Rayong immigration

Was easy to find, thanks for your help everyone wai2.gif

Took all of 2 minutes, after I had had my passport copies taken at the booth just outside. Very friendly as well... However they did decline to extend my daughter's visa as she wasn't there. Even told them she was sick but no... No questions asked, used my hotel's address.

Saw more BiBs in a single day than in 3 years on Phangan... Stopped plenty of scooters but not me (wearing a token helmet).

I wonder if I should just let my daughter overstay, but I'll open a different thread on that one...

• Like 1

Last year (maybe the year before also?) there was a short term temporary immigration office set up in the tourist police station in Ban Phe right across from Tesco. It was only for a few days a month, and was functional for extensions and reporting.

There was very little public notice of it, and perhaps that's why it's not functioning even a few days a month for immigration officers.

At least I don't think it is!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Was easy to find, thanks for your help everyone wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Took all of 2 minutes, after I had had my passport copies taken at the booth just outside. Very friendly as well... However they did decline to extend my daughter's visa as she wasn't there. Even told them she was sick but no... No questions asked, used my hotel's address.

Saw more BiBs in a single day than in 3 years on Phangan... Stopped plenty of scooters but not me (wearing a token helmet).

I wonder if I should just let my daughter overstay, but I'll open a different thread on that one...

Actually there were also loads of BiB near my place of work his morning too, maybe because Chinese New Year today, or nearing end of minth , but there was a hell of a lot more than I usually see at month end , Glad everything went ok for you today, easy to find innit? especially when instructions don't become analy retentive, eh ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Indeed it is not. The industrial estate lies to the east of Maptaput Town, whereas the immigration office is located on the western side.

Actually Mr pedantic it lies both SSE and SSW of maptaphut as it so bleeding big, and the immi office is also located SSW of Huai Pong , not that I am being pedantic , but I also worked very near the Immi office , JEEEZ some people have nothing better to do than split hairs . To get there just follow sukhumvit road to Soi 20 take a left go down Soi 20 until you get to a T junction with the Tessaban Municipality building in front of you , take a left and immi is about 75 mtrs on the right or was it 76 mtrs , Ohh I cannot sleep tonight now , I will nip down there now and measure it for OJASS's satisfaction and I will be back here in 20 minutes OK ? wink.png

A long 20 minutes innit matey? I'm still awaiting your "considered" reply after 1 day, 5 hours, 12 minutes and 57 nanoseconds!!

Was easy to find, thanks for your help everyone wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Actually there were also loads of BiB near my place of work his morning too, maybe because Chinese New Year today, or nearing end of minth , but there was a hell of a lot more than I usually see at month end , Glad everything went ok for you today, easy to find innit? especially when instructions don't become analy retentive, eh ?

You're a day late, matey, he actually went yesterday (or even the day before by now)! Still, what are a mere 24 hours to sworn enemies??

Edited by OJAS

I had a good experience at Rayong immigration which will be helpful as I'll be moving thereish. Extended daughter's visa on Samui today, also surprisingly quickly.

I noticed in both places that they now have the same kind of "webcams" used by border officials... These would probably explain why everyone has to apply in person; they want your mugshot. (Plus the usual passport photo.)