Public health ministry concerned over smog in 9 northern provinces

Lite Beer

Many Goverments have been issuing warnings in the the12 years since I have been based in Chiangmai .However nothing is ever done-all blow and no show.

I am old enough to remember the London smogs which were even worse but action wastaken and the air quality imroved dramyically.

I have even seen police laughing at seeing slash and burn activities-and burning rice stuble!

I may have a solution. Where I live there is a rumour going around that this female spirit is after young boys. You can avoid this if you hang a red shirt outside your home stating no young boys live here. Part of the rumour is two young boys died in there sleep. There are red shirts hung everywhere. Now start a rumour that anyone who burns trash a spirit will visit your home and take the first male in the household. The only way to avoid this is by putting trash in bins. The rumour will spread and bingo you can breath again.

Ahh thanks, I've been trying to find out what the hanging red shirts business is about & the missus wont tell me, afraid of looking stupid lol

• Like 1