Thai teen troll apologizes to VRZO after legal threat

webfact

Teen troll apologizes to VRZO after legal threat
By Coconuts Bangkok

vrzoslander.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Legal threats from the embattled celebs behind VRZO have won at least one apology from the internet.

A university student who personal spread rumors about VRZO’s Tubtim Mallika Leekpai appeared in a video alongside the female host and a lawyer representing the popular YouTube channel to apologize.

"I'd like to apologize for the status post on my personal Facebook which was shared on Pantip and other news sites and damaged the reputation of VRZO and Tubtim," Suphitchaya Vongvithyakamhorn said in a lawyery-sounding statement Friday night. "I didn't mean it. I did it out of innocence.”

Notably Suphitchaya didn’t say she lied about Tubtim stealing her boyfriend – only apologized – and the image of the girl flanked by Tubtim and her lawyer days after VRZO made legal threats against their critics is unlikely to help its battered image.

"I accept her apology,” Tubtim said in the recorded segment. “I have been affected in so many aspects that I don't know how I'm gonna take everything back. Thank you for your support."

While VRZO was a success story that demonstrated the potential for building an online empire, it’s now a cautionary tale about relying heavily on cults of personality among a fickle, online community. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/16/teen-troll-apologizes-vrzo-after-legal-threat

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-16

".......and the image of the girl flanked by Tubtim and her lawyer.........."

flanked?

It looks to me that the lawyer is flanked by the two bimbos. No chance of a scrape and scratch match then?

I assume the offender is the sweet little redhead on the left of the picture?

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

"Notably Suphitchaya didn’t say she lied about Tubtim stealing her boyfriend – only apologized – and the image of the girl flanked by Tubtim and her lawyer days after VRZO made legal threats against their critics is unlikely to help its battered image.'

Shouldn't imagine threatening students with legal action helped it much either.
The claim the student made has not been withdrawn I see.
Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

So...what is the story about?

A teen- troll? The one in the middle sure looks like one!

What is a VRZO?

I am lost!

...they are both hot, though!

I hate it when people feel as lost as you, so here's a link to help your day.facepalm.gif

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=vrzo0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=vbrhVMvoBtK6uASIgIHoAQ#q=vrzo

So...what is the story about?

A teen- troll? The one in the middle sure looks like one!

What is a VRZO?

I am lost!

...they are both hot, though!

I hate it when people feel as lost as you, so here's a link to help your day.facepalm.gif

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=vrzo0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=vbrhVMvoBtK6uASIgIHoAQ#q=vrzo

Thanks for clearing THAT part up! wai2.gif

Can somebody explain what any of this means and why it is considered some kind of cult by the writer? 'Journalism' at its best againermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HCxvlbix7X

Did the girl on the right say the barely 'famous' girl on the left stole her boyfriend on social media? And the 'host' on the left accepted the girl on the right's apology? A humiliating, public one of course? The dude in the middle is the lawyer? Is this a case of 'humiliate yourself in front of me and the nation or I'll sue for defamation and ruin you forever'?

I'm struggling here. Am I right, and if so, why is this news? They both look quite hot though (the ladies), perhaps this helps.

• Like 1

the girl on the right is a rich slut who made a popular youtube (popular video sharing site on the internet) with her rich and famous nerd boy friend (son of an ex pm). Like many people they have done bad things like make out and sleep with other people in the past. The ugly girl with the riduculous blonde bangs and uni uniform on the left wrote a FB (facebook) status complaining the other bitch stole her bf. Since the girl on the right is cashed up and free publicity is good, she sued her for defamation, slander, libel - what have you.

Thanks. What's this 'cult' thing all about?

the girl on the right is a rich slut who made a popular youtube (popular video sharing site on the internet) with her rich and famous nerd boy friend (son of an ex pm). Like many people they have done bad things like make out and sleep with other people in the past. The ugly girl with the riduculous blonde bangs and uni uniform on the left wrote a FB (facebook) status complaining the other bitch stole her bf. Since the girl on the right is cashed up and free publicity is good, she sued her for defamation, slander, libel - what have you.

My life feels so much more enriched now..... thank you for the concise summary. I shall sleep so much better knowing all this..

" Suphitchaya Vongvithyakamhorn said.." with a family name as long as this, is she a Chula student by any chance?

Edited by bangon04
  • Like 1

Thanks. What's this 'cult' thing all about?

I assume it's a spelling error.