Taxi driver busted for stealing tourists' bags at Don Mueang Airport

webfact

Taxi Driver Busted for Stealing Tourists' Bags at BKK Airport
By Khaosod English

14237397361423739869l.jpg
Tourist police press conference following the arrest of a taxi driver who allegedly stole luggage from Chinese tourists at the airport, 11 Feb 2015.

BANGKOK — A taxi driver has been arrested for allegedly stealing luggage from Chinese tourists at Don Mueang Airport in northern Bangkok.

Three Chinese tourists told police on Feb 8 that a taxi driver dropped them off at the airport's departure platform and sped away before they could collect their luggage from the trunk.

Police investigated the complaint and identified the taxi driver as Mongkolsetthi Udomsap. Mongkolsetthi initially denied the allegation, but later confessed after police found the cab with the tourists' luggage parked outside of his home in Bangkok’s Lat Prao district.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1423739736

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-13

Look, give the guy a chance, he didn't know or forgot about the bag, and never opened the trunk, went home and parked his car for a good sleep, then he wakes up with the police banging on his door.cheesy.gif

Then after the compulsory torture and threats to his family and friends he confesses.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 2

The Chinese probably got out of the car,, started screaming at each other.. spitting and pissing where they stood and the driver just thought that after a while, they had gotten their luggage and then took off at a slow speed back to his home, thinking nothing of that terrible Chinese experience... Until the knock on the door

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 2

I once tried to film an Issan funeral on my Blackberry. It was a pretty cool cultural rite (I thought).

Was scolded & told to put it away.

--------

They DO, SO LOVE their posed photos though don't they?

I honestly cannot tell who the accused is.

They all look guilty.

===========

The guy on the left looks like "You bastards just woke me up"

The woman is a bad typist with knobby knees & just stood there & smiled.

Next is a fat guy, who is an undercover DSI guy (or something) looking like he got caught.

Next, moving left to right, is a dude that hasn't been laid in a LONG TIME.

He has his eyes on K. Knobby Knees' derriere.

Am guessing the accused is the guy sitting behind the desk, looking like the Mayor. No idea what the clowns on the right are doing (besides looking like they've just been blinded by a camera flash).

I suppose all that finger pointing really does have a use.

I am shocked! No one is pointing at the luggage!! blink.pngw00t.gif

On arriving at DMK from Chang Rai on the 9th we queued for a taxi inside the terminal , then given a ticket with the taxi number on it so those at DMK knew who was taking us where. After Trendy House and the return yesterday we got a taxi in Sukhimvit , no meter but arriving at DMK the BiB grabbed the taxi door and asked what we had been charged, another scam sorted. Ah ,unless you want to go from say...your hotel to say....the zoo. Back to mafia scam ?

• Like 1

The Chinese probably got out of the car,, started screaming at each other.. spitting and pissing where they stood and the driver just thought that after a while, they had gotten their luggage and then took off at a slow speed back to his home, thinking nothing of that terrible Chinese experience... Until the knock on the door

Being Chinese tourists, they probably did all that in the taxi. No wonder the driver sped off.

• Like 1

I usually go to the back of the taxi and if the driver gets out to help with the luggage, then he gets his fare + tip.

If he stays glued to his seat, I've got the luggage on the footpath and then he gets paid.

• Like 2

what A catch ,the crime of the year ,business as normal for all the real gangsters

It's not the crime of the year - but well done to the authorities who got the stolen suitcase back. Are small crimes to be ignored? Why not give credit when credit is due.

• Like 1

Taking Refuge
A Buddhist expresses his intention of taking the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha as his refuge by repeating the following lines three times:

"I go to the Buddha for refuge.
I go to the Dharma for refuge.
I go to the Sangha for refuge."

Friendlystranger, no one with a brain would have anything of any importance in their suitcase, clothes & shoes can be bought cheaply in thailand & even for the larger frame now. I think this taxi driver didn't get out to get the luggage because he figured they cud get it, being Chinese they probably spent 30 minutes haggling over the fare & forgot to lift their bag out. The police look like they're posing for a xmas card, don't they realize photos of them together with the " suspect" doesn't mean he's guilty.

Is he the only one sitting just to prove how low he is???

Anyway where are all those persons from, defiantly not the airport as we all know according to BBC Three everyone who work at the airport laughs and smiles all the time, or is it just the other airport?

Taking Refuge
A Buddhist expresses his intention of taking the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha as his refuge by repeating the following lines three times:

"I go to the Buddha for refuge.

I go to the Dharma for refuge.

I go to the Sangha for refuge."

I go to the toilet for refuge.

I stay in my bed for refuge.

I buy a gun for refuge.

Last week at don muang we also had to be in the qeueu for a taxi, 50 baht precharge but for what? The driver refused to take the luggage from my wife and let her bring it to the car. He also couldn't speak english so he was lucky i was not alone.

He had a new sticker on the window, no fighting, no dogs, no weapons, no durian, no kwai thumbsup.gif

I searched for the "no japanese" sticker but didn't see it.

But who is the kwai?