Public Transportation to LPGA at Siam C.C.

patekatek

Do any of you TV members know of any public transportation that is available to get from Pattaya to the Siam C.C. and back during the 2015 LPGA tournament?

I've googled just about everything I can think of and get no answers. So, I thought I would give this venue a try.

Thanks!

Robroona, wouldn't the white baht bus that takes a person out to the old course be available for a return trip to Pattaya? Or, do the white baht buses stop running at a certain time in the evening?

Thanks, in advance, for any clarification you can provide. And, regarding scubascuba3's question, do you catch it at Suk/klang?

The baht buses (whatever colour) park up outside the course, always 3 or 4 there, every 20 mins I think.

I never see those red baht buses running that route, on that week.

Is there a chance that they are all used ferrying spectators between the course and the car park ?

The baht buses (whatever colour) park up outside the course, always 3 or 4 there, every 20 mins I think.

I never see those red baht buses running that route, on that week.

Is there a chance that they are all used ferrying spectators between the course and the car park ?

I'm a member at SCC and always drive home on SCC road.

Now, in 7 years I have always seen 'red' baht buses going very slowly - a sort of bus service for the locals.

However, in my experience they always turn left at the traffic lights - which are about 4 kms from the end of SCC road. I have never seen a white baht bus, but then again maybe I'm not looking.

Also, I would take note of the above post. The baht buses get commandeered to provide a 'shuttle' service from the car park to the course.

So, on balance, I still believe a m/bike taxi or ordinary one is the best way, as a previous poster suggested.

By the way, if you are over 60 you can get in for free - providing you have some proof like a passport - or of course if you look really old. (No insult meant).

It will be on channel 7 TV.

This is probably a stupid question, but will the traffic on SSCC be a nightmare during the event? I mean, a bigger nightmare than it already is, of course. Those two intersections near the railroad tracks are crazy.

We just moved here in January, so this will be my first experience with a major event. Just wondering if I should plan on staying local (in walking distance) instead of trying to head into town during that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update ScubaScuba. Sorry to hear about the difficulty in getting back to Pattaya. I decided to stay home instead of dealing with the potential frustrations regarding transportation to and from the LPGA event. I find it difficult to believe that several of those monster buses that plague Pattaya streets could not have been contracted to run trips to the golf event.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback to my original post.

I went today and transport back was non existent. No buses, no taxis of any kind. Really badly organised. Why didn't they organise shuttle buses or baht buses to and from the course from Pattaya? Bit stupid not to I'd say.

So, book a return taxi or bike.

Just as I told you, it would be like.

But there was motorcycle taxis running as normal, as I used one.

I went today and transport back was non existent. No buses, no taxis of any kind. Really badly organised. Why didn't they organise shuttle buses or baht buses to and from the course from Pattaya? Bit stupid not to I'd say.

So, book a return taxi or bike.

Just as I told you, it would be like.

But there was motorcycle taxis running as normal, as I used one.

There were no motorcycle taxis at the course for the 40 mins we were waiting, but of course you can arrange a return journey.

We contracted a baht bus from Pattaya Klang to Siam Country Club. 500 baht each way (last year used a taxi for 800 RT). Called them when we were ready to return and they were at the front gate before we walked from 18th green to the front gate.

For entry, yesterday was 300 baht at the gate unless over 60 or under 18.

Nice event that we've gone to many times over the past 6-7 years.

Enjoy.