Little Things That Annoy You

lampard10

Little things that annoy you

"I just need to go to the toilet"

"no problem darling, I'll stand outside and have a cigarette" (in an area that is ok to smoke and no bib is going to fine me for having one)

45 minutes and 5 cigarettes later.

"where the hel_l have you been?"

I should be used to this by now :o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I find funny more than annoying (like the picknose/pick teeth syndrome) is that most Thais spend an hour or more in the shower every day dousing themselves with gallons of cold water, yet ask one of them to go out in the rain without an umbrella. That is another go-go area. :o

What anoys me is alot of farangs complain about stupid things all the time and think that only Thai's do this or that

Yes, indeed, as well as uninformed people criticising those who deal with these things every day. :o

Most everything said here can be duplicated in Sing and many other places in Asia

Most of those examples happen here too, What annoys me is your avatar

If something as simple and avoidable as my avatar annoys you, I would suggest you don't move to Thailand, Asia or, as we have been told now, Guatamala.

What anoys me is alot of farangs complain about stupid things all the time and think that only Thai's do this or that

Yes, indeed, as well as uninformed people criticising those who deal with these things every day. :o

Most everything said here can be duplicated in Sing and many other places in Asia

If something as simple and avoidable as my avatar annoys you, I would suggest you don't move to Thailand, Asia or, as we have been told now, Guatamala.

But if I dont move there I wont be able to join in and complain about silly little things all the time like most expats. :D

"no problem darling, I'll stand outside and have a cigarette" (in an area that is ok to smoke and no bib is going to fine me for having one)

I should be used to this by now :o

Poor Thaddeus, you innocent man, that isn't solely a Thai characteristic. Nearly every woman does this.

And yes, we are talking about you :D

Yes, indeed, as well as uninformed people criticising those who deal with these things every day. :D

But if I dont move there I wont be able to join in and complain about silly little thingsall the time like most expats. :D

I take it you are referring to yourself as the object of attention...? :o

But if I dont move there I wont be able to join in and complain about silly little things all the time like most expats. :D

:D Nice retort!

er mate, can I suggest the noodle lady on the corner.

10 baht for the chicken rice soup. 15 for the pad thai gai.

Sinsing, I think your two legged horse is hilarious.

Where the Donz appreciation thread?

:o

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned my biggest pet hate living here, well, in Bangkok...

Taxi drivers with no change!!

I get it a least once a week. Why can't they understand that not every one has the correct money? I'm not talking 1000B notes here either. It happens with 100B notes, with the fair around 40B

This really does wind me up.

Another pet hate with Bangkok taxi drivers... not switching the meter on, once you say no to his suggested fair, he drops you off right up the road.

Another one... Taxi drivers that go the long way. Thankfully I've only had this happen to me 2 or 3 times I've been aware of.

My pet peeve about elevators- happens everywhere, not just Thailand;

Waiting on the ground floor to go up, waiting for everyone who has just come down to exit the elevator, getting in the elevator by myself (pushing the button to close the door, of course), then realizing that one of the departing passengers laid a juicy foul smelling fart in the elevator car on their way out the door.

Having to endure someone else's fart in solitude while riding in the elevator really sucks. :o

In retrospect, it adds to the case of waiting for the doors to close on their own, insted of being impatient and pushing the close button. Perhaps the few seconds would allow the wafts to hit my nostrils and give me a chance to jump out of the lift before voluntarily trapping myself in there.

I should be used to this by now :D

Poor Thaddeus, you innocent man, that isn't solely a Thai characteristic. Nearly every woman does this.

And yes, we are talking about you :D

:D

But possibly only in Thailand does the cause of the delay tend to a bowl of fruit :o:D:D

We don't make it to BKK very often, but when we do the wife likes to visit MBK.

The last time we went we had our 2 year old in a pram, and our 2 month old in my arms.

We were first at the lift doors, but due to the baggage we had it took longer than a nanosecond to enter the lift. I kid you not, we tried to enter 4 emtpy lifts but each time we were pushed out of the way by people that had come after us. We ended up having to use the escalator with the pram.

I have spent 4 years in Sing, 2 in South Korea and now in my 5th year in Thailand but that is the first time I have ever seen selfishness like that. My wife was speechless and has decided that we are better off visiting SIam Paragon in the future :D

well tuky,

its sort of like this, MBK and the 3rd floor of telephones ? i mean whats going on there ? :D

5th floor resaurant, having a top bowl of noodle soup, ice coffee and looking at some stunners. :D

i love it mate :D

cheers :o

Why?????????????????? Is there no-one to show you how to use the internet in Oz? :o

Did you read the post I was responding too :D

Well just waking up half dozen times a night by wild street dogs and finally the 5am wake up by my neighbours chickens that he keeps on a townhouse balcony ???? :o reason - he likes them as an alarm clock. However his alarm clock wakes up every1 in the area and doesnt turn off for hours. At least that keeps me away from sleep untill the trucks with megaphone loudspeakers come to serve up lovely raw fish at the back of 6am MMMMmmmm just what you want after no sleep all night. Then we have the signature pickup "kap koooooooooooow ma leeeeeeooooowww" gentlemen who has broken megaphones and simply resorts to just pressing his car horn down for 5 seconds a few times in a row - then drives a few metres along the soi doing the same before finally coming back to the outside of my house and repeating. Well who doesnt need their veg and cr ap to go with their fresh squid at 6am eh?

By that time everyones 2 stoke motorbikes are firing about the joint, pickuptrucks and cars with the added dash of soi dog screams, chicken squaks and so on.

JESUS I am not losing it as I have already lost it!

And yes my flight outta here is booked for this weekend, I need a break from this crap. Havent slept foe more than 3 hours a night for months. AND when I come back I will NEVER EVER stay in a townhouse on a BKK soi again,

Soundproofed condo's ALL THE WAYYY :D:D

PS: I have lived in BKK for years to date also Phuket Phitsanoluk and many more and reasile that Thai's are noisy chaps indeed but this current soi is too much. be very carefull when choosing to reallocate to a new location every1

• 1 month later...

I get ever so slightly annoyed sometimes when my bank servers are down for routine maintainence. Also when pigeons perch near my air conditioner condenser units NEAR my windows and thus out of the airgun safe zone (still haven't found a shop that stocks avicides here). Otherwise life is peachy.

Wouldn't want to go through life annoyed at so many petty little things like some folks around here.

:o