Pattaya vs Detroit

mike2011

I just got back into town and after 2 days I started wondering. My point is why do people fly all the way to Thailand and end up in Pattaya when Detroit is so near. Admittedly the winter months are self-evident but for the summer?

Some items that crossed my mint:

Beach Detroit

Traffic Detroit

Potholes, road conditions equal

Middle Eastern food Detroit

crime rate Detroit or equal

corruption Detroit

Michigan Ave over Beach road probably equal

less ongoing construction Detroit

cheaper beer Detroit

friendly cab drivers Detroit

public transport equal

Russians equal

Indians Detroit

airport scams Detroit

TV program Detroit

absence of thieving katoeys Detroit

Looking at this impressive list people might wonder what on earth the tourism managers in Detroit are doing..... Detroit has so much going for itself as compared to Pattaya and yet the message does not get over.

Edited by mike2011
  • Like 2

I am totally sober. I just had it today. The full package. Songtaew drivers, Van drivers, the traffic, half a dozen attempted scams, a few things I leave out as they lend themselves to racist remarks......

My goodness..... This place is total stress.

However, I have to admit Shanghai restaurant on 3rd was decent. Thanks to the Jingthing postings I stopped by.

The posting is a bit ironic but I think it has some serious points with a smile.

@manarak: since you brought it up - I guess the combination you described would be cheaper in Detroit. Valuable input. :)

Virtually everywhere in the world is now better than Pattaya/Thailand. just take a look at the Saturday auctions in Pattaya,hotels,restaurants,offices(be it realtors or whatever)are all flogging their stuff en mass,getting the hell out of it

Yes of course it is but it's different it's unique, there's not another place in the world where the whole city is given over to whoring. Pattaya has very nice restaurants some beach, lots of shopping, cinemas, malls etc and there are lots of things to see in town and outside. But at the end of the day it's whore city, where anything is available in this regard and that's why it stands out from other places.

• Like 2

Virtually everywhere in the world is now better than Pattaya/Thailand. just take a look at the Saturday auctions in Pattaya,hotels,restaurants,offices(be it realtors or whatever)are all flogging their stuff en mass,getting the hell out of it

Yes of course it is but it's different it's unique, there's not another place in the world where the whole city is given over to whoring. Pattaya has very nice restaurants some beach, lots of shopping, cinemas, malls etc and there are lots of things to see in town and outside. But at the end of the day it's whore city, where anything is available in this regard and that's why it stands out from other places.

Of course it is. Hard to put it down once you have had a sniff. But I get up in the mornings and see all these monkeys around me,just gets boring,admittedly a break from it from time to time breaks the monotony of it all,but I guess my time is done here.

• Like 2

Ever tried some place outside Pattaya?

people fly all the way to Thailand and end up in Pattaya

Guess the city of whores attracted them cheesy.gif

Detroit: looks like I have fallen to bad propaganda (seen a town that looked like a post war scenario in the state of rebuild).

Never been there and never had the idea to go there.

But after your post I start to doubt biggrin.png

Maybe I win the Thai lottery and give it at try cheesy.gif

You are not from the Detroit tourism org. btw.?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ever tried some place outside Pattaya?

people fly all the way to Thailand and end up in Pattaya

Guess the city of whores attracted them cheesy.gif

Detroit: looks like I have fallen to bad propaganda (seen a town that looked like a post war scenario in the state of rebuild).

Never been there and never had the idea to go there.

But after your post I start to doubt biggrin.png

Maybe I win the Thai lottery and give it at try cheesy.gif

You are not from the Detroit tourism org. btw.?

Should get some good deals there.......it's bankrupt!

I am totally sober. I just had it today. The full package. Songtaew drivers, Van drivers, the traffic, half a dozen attempted scams, a few things I leave out as they lend themselves to racist remarks......

My goodness..... This place is total stress.

However, I have to admit Shanghai restaurant on 3rd was decent. Thanks to the Jingthing postings I stopped by.

The posting is a bit ironic but I think it has some serious points with a smile.

