Rayong immigration

I'm visiting Rayong and as my tourist visa is due for an extension, I thought I'd do it at the immigration in Rayong (as opposed to Samui, where I'd normally do it). I'll use the address of the hotel I'm staying at in Rayong.

What are the opening hours and are they generally easy to deal with?

9.00am - 4.30pm

Very nice people to deal with , truly

Actually they open at 8.30am and close between noon and 1pm for lunch.

But agree that they are generally nice people to deal with.

I have attached a couple of location maps showing their whereabouts.

post-63387-0-37160600-1423992325_thumb.g

post-63387-0-39953700-1423992349_thumb.g

• Like 1

As OJAS' map shows, the office isn't actually in Rayong, but out to the west in Map Tha Phut. If you've got your own transportation, no problem, but difficult with public transport - have to take a songthaew out along Sukhumvit and then still about a kilometre south of the road to the office. Might manage a gouging moto from the intersection.

• Like 1

9.00am - 4.30pm

Thanks, Google maps show it much closer to Rayong. Must be outdated. wai2.gif

I'll rent a scooter or take a cab.

9.00am - 4.30pm

Thanks, Google maps show it much closer to Rayong. Must be outdated. wai2.gif

Its in Maptuphut which is an industrial estate and you would have to be a very silly person indeed to ride a scooter on those roads with all the trucks, take a cab or rent a car Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Its in Maptuphut which is an industrial estate and you would have to be a very silly person indeed to ride a scooter on those roads with all the trucks, take a cab or rent a car

Ok, thanks. I'm actually staying in Ban Phe and cabs seem very dear in these parts... I'll maybe ride my scooter to Rayong, park it there and take a cab to immigration. Any idea how long they'll take to process a tourist visa extension? Guess there won't be a lot of cabs there so I'd need to ask the cab driver to pick me up later.

I'll post a separate thread on this, but since I have this thread going...

...does anyone know if I can extend my daughter's (10 yrs) tourist visa for her without bringing her along? She's made some friends and is very reluctant to make the trip, and I'd prefer not to drag her along unless I have to.

I know border officials generally ignore overstaying kids, but I prefer to stay on the legal side of things as far as possible.

Edited by AngThong

They should let you do your daughters extension. She should sign the TM7 form. Proof you are her parent might be asked for.

Download and print two sided, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Thanks. I always pre-fill & bring my own double-sided TM7... I'll try it without her, we have another 2 weeks in case it doesn't work out.

If you can cope with riding a scooter from Ban Phe to Rayong , I would imagine you could also cope with riding a scooter from Rayong to Maptaphut, did many time myself before I got a car. The turning for immigration is a left turn at a place called Huai Pong after Mapthaput it is clearly signposted and easy to find if you know where it is tongue.pngwink.png . Actually if you take the turn off Sukhumvit and follow for about 1.5 -2kms , you will come to what look like Government offices on a T junction , take a left and about 100 mtrs on the right H S is the immi office.

• Like 2

If you can cope with riding a scooter from Ban Phe to Rayong , I would imagine you could also cope with riding a scooter from Rayong to Maptaphut, did many time myself before I got a car. The turning for immigration is a left turn at a place called Huai Pong after Mapthaput it is clearly signposted and easy to find if you know where it is tongue.pngwink.png . Actually if you take the turn off Sukhumvit and follow for about 1.5 -2kms , you will come to what look like Government offices on a T junction , take a left and about 100 mtrs on the right H S is the immi office.

Ok. We'll see how I feel about the traffic :) I'll try to hit them earlyish tomorrow, maybe 9-10 am.

Riding a motorbike in Maptaphut industrial estate is easy. I have done it a zillion times. Ko Samui on the other hand is quite scary. blink.png

If it's easy compared to Samui, I ought to manage... I generally live on Phangan, been to Samui (too) many times.

Riding a motorbike in Maptaphut industrial estate is easy. I have done it a zillion times. Ko Samui on the other hand is quite scary. blink.png

If it's easy compared to Samui, I ought to manage... I generally live on Phangan, been to Samui (too) many times.

Maptaphut Imm is not in an industrial complex. You might meet one cat and two dogs on the road from Sukemvit to the Immigration office.

• Like 1

Maptaphut Imm is not in an industrial complex. You might meet one cat and two dogs on the road from Sukemvit to the Immigration office.

Well that big sign which says maptuphut industrial estate must be wrong then :blink:

But of course the farang is always correct what do Thai know hey ?

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Briggsy you must have been riding somewhere else " losttoday" says its not an industrial complex :D Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Ok. We'll see how I feel about the traffic smile.png I'll try to hit them earlyish tomorrow, maybe 9-10 am.

When riding from Ban Phe suggest you go through Rayong itself rather than take the bypass (Highway 36) since you will otherwise have a bit of a detour. Traffic through Rayong City at the time of the day you're planning to travel should be OK, and the only other significant traffic hot spot you may encounter is through Maptaput Town before you come to the turnoff referred to by daiwill60. As already said, the roads around the immigration office are relatively quiet, and on-street parking is usually no problem (the office doesn't have a car park of its own).

Reckon the journey from Ban Phe to the immigration office should take you 45-60 mins, depending on the traffic. But make sure you wear a helmet since the BIB are usually out in force in both Rayong City and Maptaput Town checking for bare-headed scooter riders in particular!

