Pakistani family of five arrested for allegedly stealing from tourist in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Chon Buri: Police arrested a Pakistani couple and their three children for having allegedly conned and stolen US$100 from an Indonesian tourist in Pattaya.

Hueeani Adil, 38, and his wife, Surayya Adil, 41, were arrested at their resort room on Soi Jomthien 12 in Tamobon Nongplue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district at2 am Tuesday.

Pol Maj Piyapong Ensarn, a Pattaya tourist police inspector, said the arrest was made following a complaint from an Indonesian tourist, Willy Liw, 26.

The Indonesian told Pattaya tourist police that he was approached by the family who asked him where he came from. When he replied he came from Indonesia, the husband asked to see his Indonesian rupiah, claiming the wife was about to visit the country.

The Indonesian agreed to show his money to the family who swarmed him. He pulled out all the banknotes to show to the family.

Then, the mother and three children apparently talked to him to distract his attention while the father snatched all the cash from his hand.

The Indonesia tourist said he did not know when the father took the US$100 bank note from the wad of banknotes. After the father returned the remaining banknotes to him, the family walked away very fast. He knew at that moment that his US$100 banknote has gone.

Piyapong said police conducted an investigation and found that the Pakistani family were staying at the resort so they made the arrest.

Piyapong said police learned from interrogation of the family that another Pakistani family was using the same trick to con foreign tourists in Phuket. Tourist police in the island-province have been alert to look for the Pakistani family.

Another set of quality people, raise your children as you hope they will grow.

2192.jpg

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.”

Aristotle, The Philosophy of Aristotle

On that basis we can expect at least another 3 Pakistani thieves to be roaming the earth. The LOS should IMMEDIATELY deport them.

They might not have an inet connection to clean others peoples pocket as the Nigerian does.... should get a proper training in Lagos then.... However, Thailand is a good training area for this kinds of scums.... learn from the best, and rip off the stupiest; though in this case was not a Thai:)!

Edited by bronco10250

Exactly the same thing happened to me in Bangkok by Phyathai BTS. They were Pakistanis. I did not remove my wallet or show them what Thai Baht looked like. They were just plain stupid and anyone falling for their pitch has to be on the low end of the moron scale.

to all prospective victims, when asked to show your money, you do have a choice

1) you can say: YES

2) you can say: NO

up to you

You can also do what most normal street smart people do in any large city anywhere in the world, or indeed in any given place when they are approached by strangers:

ignore them. Pretend you didn't hear anything and walk by as if nothing happened.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in Bangkok by Phyathai BTS. They were Pakistanis. I did not remove my wallet or show them what Thai Baht looked like. They were just plain stupid and anyone falling for their pitch has to be on the low end of the moron scale.

Of course, I mean, how could anyone not have it figured out by the time they reach their first opportunity to change money at the airport? Or withdraw local currency from an ATM to pay for their transport into town? How did these people manage to leave the airport without knowing what Thai money looks like? Did they walk the 25km from the airport to downtown?

It would still be stupid, though a little different if they were interested in knowing what say Australian, Burmese, Lao, US, Cambodian, Chinese or you name it any other given foreign currency looks like. But Thai money when they're in Thailand, and not at the airport but in the city in a country where the only acceptable currency for payment of goods and services is Thai Baht? God, what a bunch of clowns, thinking such an idiotic scam would work.

Similar thing nearly happened to me in Karachi 15 years ago.

4 pakistani men crowed me wanting to see UK money, 1 tried to grab my cash, but i was to quick for him, shoved money back in my pocket got away very quickly

I am surprised there are any Pakistanis still Karachi..... I thought they were all already handling UK money and driving taxis.

Regardless of the stupidity of the victims and the perpetrators, (Pakistanis, Indians in Pattaya are not so many as to be able to hide amongst a multitute)

Think about scams, most scam rely on scammers taking from greedy people. Those out to make a quick buck.

This breed of lowlife are preying on those people retarded enough to try and help them. Which is pretty nasty when you think about it. It causes all of us to be less willing to help out others in the future, afraid it's some kind of grift.

They asked to see ind but he showed usd?

Anyone else thinks it's little off?

Try forming the letters one at a time. The article said, "The Indonesia tourist said he did not know when the father took the US$100 bank note from the wad of banknotes."