@manarak: since you brought it up - I guess the combination you described would be cheaper in Detroit. Valuable input. smile.png

mmmmmmmhhhkay...

so I take your list point by point:

Beach Detroit

c'mon what about water temperature, vendors, food, and beach sights?

Traffic Detroit

Easy in a city which lost half its inhabitants!

You could also have said there are more parking spaces in the Sahara!

Potholes, road conditions equal

and that's pretty bad for Detroit I might say

Middle Eastern food Detroit

huh? who put middle eastern food on a comparison list between cities?

regardless, there are options for middle eastern food in Pattaya too, despite of Pattaya being much smaller than Detroit

crime rate Detroit or equal

where are your facts?

corruption Detroit

not sure this is even an advantage. What do you do in Detroit when you are caught DUI or speeding ?

Michigan Ave over Beach road probably equal

So how much is a 40 Kg spinner on Michigan Avenue?

less ongoing construction Detroit

But maybe more ongoing demolition?

Again, the same thing applies to the Sahara.

cheaper beer Detroit

okay.

friendly cab drivers Detroit

never took a cab in Pattaya. Are you a hi-so splurger ?

public transport equal

is it really that bad and that cheap (10 baht) in Detroit?

Russians equal

LOL

Indians Detroit

again a strange point to bring up. Sahara springs to mind too.

airport scams Detroit

huh? airport scams?

are you of the credulous sort?

TV program Detroit

What if you speak Thai and not English?

absence of thieving katoeys Detroit

isn't that really a disadvantage for Detroit, except for the thieving part?

My feeling is that you could have made up a list in which a desert compares favorably to Pattaya... And Detroit almost is one.

Regarding Chinese food, try the Marco Polo restaurant in the Montien hotel, roughly opposite the Cholchan resort (big sign on Sukhumvit in North Pattaya / Banglamung) - you will thank me :-)

• Like 1

Well Pattaya is known as the toilet of Thailand.

Apart from all the comments you guys from the USA are renowned for being the worst at integrating into any other society or culture. EVERYTHING has to be measured against the 'good 'ol USA'

Personally I've travelled and lived in a few parts of the states and can easily find a better comparison in any part of the world of just about anything the states has to offer

Apart from all the comments you guys from the USA are renowned for being the worst at integrating into any other society or culture. EVERYTHING has to be measured against the 'good 'ol USA'

Personally I've travelled and lived in a few parts of the states and can easily find a better comparison in any part of the world of just about anything the states has to offer

What you say now?

I've noticed Americans have successfully integrated in quite a few countries in the world, especially middle eastern countries.

What you say now?

I've noticed Americans have successfully integrated in quite a few countries in the world, especially middle eastern countries.

You may have a point, but there is no defending the nonsense in the original OP

Have you considered the 'er, vague possibility that they are selling their stuff to those who are getting the hell into it?

Have you considered the 'er, vague possibility that they are selling their stuff to those who are getting the hell into it?

Have ,but the farang buyers are getting less and less. Only Thais buying majority of the stuff now

• Like 2

If those auctions are centralized in 1 location I wold be glad to attend as a bidder. Not so, if these auctions are spread all over town.

Only exception: If whole condominiums are auctioned-off, I would be willing to travel.

Cheers.

Less Negroes in Pattaya

I put up with a lot of crap on here but when I read something like this I just have to intervene.

It should read "fewer" not "less".

Like this comment. Had to laugh before Christ knob'eads on here less ,more, whatever ,where is the bloody coffin

No 55555 here a positive 6666666

Edited by loppylugs1

For those unbelievers: The Arab community on Warren offers top class middle eastern food. Very hard to beat.

Of course the list was incomplete. Since we pay lots of attention to food here we go:

Greek food Detroit (by a mile)

Italian food Detroit (by a mile)

Polish food Detroit

bouncers Detroit (read the news about those walking street thugs)

wales (obese women) equal (only difference in Detroit they speak English, in Pattaya the white ones Russian)

theaters, museums, schools Detroit

health care Detroit

Sports Detroit

attractive police officers Detroit (especially on Michigan weekends ave after dark)

gambling Detroit

music Detroit

cars Detroit (that was easy)

proximity to civilization Detroit (just cross the river)

Edited by mike2011
  • Like 1