• Like 1

Briggsy you must have been riding somewhere else " losttoday" says its not an industrial complex biggrin.png

I used to work next to the immigration office. I guess I've been there 300 or 400 times. It is not in an insustrial estate and there is no traffic. You should not mislead people if you have never been to a place that you are giving instructions to.

• Like 2

Briggsy you must have been riding somewhere else " losttoday" says its not an industrial complex biggrin.png

I used to work next to the immigration office. I guess I've been there 300 or 400 times. It is not in an insustrial estate and there is no traffic. You should not mislead people if you have never been to a place that you are giving instructions to.

Indeed it is not. The industrial estate lies to the east of Maptaput Town, whereas the immigration office is located on the western side.

• Like 1

When riding from Ban Phe suggest you go through Rayong itself rather than take the bypass (Highway 36) since you will otherwise have a bit of a detour. Traffic through Rayong City at the time of the day you're planning to travel should be OK, and the only other significant traffic hot spot you may encounter is through Maptaput Town before you come to the turnoff referred to by daiwill60. As already said, the roads around the immigration office are relatively quiet, and on-street parking is usually no problem (the office doesn't have a car park of its own).

Reckon the journey from Ban Phe to the immigration office should take you 45-60 mins, depending on the traffic. But make sure you wear a helmet since the BIB are usually out in force in both Rayong City and Maptaput Town checking for bare-headed scooter riders in particular!

Thanks. Going tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Since I have this thread... Anyone know a decent travel agency for train tickets (leaving from Bangkok) in Rayong? Will try to get that done on my way back...

Dont forget the photo, and there will be a sticky glue pen on the counter in front of you as you enter. nice helpful bunch there.

Thanks! Was thinking of buying glue at a 7/11 along the way... Won't need that, then :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Riding a motorbike in Maptaphut industrial estate is easy. I have done it a zillion times. Ko Samui on the other hand is quite scary.

Briggsy you must have been riding somewhere else " losttoday" says its not an industrial complex alt=biggrin.png>

Indeed it is not. The industrial estate lies to the east of Maptaput Town, whereas the immigration office is located on the western side.

Actually Mr pedantic it lies both SSE and SSW of maptaphut as it so bleeding big, and the immi office is also located SSW of Huai Pong , not that I am being pedantic , but I also worked very near the Immi office , JEEEZ some people have nothing better to do than split hairs . To get there just follow sukhumvit road to Soi 20 take a left go down Soi 20 until you get to a T junction with the Tessaban Municipality building in front of you , take a left and immi is about 75 mtrs on the right or was it 76 mtrs , Ohh I cannot sleep tonight now , I will nip down there now and measure it for OJASS's satisfaction and I will be back here in 20 minutes OK ? wink.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

9.00am - 4.30pm

Thanks, Google maps show it much closer to Rayong. Must be outdated. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Actually now that you mention this showing closer on Gmaps , I do remember seeing an Immigration office near the fishing boats area in the harbor area of town , but I am not sure if it is still functional or serving the migrant fishing workers located in that area , I would still go to Maptaphut though.

• Like 1

Actually now that you mention this showing closer on Gmaps , I do remember seeing an Immigration office near the fishing boats area in the harbor area of town , but I am not sure if it is still functional or serving the migrant fishing workers located in that area , I would still go to Maptaphut though.

There certainly wasn't an immigration office in Ban Phe in late 2011 according to an old thread on the Eastern Thailand forum at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504136-ban-phe-immigration-location/ and I have never seen any inkling of one there since. Pity for me since I only live some 10km away towards Klaengsad.png

Mate been using that office for the last 14 years so please don't suggest I have never been to the place

further I used to work in that industrial estate, and I can assure you the location of that office is in the industrial estate, so where exactly did you work next to immigration then ?

If the OP want to ride his motocy down sukhumvit and around the industrial area and run the risk of ending up as an farang statistic in Thailand up to him, I offered what I said as a bit of advice that's all

Head north from Rayong on Sukemvit. Turn left after the Immigration sign and under the Chinese dragon things over the road. Drive to the T and take another left to immigration. The immigration office is not in Maptuphut indultrial estate nor do you have to drive through Maptuphut estate to get to the immigration office.

Southpeel wrote, "Its in Maptuphut which is an industrial estate and you would have to be a very silly person indeed to ride a scooter on those roads with all the trucks, take a cab or rent a car" The immigration office is not in an industrial estate."

There are ten motorcycle taxi drivers at the Sukemvit intersection who make the trip a hundred times a day on a motor scooter from Sukemvit to the Immigration office. The trip from Sukemvit to Immigration takes about 5 minutes there is never any traffic.

• Like 1

There certainly wasn't an immigration office in Ban Phe in late 2011 according to an old thread on the Eastern Thailand forum at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/504136-ban-phe-immigration-location/ and I have never seen any inkling of one there since. Pity for me since I only live some 10km away towards Klaengsad.png

But who mentioned that there was one in BanPhe anyway, I didn't. I was replying to the fact that AngThong said there was one showing closer to Rayong than the one in Maptaphut, I was therefore referring to the Fishing boat area in Rayong Harbour Area.