

No formal arrest, no formal charge, no due process of any description so what we have is a complete ABUSE OF PROCESS but luckily no one's rights are being abused. TIT whistling.gif

• Like 1

"Hundreds of people have been summoned and forced to sign documents that allow the junta to seize their assets if they become involved with “any political movement.”"http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/10/world/asia/thailand-junta-drowning-the-opposition-in-paperwork.html?_r=3

This should be a sticky. Great read and sums up what is going on very well. One day the Thai people are going "to grow a pair" and end all of this.

• Like 1

true.

notice as well how all reports just say things like "hundreds" or "over 600", etc.

That is because no one knows the real number of people who have been brought in. No one...