Thailand's internet back to full speed - Asia-America Gateway (AAG) submarine cable fixed

george

'Pon me soul sirs, get this new fangled internet thing working properly, it needs bigger cocoa tins, stronger and longer string too.

Man can't watch good English cultural programmes in peace nowadays like Coronation Street and East Enders with all the confounded breaks in the streaming speed,.

I shall have to write to ''The Times' and make my feelings known.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

http://hourglassera.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/britannia.jpg?w=720&h=973

• Like 1

does anyone have any idea why the cable is damaged so often just off Vietnam (although not this time but most of the times)? I tried to google for it but found very little info.

Seems to me if a cable is damaged at roughly the same locations over and over someone would take a closer look at what the root cause is?

Two speed Internet in LOS, Slow and Super Slow........and of course no choise of service providers.....

Really! Mine is fast enough. 1.5 g torrent download in about 12- 13 minutes. Admittedly sometimes that can be double the time during busy periods. But for £14 a month (700b) I'm generally happy.

• Like 1

I've had a "popping" sound, loss of connection, slower than the usual slow speed, and SKYPE is unusable. I thought and probably is the problem, the "popping" started after the computer took a bit of a hit during an electrical outage. All of the above still in effect. Maybe NSA....lol.

I had a real shit connection with 3BB up and down all the time. I was about to get my wife to call their service number as the shop don't want to get involved. It's call this number. Anywhy 2 guys from 3 BB called at the house before my wife had even called them. They had come to check to see if my internet was okay, something they werte doing around the village. After explaining the problem they got to work checking my modem. After about 30 mins they told me that there was a problem with my modem. I had only had it around 18 months. They connected one of their modnew box with ems and said to try it and they would call back in 2-3 days.For the next 3 days it was great no problems at all TV box never stopped once ans fast internet. They returned and asked me what I wanted one of their boxes or to buy a new one, I opted for the top of the range box with a printer port. It is working Great. And at the same time I got the guys to set me up a wireless extender. Very happy with the service.Told my wife to get the 2 guys personal phone number in case of problems.Nice tip works wonders, they were more than happy, just like me.!!!!!!!

• Like 1

does anyone have any idea why the cable is damaged so often just off Vietnam (although not this time but most of the times)? I tried to google for it but found very little info.

Seems to me if a cable is damaged at roughly the same locations over and over someone would take a closer look at what the root cause i

Chinese submarines looking for oil.

• Like 1

Two speed Internet in LOS, Slow and Super Slow........and of course no choise of service providers.....

Really! Mine is fast enough. 1.5 g torrent download in about 12- 13 minutes. Admittedly sometimes that can be double the time during busy periods. But for £14 a month (700b) I'm generally happy.

It all depends on where you live, how you are physically connected (adsl, fibre, WiNet, satellite etc) and who your provider is (AIS, DTAC, True, TOT, CAT, 3BB) and if of course you have the luxury of a choice.

Edited by billd766

It all depends on where you live, how you are physically connected (adsl, fibre, WiNet, satellite etc) and who your provider is (AIS, DTAC, True, TOT, CAT) and if of course you have the luxury of a choice.

That's very true .. 3BB. Nakhon Pathom (about 30km from Bkk centre) Medium sized moo baan approx 350 houses. Presume ADSL as it has thin green cable coming into house.

Oh, the irony. As of the time I'm writing this post it has been more than 18 minutes since this page started to load. In addition to the thaivisa.com domain which I believe might be hosted on SE Asia servers, data from the following sites is also s-l-o-w-l-y downloaded, probably many of which are over that "back to full speed" underwater cable:

bcp.crwdcntrl.net
ab.expatgroup.com
googlesyndication.com
doubleclick.net
trc.taboola.com
facebook.com
youtube.com
us-u.openx.net
mycdn.media.net
a.rfihub.com
googleusercontent.com
i2.wp.com
s0.2mdn.net
apis.google.com
accounts.google.com
static.ak.facebook.com
ssl.gstatic.com
s7.addthis.com
a.akamaihd.net
c1.rfihub.net
p.rfihub.net
s0.2mdn.net
c1.rfihub.net
adosx.com
addthis.com

Got Ultra High Speed updated from 15 G to 30 G for Gaming,,,,,still same , click and wait , wait and wait

Got Ultra High Speed updated from 15 G to 30 G for Gaming,,,,,still same , click and wait , wait and wait

That's your problem .. you updated :-D