Double tourist visa entry times

Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there can advise on my situation,

I'm currently on a non b visa as I'm doing an internship (which will be ending soon), the non b visa runs out 28th feb & I need to re enter thailand to set up a work permit etc, I'm in no real rush to set it up so my thinking is to get a double entry tv from either Laos or savannakhet which I can extend to 90 days, however between the 2 entries I want to go back home (uk) to see family etc, so if I re enter on the 1st tv from Laos/savannakhet & extend for 90 days that will take me approx thru till end of may, then I want to go home & re enter on the 2nd tv, is this possible? & how long could I stay at home for before the 2nd tv expires? Also do I need to show flight exit tickets when applying for a tv?

Any advise much appreciated.

A 2 entry tourist visa issued in Laos will only be valid for entry for 3 months. You would have to do the 2nd entry within those 3 months.

It would be best to get a single entry visa and then get another one while you are in the UK.

You will not need to show tickets in Laos or the UK to get the visa,

You can apply by post at the embassy in London to get the visa. See: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4